Sign in to follow this  
Bilbosmeggins

PA-28R Arrow III Update

5 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Worthing noting that after each flight I have to reboot PC; otherwise, live weather become clear skies forever and  altimeter is always 29.92

If you set up the flight with clear sky then activate the live weather once loaded into the airport it works every time.  I can do multiple flights without even restarting the sim and get live weather every flight without issue with this method.

Just now, The_Moose said:

If you set up the flight with clear sky then activate the live weather once loaded into the airport it works every time.  I can do multiple flights without even restarting the sim and get live weather every flight without issue with this method.

I've read about it but for some reason it doesn't work for me 😞

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, The_Moose said:

Not for me....  The gremlins of the sim I guess.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

One more with the GTN 750 in the panel.. looking not bad..

0TUwa0g.jpg

• Like 1

Bert

.... and from YOU Bert, that's really saying something...

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I find it to be as useless as the stock asobo gps without the mods...I mean for now...apparently they havent yet modified its behavior as they have with their 530/550 mod.

42 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

It may be problem with live weather. My altimeter sets to current setting ATIS setting ( I use "B" key)

Worthing noting that after each flight I have to reboot PC; otherwise, live weather become clear skies forever and  altimeter is always 29.92

But when  you hit the B key, what does the Kolsman window in your JF Arrow Altimeter read? I bet it always reads 29.92  I was taught when I got my PPL that one check you should always do is set your Altimeter at the field altitude, and then see if the kolsman windows numbers  agrees with Atis Baro reading. If it doesn't you are flying a dangerous aircraft cause you really don't know what altitude you are at.

Incidentally I restart the PC before every flight. It is a PIA but cuts down on weird stuff happening. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think it's a little unfair to criticize the developer of the GTN750 for charging for some advanced features that none of the stock Asobo Garmins have.  Especially since there is a free version, and it's the first new ground-up Garmin in the sim.  They have also done us all a great service with the awesome free GNS530/430 mod, which many people have commented favorably on.  And it's clearly labeled as a Beta at this point, without final features or pricing. 

I really appreciate JF adding the integration as the first third party aircraft maker to do so.  I think the easy-to-use touch interface is a great companion for the also easy-to-use steam gauges.  Best of both worlds. 

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

12 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

I think it's a little unfair to criticize the developer of the GTN750 for charging

You've misunderstood. If you read the thread you'll see that there's no argument about it being payware.  In fact I clearly stated that I'm willing to buy it (assuming it works well).

The criticism is only about the fact that they intend on making it a subscription service, which makes little sense considering the type of product it is. Afterall, they're not selling a data service, like Navigraph which needs updating every month. 

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

But when  you hit the B key, what does the Kolsman window in your JF Arrow Altimeter read? I bet it always reads 29.92  I was taught when I got my PPL that one check you should always do is set your Altimeter at the field altitude, and then see if the kolsman windows numbers  agrees with Atis Baro reading. If it doesn't you are flying a dangerous aircraft cause you really don't know what altitude you are at.

Incidentally I restart the PC before every flight. It is a PIA but cuts down on weird stuff happening. 

When I hit "B" altimeter get set to whatever live weather  barometric pressure is - meaning not always 29.92. As mention before if your live weather doesn't work correctly or you chose static weather  theme like clear sky, your altimeter always will show 29.92  I just flew JF Arrow after update in Florida and when I press "B" I got 29.88 while live weather fed TSRA

IRL altimeter setting should be within 75 ft of field elevation but only for IFR. However this rule applies only for sensitive altimeter . Old fashion none- sensitive altimeter like in original Cub every tick represents 200 ft so one won't be able to set correct fiend elevation in most cases 🙂

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Never had that problem, and I always fly live weather. 

21 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Never had that problem, and I always fly live weather. 

It affect some people and doesn't others. I don't know what is the deal is, but I can do only one flight with live weather. For example If I finish first flight, go back to the menu and select another flight - live weather is always changes to clear skies and altimeter  29.92

27 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

It affect some people and doesn't others. I don't know what is the deal is, but I can do only one flight with live weather. For example If I finish first flight, go back to the menu and select another flight - live weather is always changes to clear skies and altimeter  29.92

Just curious here...when you go back into main menu and then enter back into the airport selection screen, do you make sure the weather scenario is set to "clear skies" before hitting the "fly" button?

17 minutes ago, hangar said:

Just curious here...when you go back into main menu and then enter back into the airport selection screen, do you make sure the weather scenario is set to "clear skies" before hitting the "fly" button?

Loading "clear sky" first and switching to live weather after loading doesn't work for me either

Just now, sd_flyer said:

Loading "clear sky" first and switching to live weather after loading doesn't work for me either

So you mean even after entering your plane with clear skies and then choosing LW, that LW gets you zero change from the clear skies scenario which just loaded?