Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

Alpha invites next week

31 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Why do you actually want an alpha invite when you actually are not interested in the hobby?

He's clearly not suited for an alpha invite. All he will do is come up with 'issues' about stuff only to look smart. Nothing related to aviation, because it's boring.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Oh dang I missed that again.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

That opt in will most likely also be used for Beta testing. They said everyone will get to test the sim eventually, they didn't say everyone would get into the Alpha.

Absolutely they will let everyone in one month prior to launch when the send out the limited public preview version just like they did with FSX. 

I do have to give them credit with the most innovative marketing campaign with a unique way to get us all to upload the intimate details of our computer systems for their AI to fully process and store. Just more information for them to feed their marketing beast. I feel so dirty and ashamed like after clicking a phishing link in an email... Gee I thought I was smarter than that, evidently not. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chock said:

Beyond this, there is a finite limit to how long anyone can keep teasing about stuff before it becomes counter-productive.

This is where I'm at also.  I signed up day one but have yet to get invited, but every time they announce new waves I get my hopes up.  I'm to the point where I'm honestly bitter about it, and I know I shouldn't be but it's the truth.  All the screenshots from alpha testers have been wonderful but they've also made me super duper jealous because I want to be part of the community helping to make the new sim the best it can be too, and I'm not.

By this point I'm pretty sure I'll just have to wait until release to experience the new sim.  And yes I'm buying it on day one, I'd buy it right now if that could get me alpha access, but presently I've given up hope of seeing the sim personally until release day, and every time I read "more invites potentially coming" I just roll my eyes now and say to myself "sure, Jan!".

I don't believe it anymore.  Can't wait to join you all at the end of the year though!!!  😁

• Upvote 1

I do like taking off heavy, fast landing, flying on failures and I could become interested in flying If my plane is visible to other simmers online even if they dont have the aircraft i carry. 

I would test whatever i have to test and write down in the private forums all what needs to be fixed or re done.

I Will OpT- out if i dont recieve and invite by this week as i already registered in October 2019.

10 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

Please consider to Opt- out of this forum too, you cost too much for us. Also you are monotonous, boring and time wasting. 😜

You are a member since 2015 and you still didn't make any donation Yet.

22 minutes ago, mp15 said:

You are a member since 2015 and you still didn't make any donation Yet.

Why do you care if people have or haven't?

You haven't donated either..

28 minutes ago, mp15 said:

I do like taking off heavy, fast landing, flying on failures and I could become interested in flying If my plane is visible to other simmers online even if they dont have the aircraft i carry. 

I would test whatever i have to test and write down in the private forums all what needs to be fixed or re done.

I Will OpT- out if i dont recieve and invite by this week as i already registered in October 2019.

Posting this isn't going to change your chances of getting in.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

They probably mean those who signed up during the first three months of the recruitment process. In the last wave, which if I recall correctly was very short and lasted just one day, most of the people being invited reported that they signed up in the October-November timeframe. But for a chance to get in, the most important factor is having a system equipped with 32GB RAM or more. If you have less than, your chances of receiving an invite are much lower.

Why do you think that? Did they actually say it? It honestly doesn't make any sense. They should be testing on all kinds of systems.

Look at my system in the signature below. I don't think that it's a bad system, can't really believe that they wouldn't choose me just because my RAM. 😄

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Some people with 16GB have said they were invited, but the vast majority do appear to be 32GB.

And Graphics card, I saw at least one person with an Nvidia 970 invited, which is one of the recommended level cards.

Getting an invite is like buying a lottery ticket. Just because you bought one does not mean you are going to be one of the chosen.

Telling everyone that, if you are not chosen, you not going to buy one, is actually quite childish.

• Upvote 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

20 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

Why do you think that? Did they actually say it? It honestly doesn't make any sense. They should be testing on all kinds of systems.

Look at my system in the signature below. I don't think that it's a bad system, can't really believe that they wouldn't choose me just because my RAM. 😄

I don't know why, but it is very likely that the simulator is still in a very unoptimised state, which is typical of a game in alpha stage. In the build notes they have already acknowledged some major performance issues (like dropping to 10 FPS around large international airports), and there could be memory leaks and more. There has to be a reason the overwhelming majority of those being selected have 32GB RAM, and most likely just to avoid getting an excessive amount of reports regarding poor performance and focus on new features and fixing bugs for now.

Considering it is their goal to have the simulator run on systems with 8GB RAM, it is almost certain that with the Beta they will focus on optimisation and subsequently open up access to a much wider range of systems.

24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Some people with 16GB have said they were invited, but the vast majority do appear to be 32GB.

Very few people I believe, I don't think I've seen more than five reports in total on Reddit and in here of 16GB RAM users being accepted.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Very few people I believe, I don't think I've seen more than five reports in total on Reddit and in here of 16GB RAM users being accepted.

You’d have to guess they were dipping their toe in with 16gb users and ran into some issues an put a halt on adding anymore. Complete speculation of course. Personally I don’t give the invites much thought these days, the whole process of hope an disappointment was exhausting and I wished they shown a bit more transparency with it like they have in other areas of the PR which on a whole has been really good.

• Like 1

There's massive demand plusmore users the better for the end product so it wouldn't be a bad idea if MS should charged a fee to get access to the alpha/beta build. They did something similar for the FSX beta which was available via game service similar to Steam.

18 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

You’d have to guess they were dipping their toe in with 16gb users and ran into some issues an put a halt on adding anymore. Complete speculation of course. Personally I don’t give the invites much thought these days, the whole process of hope an disappointment was exhausting and I wished they shown a bit more transparency with it like they have in other areas of the PR which on a whole has been really good.

This is very much possible. When they hinted at 16GB RAM users being invited, they might have been preparing an optimisation or memory leak fix that didn't work as expected.

More transparency would be welcome, but then, if they revealed that you need 32GB RAM to be accepted into the Alpha, you would have an influx of users rushing to upgrade their systems or even modifying their DxDiag (such cases exist, but a confirmation would serve to amplify the problem), and it would create bad publicity. Many major gaming sites are extremely responsive to news regarding the simulator. So far, I think that 16GB hint is the only mistake they've made in that regard.

Another possibility is that the reception towards the Alpha recruitment process was much, much larger than they anticipated. In the FAQ that existed since the game's announcement at E3 2019, it was said that their goal was to eventually have everyone who signed up testing the Alpha, but clearly they are far from attaining that. The fact that they are moving to a closed beta in two months from now instead of an open beta suggests that the infrastructures are still not ready to admit a large amount of players into the game.

• Like 3

I agree. There is no way they can give access to the remaining 40 to 50k people in the next two months although they DID say that everyone who registered for Alpha was going to get access at some point. Now I am not sure if they were specifically talking about the Alpha or in general the pre release buils which covers the future betas aswell.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive