Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Tribute to the PMDG DC6

Let's share some special moments with the DC6 shall we?

We are a group of all sorts of people in the MSFS bushpilot discord community who love to fly together. Our new found love is of course the DC6, bugs and all 🙂

Here we are in Bella Bella in US BC. The trip was flown from Vancouver, and we had 2 VORs (H) and a terminal NDB to guide us:
Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-27-06-2021-14

And here is the linup at Vancouver:
Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-27-06-2021-12

Here we are in Kulusuk in Greenland after flying from Kangerlussuaq on the west coast. The weather as we departed was CAVOK, but we shortly came onto some bad weather with tops at FL310. We were already dead reckoning since we only had an NDB at our departure, and one more NDB at our destination. The trip was about 350 nm, and we had contact with the NDB's for about a 100 nm of that;
Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-26-06-2021-21

Here is the gorgeous approach into Kulusuk:
Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-26-06-2021-21

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 13

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Very nice!

I must confess that ever since I bought this plane I’ve not flown any other aircraft. 🙂

• Like 2

Very cool, Enjoy🙂

• Like 1

David Murden.   MSFS  • Fenix A320 • PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet •

• Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF •  Flightsim.to •

DCS • A10c II • F-16c • F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier • Terrains = • Nevada NTTR • Persian Gulf • Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON •  32GB DDR4  3200MHz • RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  • Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip •

The DC6 will be the only plane I fly from now on. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 ,  FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The PMDG DC-6 is a true masterpiece. It is a must buy. It doesn’t matter if you think it just isn’t your thing. It is. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Yes the PMDG DC-6 is a masterpiece.  I still fly my other planes though 😃

• Like 5

Nice shots ,and have fun with the PMDG DC6, well done from the Devs for our community ! 🤗

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I already had fun with the DC-6 in P3D for years. Glad to have it in MSFS now.

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

The DC-6 will be one of many great planes to come to MSFS. This is why I think MSFS will be the flight simulator of the next decade.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

48 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The DC6 will be the only plane I fly from now on. 

Ha, no it won't. Just until the next big thing™ comes along. 😋

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Ha, no it won't. Just until the next big thing™ comes along. 😋

For me, there won't be a next big thing. I flown just about everything in flight sims, and usually when I latch onto something I stay with it for years. Can't see anything replacing  the DC6, which is the first aircraft I ever flew on in real life. 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 ,  FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I’m still on the fence with this one, only because looks to be a big learning curve, and also looks like you have to have a decent window of time to perform a flight.. not sure I have the time to learn such a plane…But man she looks good, and those engines!!!! Looks like PMDG did a fantastic job yet again, they are truly a top tier developer and never disappoint with their offerings.

looks to be the perfect offering for some northern flying!

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Like 3

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

21 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I’m still on the fence with this one, only because looks to be a big learning curve, and also looks like you have to have a decent window of time to perform a flight.. not sure I have the time to learn such a plane…But man she looks good, and those engines!!!! Looks like PMDG did a fantastic job yet again, they are truly a top tier developer and never disappoint with their offerings.

looks to be the perfect offering for some northern flying!

I just watched all the Youtube tutorial videos they have , and then I did a couple of flights. With the AFE, it isn't that difficult. My average flight is about 1 hour and 20 minutes. I am on my second one this morning from Las Vegas to San Diego. 

• Like 2