Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

28 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Ive just read the specs of the XboxX and they're claiming 4k gaming at 60fps. So, if thats the case, and this game is going to release on it, therefore I am concluding that a 2080ti should also render at 60fps, and the new 30 series should have no problems at all. 

The catch of course is it's almost certainly going to be 60 frames per second 4K at low to medium settings..........

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

You can wait till it`s released it`s not going to change.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Russ and I flew some planes in the then-new P3D v4 which certainly had no business being anywhere near a 64-bit sim. 

Yeah, but some of them worked, didn't they...

It'll be interesting to see if the file structure in MSFS is similar...

Edited by b1bmsgt

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

August 18?  That was unexpected!  Well done! Guess it's Premium Deluxe for me too.... 👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

So now we all know the date when John Dowson is taking his next vacation.

What’s the benefit of pre-ordering? Doesn’t make sense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turpentine said:

Thanks a lot for sharing this.

Does this mean that the finished product is complete if it has already been pressed onto CDs? If not, does that mean they will distribute a base version of the game and then force users to complete some sort of online update upon install?

Anyone know if you can install this on more than one computer, like all of the other versions of MSFS? I wouldn't mind having on both of my computers.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, Turpentine said:

I agree with some of the posters, I think there's a decent chance the product, while amazing in many respects, will feel unfinished on release date.

To ease your anxiety, how about you see it differently: by pre-ordering MS2020 today, you get automatically picked to be a beta tester for the v2 beta round that will start on August 18th, and will receive all future fixes and updates for free.

In all honesty with how early this is releasing I'm expecting a sim which has issues and is partly unfinished at release.  And I'm fine with that.  I plan to be flying in the new MFS from here on out for the very long term, and I feel confident it will grow and improve over time.  I feel certain the positives will outweigh the negatives.

Bring it on!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

Some switched to P3D for this very reason.  I agree that it wouldn't be very easy for them to do.  Hence why I am skeptical.  Everybody has a different niche for their flying.  I enjoy simulating airline flights.  Simulating a 737 or A320 into Montreal in January during a real world snowfall but in a setting that looks like spring or summer just won't cut it for me.  

Seasons are also a big deal to me. Maybe this is somewhere Orbx can step up to stay relevant. Even just a tree replacement utility could work wonders. That, combined with a way to 'reshade' the countryside/farmland to more of a brown color during the winter months as appropriate could do wonders. I hope that green/snow aren't the only two seasons in the sim.

Edited by bbain1187

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

1 hour ago, spilok said:

I pre-ordered too...but it didn't allow installation.  

Stan

So that’s my point. What IS the benefit of pre-ordering?

3 hours ago, vcarlo said:

I recommend we review this promo video before we say NO SEASONS .. also note >> we will have FULL REAL WORLD WEATHER (I think it's safe to say we will see it snowing) 😉

hope you are right.  But this video shows snow.  Not snowing.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next