Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Orbx Sale 40%

I had a look and have no red airports, nor did I receive an email.  I've bought a ton from them over the years.  Poor showing ORBX.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Just load central and goto discover and everything red is on sale.

This isn't the case

https://imgur.com/gallery/lUadTZb

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Those products on sale at Orbx state "This product is discounted by 50% with the Feb 2021 Volanta Members."  You have to be logged in to see it.  Seems to imply that you have to be a Volanta Member but I'm not sure that's true.

--- Jim  ---

So now ORBX is holding private sales. How nice!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

So now ORBX is holding private sales. How nice!

Guys are you sure you have an Orbxdirect dot com account not just the orbx central.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

8 hours ago, Breeze said:

Those products on sale at Orbx state "This product is discounted by 50% with the Feb 2021 Volanta Members."  You have to be logged in to see it.  Seems to imply that you have to be a Volanta Member but I'm not sure that's true.

Yeah I think ORBX may have just p#ssed off some customers. Favoritism and exclusivity is not a good idea in a commodity-type market.

• Upvote 2

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

8 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Guys are you sure you have an Orbxdirect dot com account not just the orbx central.

I do have both.  I saw Volanta mentioned above, I’ve been in the beta for a number of months pre release FWIW.

At the end of the day I’m not going to lose sleep over this but it’s not a great move by ORBX.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Speaking for my self, I was only mildly interested since I have notifications enabled and there were no notifications.  I have no real concerns about any sale except discount percentage.  I also have many, beautiful free Orbx supplied airports.  No worries here.

I'm not a Volanta member, but I wonder sometimes if it was sent to members who have not bought or used Orbx in while to entice them back.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I likely wasn't notified because Orbx figured out I only buy when their stuff is 50% off, lol. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It would indeed be an interesting concept if Orbx were in fact practicing (and publicizing!) a multi-tiered customer appreciation system.

I was a little PO'd yesterday when I initially read this...today, I just think about George Orwell's Animal Farm: "All animals are created equal...some are just more equal than others".

Business decisions have consequences as consumers ultimately decide where to spend their money in the long run.

10 hours ago, rmeier said:

It would indeed be an interesting concept if Orbx were in fact practicing (and publicizing!) a multi-tiered customer appreciation system.

I was a little PO'd yesterday when I initially read this...today, I just think about George Orwell's Animal Farm: "All animals are created equal...some are just more equal than others".

Business decisions have consequences as consumers ultimately decide where to spend their money in the long run.

I will have to agree with you on this, looking at their twitter they didn't even mention it there also. Shafting long term customers is not good.

On 2/27/2021 at 11:43 AM, FPStewy said:

I'm not a Volanta member, but I wonder sometimes if it was sent to members who have not bought or used Orbx in while to entice them back.

That would be me. Only thing I've bought is The Skypark which is showing in my account. They don't take PayPal but I caved in for The Skypark. Should have stayed with Neofly.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe