Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Carenado Waco

On 12/15/2020 at 2:24 PM, Cmcollazo71 said:

Actually, on the other hand, I’m disappointed that A2A is starting with the Aerostar 600 (vanity project) instead of updating the 182 which I miss the most....

Why do you call the A2A Aerostar 600 a "vanity project"? As far as I am aware, A2A have modelled planes in the past that Scott Gentile actually owns and flies (the Comanche 250 being a prime example).

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Why do you call the A2A Aerostar 600 a "vanity project"?

Straight of the front page at A2A:

The Accu-Sim Aerostar is also different in that it’s being designed largely for the purpose of training. A2A owner and developer Scott Gentile owns and operates Aerostar N122PC and wants his airplane “Accu-Simmed” for the specific purpose of becoming the safest pilot he can be.”

Right, after explaining away the customers request for port overs.

So,  not what customers want, but what the boss wants. I’d say that at least a tad vain...

Soooo, when are we going to see this Waco! A radial bi plane will be great fun, if it is any good. I enjoy the Mooney much more than I thought I ever would enjoy a Carenado airplane.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Soooo, when are we going to see this Waco! A radial bi plane will be great fun, if it is any good. I enjoy the Mooney much more than I thought I ever would enjoy a Carenado airplane.

Me too! 

I can imagine the Waco would be a lot of fun especially in VR. 

I had the same aircraft for FSX and it was a joy to fly there as well.

• Like 2

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Imagine two airshows near each other the same day. One has warbirds booming and zooming around golden age oldies. The other one has some Aerostars and maybe Moonies in the sky. I know which one I'm going to. And which ones I'm waiting on for MSFS.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

10 hours ago, jpe828 said:

Ah well, this sim has certainly taught us patience!

Not really tho, everything is going MUCH faster than any other sim launch.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Not really tho, everything is going MUCH faster than any other sim launch.

I suppose... I have enjoyed it alright, but it has tested my patience in other ways (CTDs, Scenery issues, odd aircraft behaviour)... but admittedly I am a man of short patience LOL.I agree, when people complain I am always saying it is in its infancy. I guess I am annoyed at the lack of a solid GA airplane for the Sim. Patiently waiting!

Just noticed that the WACO has appeared in the Marketplace.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Yep, it has been announced for the market place anyone tried it?

On 12/16/2020 at 2:12 AM, leprechaunlive said:

Surely they'll come in time. But they released 3 of them in a row, so i guess they also want to cater for the vintage guys 🙂 i think its a pretty smart move actually. 

Curious to know if it is actually modelled on a vintage 100 odd HP Kinner/Warner powered vintage one or have they modelled it on a new built Waco Classic YMF which has much more modern brakes and electronics and uses a modern Lycoming O-360 (presumably producing about 180 HP).

The photos do look radial but I believe the 21st century ones have a cosmetic cowl that disguises the 4 cylinder Lycoming.

If it is genuine vintage definitely will buy it but even if it is the modern one might get it anyway if there are no issues with it.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

@sd_flyer

Before MSFS it was the ONLY Carenado (Alabeo) product I flew... just magnificent over Maho.  Do give us your initial impressions... we are WEAK creatures 🙂

C

• Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

5 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

@sd_flyer

Before MSFS it was the ONLY Carenado (Alabeo) product I flew... just magnificent over Maho.  Do give us your initial impressions... we are WEAK creatures 🙂

C

Sounds like you will have to buy it! Visually it looks fantastic.

I may just have to step up and provide a review myself lol, that big radial really intrigues me. I do notice it is cheaper than the Seminole or Mooney... I wonder if that relates to quality.

Edited by jpe828