Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Patch 1.9.3.0

Just now, pjs37 said:

Can it be forced from the GPU settings?  If so its less of an issue for me

I would assume so but who knows without trying  - Ill try tonight 

Rich Sennett

8 minutes ago, Armchair Pilot said:

nowhere do they state that it is fully photogrammetry. DEM updates across the islands see more accurate elevation data and graphical tweaks with architecture to scenery in the area is what i picked up from reading patch notes.

Ohh OK my bad i guess.

Roi Ben

1 minute ago, Richard Sennett said:

Rex is not working correctly now when you start it

I read tons of positive feedbacks about Rex, I suggest you to get in touch with Rex support and read their forum, you will find the fix.

Meanwhile Pilot to ATC is fixing Asobo mess and modders ( they are Gods ! ) are fixing planes.

• Like 1

So did this add tropical colored waters where applicable in the Ocean world notes?

Can anyone confirm???

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris Camp

1 minute ago, espent said:

There is definitely still some AA. Maybe it is not as good as in 1.8.3

AA off:

193-aa-off.png

AA TAA:

193-aa-taa.png

That is serious - man oh man

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

11 minutes ago, Armchair Pilot said:

nowhere do they state that it is fully photogrammetry. DEM updates across the islands see more accurate elevation data and graphical tweaks with architecture to scenery in the area is what i picked up from reading patch notes.

I remember this

World Update I: The Japan world update features an upgraded digital elevation map across the entire country, high-resolution 3D photogrammetry for six prominent Japanese cities:

Sendai

Takamatsu

Tokushima

Tokyo

Utsunomiya 

Yokohama 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

Just now, Mark VII said:

I read tons of positive feedbacks about Rex, I suggest you to get in touch with Rex support and read their forum, you will find the fix.

Meanwhile Pilot to ATC is fixing Asobo mess and modders ( they are Gods ! ) are fixing planes.

Ill reinstall it then - its hosed

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Richard Sennett said:

That is serious - man oh man

😂😂😂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

By the way how is the Anti Aliasing? There are some reports in the official forum that somewhat now is broke (don't quote me, just saw few comments in the discussion thread in the official forums)

Yes, I'm one of the people who has been reporting that in one of the official issues threads, which is getting quite a few votes. TAA implementation has definitely been degraded, whether intentionally or not. I can bring anti-aliaising closer to what it was by overriding the application's AA and applying 8x FXAA in NVIDIA control panel. Setting MFAA via the control panel does a good job of eliminating jagged edges round the cockpit control panel and making the red digits in the Cessna 152 clearer again, but it introduces an unwelcome smearing effect on scenery when looking out of the window.

But I was also hoping this patch might sneak in a fix for TAA to get it back to the previous standard. It's currently downloading...

• Like 3

At rest after a short flight from Shizuoka to Tokyo. I've no idea exactly how good Japan looks yet because this with live weather and time so it was dark! But for the first 15 minutes or so there was a huge electrical storm that kept lighting up Mount Fuji, it's one of the most epic experiences i've had in this sim yet.

1440x900.png?1601398468

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Was the LOD reduced? It’s atrocious at about 3000ft and above... 

Maybe, remember they are dumbing down the game with every new update they release 😏

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What I see from the patch list is that they DO listen to the community quite attentively. 

What I would like to see though is the community managers being more proactive in their communication, so that we don't have to guess whether the developers actually are paying attention to the raised issues. And definately hotfixes. A bug like the avionics bug and the engine shut-down on the Airbus should not have been left unattented for two weeks. If the problem is isolated a fix should be released within the hour of it being fixed on their end. The infrastructure of the windows update system should allow for that.

And if I had to complain it would be about the fact that EDDS Stuttgart is still not added. I mean Malaga is now, and I realized that it is much more important for spanish airtraffic than Stuttgart is for german air traffic, but nontheless it is in 6th place among german airports when it comes to passengers. You cannot simply ommit a major airport like this.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I remember this

World Update I: The Japan world update features an upgraded digital elevation map across the entire country, high-resolution 3D photogrammetry for six prominent Japanese cities:

Sendai

Takamatsu

Tokushima

Tokyo

Utsunomiya 

Yokohama 

I'm just going over their official patch notes chief. I even checked their source of scenery data (BING maps) and the cities are not in 3D yet or have any grammetry data to feed the sim. in time you may see it come to fruition.

Lightning now works in Live Weather mode!

8 minutes ago, Mark VII said:

Rex already fixed the wx,

They didn't fix it, they replaced it with something that is arguably worse because the whole world gets that weather, you can't see far off stormfronts, and if you're over an area that isn't range of the METAR the weather will be completely wrong.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 5