Sign in to follow this  
BerndB

MS/ASOBO pls put some attention on the clouds visuals

I think I've identified the problem with these clouds (and other quibbles with graphical details and frame rates): MSFS hasn't been developed for the NEXT next generation of hardware, almost indistinguishable from reality.

Edited by March Hare
  • Like 1

Oh my godness, right now i know what Robert Oppenheimer felt, when he saw the detonation of the atomic bomb the very first time...😔 

• Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

To me the clouds are second to none. The volcanic ash look of CB clouds in certain lighting could use some work, other times they look perfect. I’d also like to see the really wispy “mares’ tails” type of cirrus clouds depicted at some point. Not a deal breaker by a long stretch. 

• Like 2

Chris

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Just thought it was a bit ironic when I looked out of the window - it's an absolutely beautiful scorcher of a day here in the UK today.

Take a picture quick Alan before the British summer sets in! 😉 Its blinkin' hot here in south west Germany as well. Phew!

3 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

To me the clouds are second to none. The volcanic ash look of CB clouds in certain lighting could use some work, other times they look perfect. I’d also like to see the really wispy “mares’ tails” type of cirrus clouds depicted at some point. Not a deal breaker by a long stretch.

Based on the previews I have seen of MSFS, certainly the most realistic, yet default set of clouds without having to purchase an add-on package.

Edited by aldridgem
Hit the enter key too quickly!

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Since it appears to be the correct time to pointlessly argue about stuff, I'm going to disagree and say the clouds are 97.04% great. 🤣

Is this one of those "highest bidder without going over" games? lol

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

12 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Oh my godness, right now i know what Robert Oppenheimer felt, when he saw the detonation of the atomic bomb the very first time.

Well, you started it 🙂

• Like 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

The clouds in MSFS look amazing to me and are hands down the best in any flight simulator currently available!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

1 hour ago, jlund said:

If you're not a pilot, how on earth can you say what it's supposed to look like?

Passengers see clouds too, you know.  :senang:

There's no doubt that the clouds are a huge improvement over FSX, but there is still considerable room for improvement. All the clouds I've seen in screenshots and videos have been variations on a theme by cumulus. What about other cloud types? I don't think I've seen a single cirrus cloud, for example.

• Like 1

Skip to take off, am not going to say anything more.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Skip to take off, am not going to say anything more.

What? The bit where it isn't even past the end of the runway at about 200 feet AGL with the gear still down, but  ATC says: 'you are leaving my airspace, freq change approved'. That bit? 🤣

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

What? The bit where it isn't even past the end of the runway at about 200 feet AGL with the gear still down, but  ATC says: 'you are leaving my airspace, freq change approved'. That bit? 🤣

Chock, that's nothing.

ATC communication completely unrealistic. There is no such "push back accepted......."

Preflight on the -8 total inexistent, overhead panel, MCP panel the whole setup is a joke .

Before starting the engines he's requesting taxi, it doesn't work like that.

Reverser positions during start up for 1 & 4 are stowed but for 2 & 3 are in idle detent position.

OAT is +18C and he turned NAI and WAI on

Is taxing out and t.o. with flaps 5.

RTO is off.

Is flying VFR over FL180 

I don't know what is going on here, how is that possible for a video like this to make the news. It's not that enough that this guy doesn't know what is he doing, there are so many flaws related to the MSFS2020 ATC and aircraft performance in this particular case.

What happened here?

I dearly hope that this video was not approved by the Asobo, I'm shocked what I witnessed and really worried by now.

Edited by killthespam

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

27 minutes ago, killthespam said:

Chock, that's nothing.

ATC communication completely unrealistic. There is no such "push back accepted......."

Preflight on the -8 total inexistent, overhead panel, MCP panel the whole setup is a joke .

Reverser positions during start up for 1 & 4 are stowed but for 2 & 3 are in idle detent position.

RTO is off.

Is flying VFR over FL180 

I don't know what is going on here, how is that possible for a video like this to make the news. It's not that enough that this guy doesn't know what is he doing, there are so many flaws related to the MSFS2020 ATC and aircraft performance in this particular case.

What happened here?

I dearly hope that this video was not approved by the Asobo, I'm shocked what I witnessed and really worried by now.

You're panicking over a user created video. Get a hold of yourself. 

• Like 3

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

31 minutes ago, killthespam said:

Chock, that's nothing.

RTO is off.

Is flying VFR over FL180 

What happened here?

To be fair, some of this I can kind of accept even though it's not very realistic. I frequently am the person crews chat to during the pushback when at work, so I know it's not realistic to have ATC chat doing a pushback, but I would say it's a reasonably okay compromise to put it on an ATC menu and I wouldn't mind betting that it will be patched to change to a more realistic procedure. After all, you're not really talking to a real ATC person, so I don't think it would be too hard to change what is said to something such as 'ground to flight' etc, as per the real thing. All it really needs is a couple of voice overs recording and a quick re-type of a couple of options on the ATC menu and it is then fairly close to the real deal in most respects.

Similarly, I don't think anyone really expects a default B747-800 in a sim which costs 60 quid in total to be rivaling a payware one where you can go through tons of checklists etc. That PMDG 747-800 costs a small fortune since you have to have the 400 as a base package and even the iFly one which they threw in for free in an update to their 400, is still part of a package which costs the same as the price of the Standard version of this new sim, which admittedly makes that iFly good value, but it also means there is a limited amount of development time Asobo could throw at their 747 and still make the thing financially viable when we know how much you have to sell such an add-on for to make it profitable, and that 800 in the iFly is only really a cosmetic change to the 400 anyway.

The rest of it was someone who may or may not know the real way to do things, and possibly just was faffing about a bit. He did after all put the strobes on when he crossed a runway when taxying, and so I assume he at least knows a bit about flying stuff.

We do also have to keep in mind that it is a beta (I know people keep saying this and they can't miraculously fix everything in the space of less than three weeks, but it is still true and we don't know what fixes they do have already done which have not been shoved into the betas yet), so for example, the ATC stuff might change before release, since it is a pretty easy fix. So whilst I'd prefer not to see silly mistakes or silly unrealistic features, I don't think I've seen any real showstoppers.

I just thought it was funny that the plane was being handed off when, if that was real life, it probably would have been still showing up on the surface radar scope in the tower, so it was worth a bit of a sarky comment. You know me; never pass up the opportunity to make a joke about stuff. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

35 minutes ago, killthespam said:

ATC communication completely unrealistic....

Do you wear 3 or 4 bars when you sim? I’m guessing 4 😂

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Chris

Chock, I understand what you saying up to a certain point.

As a real pilot, I'm worried when I see what I have been seeing as to who is testing this stuff. It looks like a very small percentage are real pilots.
I know that is not a PMDG airplane but we are talking about somebody who doesn't have any knowledge about the airplane, is making big mistakes and it doesn't do any justice to the product. 
I know it's not real ATC, but they couldn't get the right basic phraseology.
Anyhow, I fully understand your point but I'm worried about what I start to see daily.
Anyhow, where do you push back? 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090