Sign in to follow this  
Gilandred

New Aircraft M20R Released

Well I hope you all have fun with this here aeroplane.  I just spent an hour trying to buy it from within the Marketplace option in the sim and all I get is "Order Pending", no messages in my XBox account or outlook account or anything,. and outlook account support is stumped so far.

Or so they say.  Sounds to me like the ol' lady got to them first.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

31 minutes ago, Chock said:

@rse

I think you can say word not allowed but you can't say word not allowed

EDIT: Wow! The Yanks have got up to date!

Edited by Ron Attwood
  • Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

OK,  my second attempt: fuel flow indicator and mixture puzzled me. I started at airport elevation 2000 ft . With full mixture I got 8gph with mixture slightly lean to adjust for elevation. As I climbed through 7000 ft gph increased to 13 gph!  Basically in Carenado world everything in reverse leaning actually increase you gph instead of reducing it! So flying  leaning 50F "lean of peak" as M20R POH suggest you burn more fuel in Carenado world! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Well I hope you all have fun with this here aeroplane.  I just spent an hour trying to buy it from within the Marketplace option in the sim and all I get is "Order Pending", no messages in my XBox account or outlook account or anything,. and outlook account support is stumped so far.

Or so they say.  Sounds to me like the ol' lady got to them first.

Did you purchase the sim through Steam?

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

28 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I think you can say word not allowed but you can't say word not allowed

That's a particular word which was good enough for Shakespeare. Specifically, Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet. On the subject of which...

Shakespeare goes into a pub, and the landlord immediately points at the door and yells at him: 'get out, you bard.' 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Gilandred said:

Did you purchase the sim through Steam?

Yessir.  Pointed that out to the support folks too.  I'm logged in with my XBox gamertag as well in the sim. 

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

2 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Yessir.  Pointed that out to the support folks too.  I'm logged in with my XBox gamertag as well in the sim. 

I had the same issue.  To fix it, I had to set up a payment method within my steam account, and make sure steam overlay is enabled in steam settings.  Do that and then restart sim and try your purchase again.  This worked for me.

Edited by Gilandred
  • Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

6 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

OK,  my second attempt: fuel flow indicator and mixture puzzled me. I started at airport elevation 2000 ft . With full mixture I got 8gph with mixture slightly lean to adjust for elevation. As I climbed through 7000 ft gph increased to 13 gph!  Basically in Carenado world everything in reverse leaning actually increase you gph instead of reducing it! So flying  leaning 50F "lean of peak" as M20R POH suggest you burn more fuel in Carenado world! 

Managed to get it down to 7.3 at around 10,000 feet with a bit of tweaking of the prop, mixture and throttle. But yes, it did seem to be somewhat reversed in behaviour.

Hopefully this will be sorted out because although we don't theoretically have to pay for fuel in the sim, we do in Air Hauler and I like to stretch the range by swapping fuel for cargo in Air Hauler!

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The GNS530 has all kinds of issues, that is just one of them..  (Asobo GNS530)

But the autopilot (Carenado?) has problems as well.. on my system it zigzags when attempting to follow a GPS course,  plus/minus 10 degrees from the desired track.

(115/135 when DTK is 125)  ☹️

Carenado autopilot 

ZigZag McCrack

9hbzDzduXei4Qxwyt9j_srpder1GlUhBuBY5c5Yi

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gilandred said:

I had the same issue.  To fix it, I had to set up a payment method within my steam account, and make sure steam overlay is enabled in steam settings.  Do that and then restart sim and try your purchase again.  This worked for me.

Thanks Amigo!  Will give that a shot!

"That's what" - She

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Managed to get it down to 7.3 at around 10,000 feet with a bit of tweaking of the prop, mixture and throttle. But yes, it did seem to be somewhat reversed in behaviour.

Yes at least two outstanding issues mixture vs gps logic and autopilot

Just now, sd_flyer said:

Carenado autopilot 

ZigZag McCrack

9hbzDzduXei4Qxwyt9j_srpder1GlUhBuBY5c5Yi

Sigh.....I guess they figured they are saving you fuel money down low with the reversed fuel calcs, you can zig zag at the same price of going in a straight line. 🤣

That zig zag I believe is also in the 182 (I thing I saw Bert mention it)...and they reason I don't own it...and now it seems I won't own the Mooney either.  They are not getting my "Mooney" until they fix their Mooney. 🙂 , or reduce the price to $1.87

This is so frustrating that they are the only pony in the race right now.....If A2A could enter the race now...their only concern is that their bank would freeze their account because so many payment transactions would be coming in that they'd think is a DOS attack on their servers. 😲

Thanks for taking a bullet for the rest of us who can now wait to see how good their customer support is.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I lost my avionics almost immediately after loading up the Mooney.  I fiddled with cycling the Avionics switch and gave up and read most of the posts here.  I saw where one soul thought an updated graphics driver might fix the black faces but, no that did not do.  

I am a bit disappointed in the night lighting of the instruments also.  It all seems a bit hit and miss for now.  Maybe something good will happen with a patch to get it flying.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

37 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

That did the trick - thanks so much for taking an interest and helping out - I owe ya!

She's a beaut, even if that elevator trim is a bit sensitive. Going to be a hoot doing some pattern work with her and getting familiar with her!

xmZvsJF.jpg

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

1 minute ago, Stoopy said:

That did the trick - thanks so much for taking an interest and helping out - I owe ya!

She's a beaut, even if that elevator trim is a bit sensitive. Going to be a hoot doing some pattern work with her and getting familiar with her!

You’re welcome.  It certainly wasn’t intuitive and took me a while to get it sorted.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Gary