Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Just Flight Piper Arrow III Preview

Appologies if these have already been posted elsewhere, but the MSFS Piper III manuals are now up on the JF site

https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000114592-manual

On the subject of avionics power I did spot this in the tutorial section (page 57)

With the engine running and the alternator charging the battery, we can now switch on the avionics. Starting at the top of the centre panel and working down, switch on the KX 170B, KX 175B, KT 76A, GPS 100 (or GNS 430/GNS 530 if installed), KN 62A and KR 85 units.

I'm reading that as suggesting you can turn the GPS on and off as necessary but it doesn't prove anything yet.

More generally it looks like a REALLY useful flight tutorial for people who, like me, haven't flown the Arrow before.

Edited by Matchstick

The good, nice manual, very well written. I am not crazy about the autopilot, however. Doesn't track glide slope on ILS, and I know this can be done manually, because I have done it many times  on other aircraft, but this is starting to lean me towards the Carenado version. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

For anyone available and interested Aus Flight Simmer is doing a live streamed preview of the Just Flight Arrow in about two hours from the time of this post.  As it is live there may even be potentially a chance to ask questions about it in the stream chat.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

For anyone available and interested Aus Flight Simmer is doing a live streamed preview of the Just Flight Arrow in about two hours from the time of this post.  As it is live there may even be potentially a chance to ask questions about it in the stream chat.

He's a good guy and have joined some of his group flights, I will be watching 👍

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

34 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

He's a good guy and have joined some of his group flights, I will be watching 👍

Stream is about due to start ,though it often takes them about 10 minutes to get it all up and running 😄

16 hours ago, Paul_Yorks said:

Nice preview here (that seems to confirm the breakers work - or some of them):

(36) MSFS JUST FLIGHT ARROW PREVIEW | VR HP REVERB G2 - YouTube

He's been waiting for an aircraft like this? It's too bad the YT doesn't know what he is doing. He has lots of enthusiasm, that's a good thing.

A lot better than the 1st one I saw.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

17 hours ago, RXP said:

But this is off topic and I don't want hijacking this discussion.

You got my permission. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

From Just Flight in the Stream

When it releases it will cost £29.99/€37.95/$43.99. Discount for current P3D/FSX owners.25% off for those who own the P3D version already. Buy the Arrow you can get the Turbo Arrow for 66% off

• Like 1

I have the Xplane version.  Hopefully they will offer a discount for that as well.  It is the same product as far as I can see, so if they do it for P3D they should also offer a discount for the Xplane version.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

15 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I have the Xplane version.  Hopefully they will offer a discount for that as well.  It is the same product as far as I can see, so if they do it for P3D they should also offer a discount for the Xplane version.

not offering one at the moment, maybe contact them and ask why not

the 66% discount on the turbo is pretty good

16 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Same here. I asked on the chat about a discount but didn’t get a reply. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Has anyone seen in the stream if the EGT gague is working ?

Just now, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

the 66% discount on the turbo is pretty good

It is!  I will be sure to get that also with that kind of discount.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.