Sign in to follow this  
Gilandred

New Aircraft M20R Released

1 minute ago, Sphynnx said:

did it happen before the latest patch, too ? 

for me no, not once, but since the update, it's been most flights when it's happened.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Just now, Moria15 said:

Agreed, also had it on multiple A/c since the latest update...

on the 172 with 1000 you can catch it and fix it by switching the avionics off then on again and restarting the garmin and re-engaging the AP, however when it dies in the M20  there is no way to get it back.

If you have the cockpit volume up you can hear a click just before it goes out..  also I have noticed on the 172 and the M20 that just before it goes out the amps flicks to 0 or negative.

Graham

Exactly. This is actually the first aircraft I couldn't get it restarted by switching the avionics off an on again.   This is literally a game breaking bug in every essence.. I'm seriously over even loading up the sim.. This is about the 8th time, in 5 aircraft I've had this happen now and I'm over it...  

Who the heck is on Asobos quality control team? Because every single one of them should be fired..

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

29 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Agreed, also had it on multiple A/c since the latest update...

on the 172 with 1000 you can catch it and fix it by switching the avionics off then on again and restarting the garmin and re-engaging the AP, however when it dies in the M20  there is no way to get it back.

If you have the cockpit volume up you can hear a click just before it goes out..  also I have noticed on the 172 and the M20 that just before it goes out the amps flicks to 0 or negative.

Graham

I just had this happen about an hour ago.  The MFD in the 172 just shut down for no reason but I was able was able to restart it.  Well as it's not a Carenado-specific issue, that just made my decision to grab the M20.  

2 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I love the old HSI, ADF and DME head

Ooh DME ?? 

That’s worth the entry fee alone, I’ve not seen a DME in weeks 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

That default GNS530 in Mooney. I can select an approach but when I press activate nothing happens. Even if I choose "load" instead, it doesn't load approach as well. Anyone have similar issues?

The GNS530 has all kinds of issues, that is just one of them..  (Asobo GNS530)

But the autopilot (Carenado?) has problems as well.. on my system it zigzags when attempting to follow a GPS course,  plus/minus 10 degrees from the desired track.

(115/135 when DTK is 125)  ☹️

• Like 2

Bert

17 minutes ago, jon b said:

Ooh DME ?? 

That’s worth the entry fee alone, I’ve not seen a DME in weeks 😄

LOL. You sound like a soul mate. 😄

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

16 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The GNS530 has all kinds of issues, that is just one of them..  (Asobo GNS530)

But the autopilot (Carenado?) has problems as well.. on my system it zigzags when attempting to follow a GPS course,  plus/minus 10 degrees from the desired track.

(115/135 when DTK is 125)  ☹️

Bert, we were supposed to wait...😉

Just now, airlinejets said:

Bert, we were supposed to wait...😉

I know... my bad.. 🤔

Bert

2 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Any hardcore GA aircraft for sale as yet?

I would like to know what GA aircraft I can practice with right now that is working. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

3 hours ago, styckx said:

And.. THAT OLD SCHOOL LIVERY is the best!

9toMbq4.jpg

BAHH!!!!!! Curses!!!  I have to buy it now!

Wonder if it comes with a repaint template....

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

If you are an IFR Pilot you may want this for this aircraft

https://ibb.co/Qrc2Y5Y

This is what is known as Gaits of an aircraft. Every aircraft has this called Gaits. It flies by numbers using this power equation. This image I provided should work for this Moony R200R. It does for the R20J

Try it....once you memorize it. IFR approach and flight should come easy without fighting the trim wheel and getting confused. Provided Carenado has done it properly. This is a good check. I hated the Caranado 182 release.. but I just bought this one. I am going to check out the gait for this aircraft to see how good a job Carendo has simulated it.

Attitude + Power = Performance (A+P=P).

This power equation is the mantra..and you can figure out this gait for every single aircraft and would be a life saver and could have saved so many crashes when the avionics fail

Its explained here in detail if you need the details its here..https://rodmachado.com/blogs/learning-to-fly/the-flying-equation-the-basics-of-attitude-flying#:~:text=Attitude %2B Power %3D Performance (A%2BP%3DP).&text=This is the equation I,Every one!&text=Turning base%2C reducing power to,ll achieve during the descent.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

40 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Any hardcore GA aircraft for sale as yet?

No, the Carenado airplanes are the only ones out the gate and they use Asobo avionics.

Hand flying is fine.. IFR.. not so much.

• Upvote 1

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hand flying is fine.. IFR.. not so much.

Sage

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

It's nice but the Avionics shutdown bug and the lack of control sensitivity adjustments which arrived with the recent patch are not helping. And since this is affecting stuff sold in the store, I would caution Asobo to not wait a week or two to address this issue, but hotfix it as a matter of pressing urgency. Selling additional DLC stuff which doesn't work as advertised, then sitting on your @rse not doing anything about it, is not great for your image.

Nevertheless, it is a pretty thing, sounds okay, flies nice and has good clear avionics from the default pilot view (the main ones stay on - since they are custom Carenado ones - it's only really the GPS and radio stack which goes, so it's definitely a sim bug), but you can still fly it via the six pack and digital gauges.

rDHQ3MA.png

Flight model is pleasant and in normal maneuvers it is reasonably convincing, although I was able to really abuse the thing and could barely get it to do any kind of vicious stall or spin when I should think the real thing would have been a smoking hole from the altitude I was doing that at, and I suspect rolling it repeatedly at 110 knots at low level would be fatal in a real one, whereas I was able to pull that off easily. Also it says the aeroplane was 'overstressed' and ends the flight when you open the DV panel in the air at speed, which is a bit silly since that is actually the purpose of a DV panel.

31imhNq.png

On the whole I'd say if you want an alternative to the Bonanza which has steam gauges and some digital gauges too, plus a usable GPS (at least when that bug is sorted) then it is probably worth having. Personally, when Air Hauler gets compatible with MSFS (not too far off apparently), this will be a useful aeroplane to have in your hangar, and that is partially what motivated the purchase of it.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here