Sign in to follow this  
Sir Blackbird

Best medium price P3D aircraft?

5 hours ago, Sir Blackbird said:

Thanks @Chock for the great explanation! I think that for now I will try the q400 and get the FSL a320 later on If decide that P3D is really better for me. I did consider the Aerosoft but as you said it is probably better to getting 1 good product instead of many mediocre  ones. 

There is no doubt that the FSL offers the best replica of the real world A320 series. But it really depends on what type of experiences you like to have when simming. If you haven't already, you might want to watch some high quality recent full flight videos of the various aircraft....and determine what specifically you want to accomplish in these planes.

It is a stretch in my view to categorize the current iteration of any of the Aerosoft busses - or any of the products discussed in this thread - as mediocre. The QW757 - that's a mediocre product (with a $20 price tag to match). Indeed the AS A330 and the Maddog X are probably the standard setters with respect to PBR cockpit quality. They are both visually stunning. Every plane discussed here will be a great experience in P3D, so it comes down to personal choice. Watch the videos and see which one gets you the most excited, then go click the buy button and get to flying! 👍

• Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

22 hours ago, w6kd said:

Oh no, PMDG are not the most expensive of all--that'd be the FSL Scarebus.  The PMDG 737 base version (800/900/900ER) is $100, and the FSL A320 is $140. 

The full series for both is even more of a disparity--the PMDG 737-800/900 plus the 600/700 extension is $125, the FSL A319/320/321 combination comes in for double that at $250. 

Uhm, ok, so there's another combo offering that is even crazy more expensive, still then, second most expensive, and still not a mid Price aircraft by a long shot...

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 5:59 AM, thepilot said:

I'm torn between the Q400 and the TFDi 717. In fact I'm glad to possess both and I fly and enjoy them equally much. Perhaps it comes down to if you prefer turboprobs or jets. The Dash has the better system representation, but then again, there is not too much automation on this aircraft in the first place – also meaning there is more work for you to do. Which can be a good thing, or not.

Unfortunately the Majestic is not updated for v5 yet, although it does work fine and the TFDI 717 is definately not ready for a v5 release yet although it says it's been updated. Maddog all the way, works perfect and very, very detailed.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

2 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

Unfortunately the Majestic is not updated for v5 yet, although it does work fine and the TFDI 717 is definately not ready for a v5 release yet although it says it's been updated. Maddog all the way, works perfect and very, very detailed.

That's one of the reasons I'm still on V4.5 at the moment. Now that V5 HF2 is out, I hope and anticipate it won't take long for them to be become fully compatible.

The Dash8 works fine in P3D v5. I haven't encounter any major issue.  The maddog X has become my favorite airplane the minute I started to fly her. 

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Yes, the Maddog is nice but its even more expensive than the PMDG. I will hopefully get the Q400 today and write what I think about it.

I am torn between the QW 787 and Q400. I just love the way the 787 looks but from what I've heard the Q400 is more realisitic....

Does the 787 FMC have Holds, airways and directs? 

Edited by Sir Blackbird

Coolsky DC-9 - ~US$55 (you get some MD-80s thrown in as well, but they're dated, so I don't use them).  No magenta line in sight.

Quality Wings Avro RJ/BAE146 - ~US$20.  Couple of quirks you need to manage, but for $20...

Yep, Q400 is a great plane.  I don't have the 787, but can imagine it takes a lot less 'flying' than the Q400.  Where's the fun in that?

All have Australian liveries.  🙂

Sadly, the J41 hasn't made it to the top of the pile yet, otherwise that would be on here too.

Post script... I don't have it, only for the sake of plenty to fly already... TFDi B717?

Edited by Mickel

6 hours ago, Sir Blackbird said:

I am torn between the QW 787 and Q400. I just love the way the 787 looks but from what I've heard the Q400 is more realisitic....

Quit flip flopping and make the choice: Q400 then go fly instead of worrying about which add on is better.

• Upvote 2

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

20 hours ago, Sir Blackbird said:

I bought the QW 787 and promptly returned it as I'm spoiled by PMDG NGXu and Majestic Q400 and didn't care for what I was seeing w/ QW 787.  If PMDG came out w/ a 787 I'd likely jump on it.  One very cool factor re the Q400 is that is ultra-easy on demand on both CPU and GPU, so you can do regional flights into very complex terminals and fare quite well even on less than sterling hardware.  I use four planes, all along w/ FSCaptain:  PMDG 777, 737 NGUx, Maj Q400 Pro and the wonderful Carenado Phenom 300 along w/ F1 GTN750 (thanks Bert Pieke).   Be prepared if you don't use pedals you will need to use a hardware tiller axis for the NGUx for ground steeting, and for future releases of PMDG's updated Boeing planes.  

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The one thing that seems to really kill the 787 for me is the way the altitude and speed tickers have very low FPS compared to what I'm seeing outside the airplane.  It's a little thing, but one that annoys me greatly.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

21 hours ago, Sir Blackbird said:

In that case I would say 100% Q400.  I have both but I find the Q400 gets much more flight time from me...it's a wonderful addon that's worth much more than what it costs.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 hours ago, Mickel said:

don't have it, only for the sake of plenty to fly already... TFDi B717?

It’s on sale for $45 right now. Can’t go wrong. 

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

It’s on sale for $45 right now. Can’t go wrong. 

Yep, picked it up after I posted that.  🙂  Now all I need is for their website to let me in so I can download liveries...  😣  In the meantime, I'm going to go fly its big sister to St Maartin.

The NGXu is a safe bet. You can’t go seriously wrong with it. 

The Q400 is the best plane I rarely fly. It’s really great, the FMC is very different and a bit weird it you’re not used to it. You either love it or you don’t. I can’t even decide if I do. But it really is great. 

The FSLabs is out of this world with GSX Level 2 when it comes to immersion. The only plane that comes close is the Mad Dog but that’s a very different style. 
i haven’t regretted any euro I spent on the FSLabs. 

Don’t get the 787 or the A330. Both are a significant step below the fidelity of these addons. 

The first four I mentioned are better than their X-Plane equivalents  which i own as well. Nothing in XP really comes close to the FSLabs or the Mad dog. 

Edited by flycln