Sign in to follow this  
FlyingInACessna

Live Weather Inaccurate / not working

They should have / need to do a deal with Foreflight/Boeing for their data. Would be a homerun to get ADSB, weather, pirepts, etc. etc.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Blue Meteo is always one hour behind local time at the user's location.This seems like an opening for 3rd party weather add-ons. Why on earth would I want "live weather" that's an hour old? 

Oh, boy, I'm gonna get flacked for this - but here goes (what's life without a few bullet-holes?!)

Sorry, but where do you get this information? Do you have a link to this claim?

If MeteoBlue is "1 hour behind" (one of the world's leading weather providers, I might add) how come I can find live weather data on their website ? There's even forecast models etc... Besides, that's not what they said in the Weather Development videos. It may may not be working as intended at the moment - which is a shame - but I'm fairly certain that they will be fixing it.

-----------------------------

Just think of what we got. It's an absolutely beautiful simulation of the entire Earth - as it looks. With beautiful lighting and atmospherics. Come on - the sim has been out for less than 48 hours and people in here are already lowering themselves to phrases like 'pathetic', moronic, shameful etc and are finding every bad and nickname for the developers you can come up with. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

🙂

Thats exactly what I was afraid of pre release. I dont want dozens of addons to make this work good/correct. 

So now again Activesky, REX, Fsuipc.... is this the norm of flight sims now ?

Core features should be working perfectly with no addons period. 

I will say let wait and see how Asobo will fix and update this sim. Honestly its not even 3 days since release... i still trust them. A bit skeptical though....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Roi Ben

As for live weather: Most if the time, it doesn't work for me.

- In Europa/Asia I get weather data when selecting the airport, most of the time clear sky, no clouds (which doesn't match METAR). Some winds/turbulence are there.
- on a very few occasions I got live weather correctly (maybe 10% of all flights)
- in the US, I do not even get any info at flight planning stage.

I'm not sure if it is because their Azure-Services are simply overloaded (like the ATC voice) or something else.

Edited by Nik_LSZH

Is there anything working correctly in this sim? Why on earth have they published this buggy piece of software?

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

So now again Activesky, REX, Fsuipc.... is this the norm of flight sims now ?.

It always has been *meme*

21 minutes ago, beep747 said:

Is there anything working correctly in this sim? Why on earth have they published this buggy piece of software?

Would you please stop now? There's a lot of things which are working in the sim! I've been having a blast in the sim, and it's super immerseful. Yes, there's some bugs and things which isn't working at the moment, but please just stop being so melodramatic. 

To make is sound like the developers doesn't know what they're doing and to allude, that the sim is totally broken and unusable is extreme exaggeration.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

🙂

Using Live weather when I first load a flight weather is working, when I exit the flight and plan another weather is not working - need to restart the sim for weather to work. This is for the US.

If departure airport shows winds on the planning map weather is working.

• Like 2

Yes, after having written at another thread that I thought it was now much better, I tried at a few airfields, after selection based on METAR  and found all sorts of inconsistencies.

Sometimes I also believe the wind vectors depicted in the G1000 might be bugged. I really don't know... Let's wait for a fix. We don't know exactly how the weather engine is merging whatever data being fed from meteoblue with METAR.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

38 minutes ago, beep747 said:

Be careful you need to bend the knee to Asobo or be ostracized from the community.

• Like 1

Sean Green

24 minutes ago, Mark_A said:

Using Live weather when I first load a flight weather is working, when I exit the flight and plan another weather is not working - need to restart the sim for weather to work. This is for the US.

If departure airport shows winds on the planning map weather is working.

No worries its not just US. Same exact thing in Europe.

Roi Ben

23 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Yes, after having written at another thread that I thought it was now much better, I tried at a few airfields, after selection based on METAR  and found all sorts of inconsistencies.

Sometimes I also believe the wind vectors depicted in the G1000 might be bugged. I really don't know... Let's wait for a fix. We don't know exactly how the weather engine is merging whatever data is being fed from meteoblue with METAR.

I was worried about how METARs and satellite data will play along. There is a real challenge here. While satellite can feed exact clouds, rain, wind aloft and more, METAR is done many times by a person looking up to the sky and determine what's the clouds formation and visibility are. So there can be inconsistent between the satellite data and METAR done by a person and airport equipment.

As much as we love Activesky think about all the downsides it had with providing weather outside of METAR coverage areas... with this now we get almost accurate clouds everywhere (when it works). 

Roi Ben

Actually I've stopped using MSFS until this is fixed because it's totally unacceptable to have such a crappy weather engine. The weather was probably the main reason I've bought MSFS on release day because I was stunned about how they advertised it, but I cannot even imagine something like that.

Furthermore I'm surprised that this huge bug is noticed by only few users. I suppose the majority of virtual pilots don't read Metars when they fly ... 

8 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I was worried about how METARs and satellite data will play along. There is a real challenge here. While satellite can feed exact clouds, rain, wind aloft and more, METAR is done many times by a person looking up to the sky and determine what's the clouds formation and visibility are. So there can be inconsistent between the satellite data and METAR done by a person and airport equipment.

As much as we love Activesky think about all the downsides it had with providing weather outside of METAR coverage areas... with this now we get almost accurate clouds everywhere (when it works). 

Merging model ( forecast ) data with rw observation will always be challenging. 

METAR cover around 8km in turn of the reference point of the aerodrome, so, really a short distance compared to the forecasts provided by weather models like those used by Meteoblue. Local phenomena can easily play their tricks, and a perfect merge is complex, but I believe ASOBO / Meteoblue can work together to fine tune it.

At least at the airfield the displayed data and physical parameters should really be coherent with the active METAR.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

it seems to work very well here. i get fantastic weather and its right on the dot.