Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0) is now live!!!

Here is a strange on guys and I need some help . After the latest update, I find the Diamond DA62, the MFD and the PFD have swapped sides in the cockpit.. I went into the the community folder for the DA62 panel config file and noticed ;-

[VCockpit01] in texture=$AS1000_PFD_2

and in

[VCockpit02] texture=$AS1000_PFD_1

I swapped them around to read 1 and 2 respectively and then went into the official folder and did the same for the asobo DA62 which was the same as in the community folder.

These configs were saved and followed up with a reboot of MSFS. 

However, nothing has changed.  

Is anyone else noticing this and if so, would anyone have any idea on what is causing this reversal and/or how to fix it?  I have to admit I got very excited when I noticed the above in the panel config (located in the sim objects/airplanes/da62) and immediately thought that, that was the problem. Changing that does not do a thing, which I find strange in itself,

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks guys and girls.

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Asobo changed some things in the DA62 in the latest patch.

The stock liveries in the sim are showing correctly, but 3rd party liveries have been swapped.

This needs to be fixed in the 3rd party liveries in the Community folder, you shouldn't be editing the base sim files!

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Marsman,

Thanks for that, mate. I shall try that out very shortly.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

5 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Asobo changed some things in the DA62 in the latest patch.

The stock liveries in the sim are showing correctly, but 3rd party liveries have been swapped.

This needs to be fixed in the 3rd party liveries in the Community folder, you shouldn't be editing the base sim files!

Yep. Another delay to the DA62 makeover release owing to this (yet another) inexplicable change by Asobo. I do wish they would leave things alone and concentrate on proper fixes instead of messing up 3rd party stuff every single time they do an update. Swapping the references in the panel cfg swaps the gauges back to the right way round - but they don't work that way.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 4

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Marsman,

Thanks for your help Sir.  I changed the Panel.cfg back to original .... deleted the liveries folder and reinstalled from the next to last update save of the Community folder 10-12-20 (I think) the one I copied prior to the last update was the one that introduced this problem.

Thanks to your advice the problem is now resolved.

Rob,

I am still, as I am sure, are many others, waiting patiently for Asobo to sort out their problem making abilities and let you complete the DA62 make-over,  I am very sure that it will be significant when it comes and well worth the wait.

I hope your Xmas celebrations were happy, safe and complete.

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

3 hours ago, robert young said:

Yep. Another delay to the DA62 makeover release owing to this (yet another) inexplicable change by Asobo. I do wish they would leave things alone and concentrate on proper fixes instead of messing up 3rd party stuff every single time they do an update. Swapping the references in the panel cfg swaps the gauges back to the right way round - but they don't work that way.

Agree.  People are seeing problems with community liveries on multiple aircraft, mostly related to white squares where registration numbers go, so all those need to be fixed now.  And the DA40 has a bunch of new visual errors both inside and out.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

6 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Marsman,

Thanks for your help Sir.  I changed the Panel.cfg back to original .... deleted the liveries folder and reinstalled from the next to last update save of the Community folder 10-12-20 (I think) the one I copied prior to the last update was the one that introduced this problem.

Thanks to your advice the problem is now resolved.

Rob,

I am still, as I am sure, are many others, waiting patiently for Asobo to sort out their problem making abilities and let you complete the DA62 make-over,  I am very sure that it will be significant when it comes and well worth the wait.

I hope your Xmas celebrations were happy, safe and complete.

Regards to all

Tony

Thanks Tony.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

7 hours ago, robert young said:

I do wish they would leave things alone and concentrate on proper fixes instead of messing up 3rd party stuff every single time they do an update. Swapping the references in the panel cfg swaps the gauges back to the right way round - but they don't work that way.

Amen!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Another random change is engine speed no longer reads in the C152 with any mods applied.

The new C152 community mod 0.9.3b hotfix corrects this.  Engine revs show fine in mine now.  A more complete fix is due in the next few days.   

https://flightsim.to/file/2246/msfs-c152-community

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The sim is currently in bad conditions, for me the last "good" update so far is the Japan one.

It clearly doesn't look anywhere near the release, let alone the trailers.

All screenshots taken with Ultra settings @ 1440p near Salt Lake City (which should be OK considering the USA update).

1) TAA is very bad, jagged lines everywhere on the aircraft and terrain:

xtCyPw9.png (2560×1440) (imgur.com)

RIQF0oo.png (2560×1440) (imgur.com)

2) Terrain spikes bug:

75dpvPW.jpeg (2560×1440) (imgur.com)

3) Shadows flickering like crazy in the cockpit (the image doesn't flicker of course, but you get the idea looking at that jagged shadow on the windscreen pillar):

u9p56Ss.jpeg (2560×1440) (imgur.com)

4) ATC bugs: I was cleared to land but two liners passed through me and landed first (this was funny though):

9wxeaCx.png (2560×1440) (imgur.com)

pY0bgOo.jpeg (2560×1440) (imgur.com)

Will DX12 be a miracle cure?

(rhetorical question)

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

5 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

) TAA is very bad, jagged lines everywhere on the aircraft and terrain:

Not really getting this aside from the known issue of changing resolution without restarting the sim. it may be graphic card specific ?

2) Terrain spikes bug:

Yep, this is not good at all.  Hard to see how they did not notice this.

3) Shadows flickering like crazy in the cockpit (the image doesn't flicker of course, but you get the idea looking at that jagged shadow on the windscreen pillar):

Not noticed this one. 

4) ATC bugs: I was cleared to land but two liners passed through me and landed first (this was funny though):

Yep ATC needs a lot of work. It is particularly bad with multiplayer seemingly ignoring other players ATC clearances altogether, though co-ordinating multiplayer traffic with people doing Harrison Ford style landings and antics may be an impossible task anyway.

Will DX12 be a miracle cure?

(rhetorical question)

DX12 will probably make lovely cockpit global lighting, shadows and reflections for RTX people at the expense of a host of issues for people with AMD cards and  older Nvidia cards - we will see 😄

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

16 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Agree.  People are seeing problems with community liveries on multiple aircraft, mostly related to white squares where registration numbers go, so all those need to be fixed now.  And the DA40 has a bunch of new visual errors both inside and out.

White squares have been around for many updates back. Maybe all the way back to release. Don't always see them, but they've been with us for a while.

James

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Yep ATC needs a lot of work. It is particularly bad with multiplayer seemingly ignoring other players ATC clearances altogether, though co-ordinating multiplayer traffic with people doing Harrison Ford style landings and antics may be an impossible task anyway.

Are players able to hear ATC for others in multiplayer?  I didn’t think that was possible?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 hours ago, regis9 said:

Are players able to hear ATC for others in multiplayer?  I didn’t think that was possible?

No they cannot

Which is sort of the point. You at least want ATC for your multiplayer group to be shared otherwise it is a single player only feature.