Sign in to follow this  
antonvs

Downloading, gone to the dogs

With the number of pre-purchasers hitting the servers at the same time, I'm sure they are somewhat choked up at this point. As I said before, be patient. If you don't get for another day, nothing is lost and perhaps they will have corrected the disk problem.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Yeah, I think I'll just sit this one out for a month or two lol

Maybe this is what happens when FS breaks out of being a niche product.  

• Like 1

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Update 09:30 local east AU. For the last hour I have had steady progress. Only 15Gb to go. Patience pays off

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Knew I should have got those CD's from Aerosoft... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Found an interesting solution trying to download here in Melbourne, just signed up for one of the mainstream VPN services and connected to their US endpoint, all of a sudden I started getting 300Mbps+ and it just finished 😄 
It seems the servers in Australia / Asia-Pacific are the problematic ones. 

1 hour ago, Alcides Segovia said:

Meanwhile everyone here at the US. 

giphy.gif

LMFAO!!!

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp

Try this:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015761760-Slow-download-speed

It worked for me

3 hours ago, antonvs said:

Thanks, but that would mean aborting and starting again. Who knows what trouble that may cause. At least it is still progressing.

I’m assuming it is the download traffic is increasing.

Nah, restarting won't break your download, it will just resume from where you stopped. I did it a few times before I found the solution above.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FlyingRoo said:

Found an interesting solution trying to download here in Melbourne, just signed up for one of the mainstream VPN services and connected to their US endpoint, all of a sudden I started getting 300Mbps+ and it just finished 😄 
It seems the servers in Australia / Asia-Pacific are the problematic ones. 

I'm jealous. I'm at 90GB now so I guess I will hang in there seeing as I am close.

Disappointing though.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

I’m now at 90Gb also, so close now. So I will be off now to start Zulu testing.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

I have a gigabit line to my house and DESKTOP1 (FS PC) has a cap of 700mbit/s. Downloaded at full allocated bandwidth. All done in about 40 minutes. Decompression could also play a role depending on hardware.

Edited by Evros

Stuck in that dreaded 30GB to go mile... so slow.  I'm in Australia...  Looks like I'm playing Zelda on the Switch to pass the time.

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

7 hours ago, UAL4life said:

What happened to “this is Microsoft, they have the bandwidth for this”. Lol aged like milk. I’ll be in the major wave tonight with everyone else at midnight. 🙂

End users network matters as well. I have gigabit, and it downloaded in 2.5 hours today morning. (I am on wireless and a floor above where router is so speeds aren't full gigabit) 

Edited by Cryzin

3 hours ago, antonvs said:

I’m now at 90Gb also, so close now. So I will be off now to start Zulu testing.

What see your thoughts on it?