Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Pre order : advantage over buying at release date ?

Wow, Jonnoxx.  Good post, thanks.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

That's the question alright! Nowhere on the MSFS website does it mention the timezone. Maybe GMT?

UTC (International)?

UTC +1 (UK British Summer TIme)?

UTC +2 (France - Asobo HQ)?

UTC -7 (Redmond, Washington - MS HQ)?

The possibilities are endless! Just something else which forum members can ask in multiple threads until launch. More headaches for the mods.😉

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

The most important advantage of pre-ordering now, is bragging rights. I'd like to see age demographics of the pre-ordering community.

Otherwise, as already said, no rush at all..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

4 hours ago, MarkW said:

I have very high confidence the MS servers can handle the downloads of this release...at the end of the day it is still a small community vs. something very large like a major Windows update.

When is the last time you downloaded a 90 GB Windows Update?

Happy talk 🙂 

It will be interesting to hear the stories on Aug 18th and the week to follow..

Bert

That's a fair point, however, I am thinking of 10, 20 or 30,000 simmers downloading vs millions of windows users.  Not overly concerned.  Worst case it takes and extra day to get it.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If people want to pre-order with no discernible benefit, power to them. Personally, despite the temptation, I'll wait to see what the reports are after the initially storm.

David Porrett

3 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

UTC (International)?

UTC +1 (UK British Summer TIme)?

UTC +2 (France - Asobo HQ)?

UTC -7 (Redmond, Washington - MS HQ)?

The possibilities are endless! Just something else which forum members can ask in multiple threads until launch. More headaches for the mods.😉

Or could be based on the customer's local time zone to help distribute the load on servers. I suggest you set the time on your PC to 11:00pm Aug 17 and see if you can start the download now! 😁

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I can't imagine anyone in this forum  is thinking about "trying first," to see if they like what they see.. it's unimaginable! That would be like someone bringing you a Rolls Royce  and ask you if you want to try it first before you buy it..Even though you've never had one- or have had a-10-year-ago model-, you know, that you will now be getting a much , much better one.

1 hour ago, joemiller said:

I can't imagine anyone in this forum  is thinking about "trying first," to see if they like what they see

"Three year old Rolls Royce, $2,000 firm.  Minor flame damage."

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

There is just one thing, to which I have not found an ansver. Do I need Microsoft Account to use MSFS 2020 ? I have it, but I don´t like to use it and especially I don´t want bill gates and Microsoft to spy on me, where I´m flying and what I´m doing on my PC. There will be boxed version at some point and I´m going in that, if I Don´t need to have an Microsoft Account or X-Box gamepass to use it

41 minutes ago, LosGenero said:

There is just one thing, to which I have not found an ansver. Do I need Microsoft Account to use MSFS 2020 ? I have it, but I don´t like to use it and especially I don´t want bill gates and Microsoft to spy on me, where I´m flying and what I´m doing on my PC. There will be boxed version at some point and I´m going in that, if I Don´t need to have an Microsoft Account or X-Box gamepass to use it

Simple answer, if I may.. Yes, a Microsoft account is needed for MSFS. Bill Gates has not been involved in the running of Microsoft since 2014, & Im sure that he is not interested in what game flying you do at all. You ARE using Windows 10, are you not? Microsoft sends updates to you? they know you well by now. If you use Google, Apple, gps, etc, your internet footprint is out there. no need to be paranoid.

Yes, Aerosoft will be doing boxed versions, also available to pre-order, on 10 DVD's, for Europe market only at this stage, that will also go on-line to the store to verify the license & to do updates, as soon as it is installed., 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

2 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Simple answer, if I may.. Yes, a Microsoft account is needed for MSFS. Bill Gates has not been involved in the running of Microsoft since 2014, & Im sure that he is not interested in what game flying you do at all. You ARE using Windows 10, are you not? Microsoft sends updates to you? they know you well by now. If you use Google, Apple, gps, etc, your internet footprint is out there. no need to be paranoid.

Yes, Aerosoft will be doing boxed versions, also available to pre-order, on 10 DVD's, for Europe market only at this stage, that will also go on-line to the store to verify the license & to do updates, as soon as it is installed., 

I´m not paranoid, and i know what Windows 10 does. And Microsoft fans no need to get upset from bit a humor.

19 minutes ago, LosGenero said:

I´m not paranoid, and i know what Windows 10 does. And Microsoft fans no need to get upset from bit a humor.

OK. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...