Sign in to follow this  
Manny

For people who are suffering performance Issue after Update3

17 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

cobalt,

Update 

I found some more entries for the TBM in the Community folder.  Deleted all and then reloaded MSFS.  No TBM to be found in the Content manager.

Exited MSFS and reloaded the TBM entries.

MSFS content manager has found and installed them all.

Selected default TBM and fly.  Still the Wonder Woman environment.  

If there is a way to delete these through the Content Manager which fixes the problem, then I plead with you to show me the way.

Thanks again mate

Tony

Items in Content Manager can be loaded or deleted only if they are Asobo files (all of which are located in the Official folder). Addon aircraft, stored in the Community folder, will show up in Content Manager but cannot be deleted there; you have to exit MSFS and delete them from Community directly. As for Wonder Woman, she is part of the "TBM930 Improvement" addon by Mugz, and comes with the territory. If you delete that addon, she will disappear. She looks like a nice lady -- you don't want her there? Of course, I don't know her background (e.g. whether she has passed her flight tests ...)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cobalt said:

Items in Content Manager can be loaded or deleted only if they are Asobo files (all of which are located in the Official folder). Addon aircraft, stored in the Community folder, will show up in Content Manager but cannot be deleted there; you have to exit MSFS and delete them from Community directly. As for Wonder Woman, she is part of the "TBM930 Improvement" addon by Mugz, and comes with the territory. If you delete that addon, she will disappear. She looks like a nice lady -- you don't want her there? Of course, I don't know her background (e.g. whether she has passed her flight tests ...)

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the problem we're discussing on this Thread.

• Upvote 1

Definitely something went poo-poo with this update. I now get stutters and bursts (if you can have a 'burst' of something slow) of slow frame rates (12 down to 1) for maybe a minute or so interspersed with perfectly normal (30 fps for me) whatever and wherever I fly. Nothing else material has changed on my system since the update. I've gone back and replayed several flights I recorded before the update and get the same problem with all of them. Ok to start with, maybe a minute in it slows down, gets the stutters or even freezes briefly, and then after a bit it's ok again for a while and then it starts playing up again. It's like an old brit bike that's running too rich and mis-firing. CPU running between 10-20%, GPU between 30-60% mostly.

Reported it to Zendesk, also voted up the above thread. Just have to hope it gets fixed. At the moment, it's running worse than P3D (but at least it still looks better).

I love the sim generally, but I'm beginning to dread the updates. Maybe it'll settle down a bit when they've gotten the X-Box launch out of the way.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

10 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Definitely something went poo-poo with this update. I now get stutters and bursts (if you can have a 'burst' of something slow) of slow frame rates (12 down to 1) for maybe a minute or so interspersed with perfectly normal (30 fps for me) whatever and wherever I fly. Nothing else material has changed on my system since the update. I've gone back and replayed several flights I recorded before the update and get the same problem with all of them. Ok to start with, maybe a minute in it slows down, gets the stutters or even freezes briefly, and then after a bit it's ok again for a while and then it starts playing up again. It's like an old brit bike that's running too rich and mis-firing. CPU running between 10-20%, GPU between 30-60% mostly.

Reported it to Zendesk, also voted up the above thread. Just have to hope it gets fixed. At the moment, it's running worse than P3D (but at least it still looks better).

I love the sim generally, but I'm beginning to dread the updates. Maybe it'll settle down a bit when they've gotten the X-Box launch out of the way.

That's a good point; can we get the X-Box Launch out the way - realise that that particular market is - let's be kind - "Limited" and get back to the fact it's a Sim.

8 hours ago, Millingp said:

.......CPU and GPU are not being overworked....

Selected a flight and it started with 10fps - totally unusable.

Enable developer mode and turn on the FPS counter. You might have one core maxed out and see the "limited by main thread" message.

I really hope this is fixed tomorrow. Friday night is my only night to fly pretty much and I look forward to FNO on VatSim every week. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'm commenting here out of frustration. This update has rendered my FS 2020 unusable. It went from running smooth to a slide show. I'm tired of trying all the 'work arounds'. It's even more frustrating that the game is 100% broken for me while others have experienced no problems. I wish there was an option to undo this latest update.

I guess I'm out until there's an actual fix. 

• Like 1

You'd think Asobo would roll the update back to the previous version until a fix is found. I don't know what the update fixed, if anything, but it certainly broke the sim. I was looking forward to buying the CRJ next week but now I'm not until this FPS issue is fixed.

I dealt with 15 FPS in P3D but had excellent performance with MSFS for almost 7 months now. I'm not going back to wasting hours and hours by changing a setting, then testing, then repeating 450,983,432 times and still not get a solution. 

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

You'd think Asobo would roll the update back to the previous version until a fix is found. I don't know what the update fixed, if anything, but it certainly broke the sim. I was looking forward to buying the CRJ next week but now I'm not until this FPS issue is fixed.

I dealt with 15 FPS in P3D but had excellent performance with MSFS for almost 7 months now. I'm not going back to wasting hours and hours by changing a setting, then testing, then repeating 450,983,432 times and still not get a solution. 

I started another thread on his subject tonight, and my question was, can updates be blocked, and was told they can't. I have a backup for my SSD, and if i really ran into a problem after an update, as some are, I would just use the clone of my SSD, and just erase  the new version and install from my clone. Of coarse, if the update is mandatory, the first time you try to use the rolled back version, it would make you reinstall the screwed up updated version again..  You can't win. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

Sad to say it is highly unlikely that any type of roll back will occur nor any type of hotfix.....If your performance is that bad I wouldn't bother with MSFS for the time being.   I have also suffered from a performance downgrade...not enough to make me go back to FSX but sadly I will be stuck for the time being.   

Or try flying at new places that you haven't flown before, I'm curious if anyone can reproduce the issue at a new place they've never flown before.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I posted on another thread that lowering your Terrain LOD to under 100 may fix the issue for now.  I have now done several flights and I am back to normal performance with Terrain LOD at 80.  Of course the LOD now looks worse but I am using the FS Tree Fix from the Fs Blog site and I am getting trees out to about 7-8 miles.  Not as good as before and hope MS/Asobo can fix this but at least flyable without the FPS drops and stutters.  Once I get above 100 on Terrain LOD I start having issues...my previous setting was 150 and is completely unflyable on this version. 80-100 is working OK so far.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

8 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I posted on another thread that lowering your Terrain LOD to under 100 may fix the issue for now.  I have now done several flights and I am back to normal performance with Terrain LOD at 80.  Of course the LOD now looks worse but I am using the FS Tree Fix from the Fs Blog site and I am getting trees out to about 7-8 miles.  Not as good as before and hope MS/Asobo can fix this but at least flyable without the FPS drops and stutters.  Once I get above 100 on Terrain LOD I start having issues...my previous setting was 150 and is completely unflyable on this version. 80-100 is working OK so far.

They really did some major rewrites in this version, there are strange issues in Dev mode that multiple people are having from another forum discussion. Many of us are getting invisible taxiways in our custom airports while in Dev mode, and I can no longer even run a compiled version of my airport (CTD).

So yah, widespread issues across the entire code base, both in Dev mode and outside of Dev mode. They really need to be more careful about updating certain code in this thing without thorough testing. 

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram