Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

Fenixsim A320 CEO Feature Review: Hyd-Fuel

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

A lesser version of the Fenix A320 that has less fidelity would be the FBW A320 and it’s free.

With the on going development of the FBW A320, it may well be that both aircraft approach the same standards.  I just hope that the FBW team keep going with their project and do not abandon it in the face of the competition, at the behest of their "masters" at MSFS.

Regards

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Yes this all looks stunning but who needs that? I just want to fly from A to B and AS with their busses did the job for me very well. If operating that thing will require a 3 years Studium I will happily pass

• Like 3

Lukas Dalton

They've invested a lot of time and resources I am sure, and it seems they are looking to produce something that includes realistic systems modeling, I am good with that, for those who dont want an advanced simulation product I think the AS or FBW Airbus is the way to go, but this will definitely be a day 1 purchase for me. This can also be a training tool for type rated people (to review things we dont get to practice on the line) before going for recurrent training. 

Competition is a good thing, and let's not forget FSLabs, although we have no idea where they are in terms of FS20 development, they could also be another major player in the Airbus product line, all in all I think we have lots of choices for everyone's taste....

John

• Like 1

Wow!! Over are the days we can take the occasional shortcut in the cockpit and do things our own way, that won't go unpunished anymore....but i like it!!

Edited by Wildblue
  • Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

2 hours ago, DaWu said:

Yes this all looks stunning but who needs that? I just want to fly from A to B and AS with their busses did the job for me very well. If operating that thing will require a 3 years Studium I will happily pass

DaWu,

Many will agree with you. The really good aspect of this is the fact that all of us will end up being catered for, regardless of our requirements for a flight sim.  This is basically not very different from the other platforms.

Enjoy it the way you want to with reckless abandon and endless alacrity.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 hours ago, DaWu said:

Yes this all looks stunning but who needs that? I just want to fly from A to B.

To be fair, the Airbus A320 is very forgiving in this regard. You can probably fly it the same way you'd fly the default Asobo A32N; the only difference you'd notice is that the aircraft will actually follow the flight plan.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

New video that wasn't part of todays feature review.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

5 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

With the on going development of the FBW A320, it may well be that both aircraft approach the same standards.  I just hope that the FBW team keep going with their project and do not abandon it in the face of the competition, at the behest of their "masters" at MSFS.

Regards

Tony

What competition? One is freeware and one will be payware, you will have people on either sides the fence and maybe some even on both. They are not exactly the same A320

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

Happy that they are going with the original Bus. Better yet would be if they included CRT screens. 😀

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

57 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

What competition? One is freeware and one will be payware, you will have people on either sides the fence and maybe some even on both. They are not exactly the same A320

Competition?   This competition .... the rumoured upcoming Aerosoft A320.  Regardless, this was not what I meant and I suspect you already know that.  The point I was trying to make was that I hope development continues with the FBW one, and whether or not it is payware or freeware they most certainly are in competition with one another. I really just hope that they all power on to bigger and better end results.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

5 hours ago, WestAir said:

To be fair, the Airbus A320 is very forgiving in this regard. You can probably fly it the same way you'd fly the default Asobo A32N; the only difference you'd notice is that the aircraft will actually follow the flight plan.

Very true.
"High fidelity" airliner doesn't mean harder to operate at all, unless you activate failures and wish to better understand how systems interact together.
I am truly impressed by this new project, and to be honest, very admiring.

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

9 hours ago, DaWu said:

Yes this all looks stunning but who needs that?

simply to be sure the airplane behaves as it should and you could act accordingly.

As example the FSX/P3D Aerosoft Airbus was in a state where I always have to research if this is now Airbus specific behaviour or a bug or just a "feature" of the AS Airbus itself.

I learned a lot from the FSLabs Airbus. And it is not only Airbus: if systems are modelled deep and correct, you can achieve the same in different ways (as example with A2A planes). So if you then set up the switches in an different but also logical order you get the same result. In low level addons you have often to follow a certain order for switches otherwise you confude the scripts behind.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do wonder who they have made for first, is it for simmers or do they plan to sell it to pilots/airlines too later down the line?

Because the only reason you would go into so much detail...is  to market this as something that can be used for real world flight training.

Before - Sim is bad as there’s no ‘study level’ planes. Planes aren’t realistic enough

After- Plane is too ‘study level’ for me and too detailed 

Devs can’t win haha

• Like 9

Jonathon James

56 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

I do wonder who they have made for first, is it for simmers or do they plan to sell it to pilots/airlines too later down the line?

Because the only reason you would go into so much detail...is  to market this as something that can be used for real world flight training.

Yeah, I wonder if if Fenix will target airliners or the commercial market.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM