Sign in to follow this  
BEARlyThereCDN

Decisions, Decisions.

3 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

1.  No.  Many people still use 20 year old technology.

2.  Maybe, but not for "decades".

3.  Depends.  Do you still enjoy watching late night marathons of "I Love Lucy" on cable TV?

I know someone that still uses a flip phone. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I know someone that still uses a flip phone. 

Please don't let them be a Medical Decision Maker for you in any of your living wills.

• Like 1

Rick Ryan

30 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

There is something really wrong with his PC. 

Indeed.  I think he just flipped resolution to 800x600 for his 'example' to defend his ongoing MSFS-bashing rai·son d'ê·tre.   Anyone who installs FSX after building a new system for MSFS is just plain impaired, and you can't fix impaired.  It's why he lives in my Ignored Users group and shall remain.

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 hours ago, BEARlyThereCDN said:

I'm having a great time with my MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe with a couple of payware airports installed. But I do find myself in a bit of a dilemma. I'm not sure if I'm ready to uninstall my FSX with all of my GB's of payware and freeware taking up space on my game drive. I haven't fired up FSX since the beginning of the pandemic but I do find myself flying my TBM 930 nearly every day in MSFS 2020. Even with that in mind I just can't seem to part with FSX yet. It almost feels like parting ways with a old friend. I'd like everyone's opinions on this topic - Has FSX seen it's days? Is MSFS 2020 the NOW and FUTURE of flight simming for the next couple of decades? Is it time to part company with a old friend?

What the heck, if you can afford it, keep it on it's own drive. What's the harm? It's really ONLY up to you. I uninstalled all of my old sims. But it's my choice, and I buy very, very, very, few addon's and no scenery at all. We all use flight simulation in different ways.

I think if you fire it up, that will make the decision for you 🙂 If your immediate reaction is, oh my gosh, I used to fly in this. Or if you fire it up, and go, man I think I'll fly that aircraft I paid $100.00 for, and enjoy it. Well, might have to leave it a bit longer. I think you know it's a matter of time, I guess!

If you own the box, and you should, get it framed 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

17 minutes ago, Noel said:

Indeed.  I think he just flipped resolution to 800x600 for his 'example' to defend his ongoing MSFS-bashing rai·son d'ê·tre.   Anyone who installs FSX after building a new system for MSFS is just plain impaired, and you can't fix impaired.  It's why he lives in my Ignored Users group and shall remain.

I was thinking CGA....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

This is a new system I build last August expressly for MSFS.  I would provide a list of reasons why I installed FSX SE in September but I obviously I would be accused of trolling....

My local airport, KESN in MSFS.
image.png.89cba6e8784600b6ce81243b7e5f9330.png

Here is a video of how it looks on my system flying around KESN. With the freeware mod.

This only shows content on 1 of the 4 screens I use, all the instruments are on the lower screen seen as a still in the end of the video. The other 2 screens give a wide view out left and right.

This was recorded with Bandicam so framerate is not great, and there are a couple stutters. Normally I get about 35 fps at an airport like this with the 4 screen modest system.

• Like 2

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Without a doubt, yes uninstall FSX and make room for MSFS. The very 1st thing I did when MSFS released was Uninstalled Prepar3D and X-Plane 11. Oh boy, did it free up a tonnnnn of space and was a great decision. I never looked back.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well there are over 36,000 airports at least in MSFS, so I guess they missed one or two. People are making add on airports all the time for MSFS. Took me  0.0456 seconds to find this on Google   http://www.allflightmods.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/msfs2020-airports/kesn-easton-md-v1-0/

Better yet.

1 hour ago, mikeklimek said:

Yep, there are a ton of GA airports like this in MSFS.  Lots of great scenery around them, but the airports themselves are missing the buildings, hangers, etc.

Maybe it would be constructive if someone could start a list of airports that are either missing altogether or unpopulated with 3D structures so that our talented and dedicated community of freeware scenery creators could conveniently identify where their skill could be put to really good use. Apparently there are a "ton" of these airports out there, so there should be lots of opportunity to contribute.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Just now, jrw4 said:

Better yet.

Maybe it would be constructive if someone could start a list of airports that are either missing altogether or unpopulated with 3D structures so that our talented and dedicated community of freeware scenery creators could conveniently identify where their skill could be put to really good use. Apparently there are a "ton" of these airports out there, so there should be lots of opportunity to contribute.

I think you may find that on the MSFS forum, and maybe I have seen that on this forum, can't recall now. 

From what I understand FS2020 is implementing a database of airports modded by users, like what X-plane has.

When I used X-plane a lot I modded a few airports myself, mostly just for me. But I did upload a few as well.

The thing to remember is FS2020 is not even a year old yet. And already you can find thousands of freeware mods and scenery.

It will be very nice when this will be right in the sim. Sometime within a year I believe. But the share sites exist right now.

In the mean time it is not to that hard to mod an airport in FS2020, there are tutorials on YouTube and a few in the SDK as well. So if you find your airport is lacking, fix it and share it, like we did in X-plane.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

4 hours ago, Janov said:

Or helicopters.

We have Helis, thanks. One of which has one of the best heli flight models I've ever flown in a sim.  Plenty more on the way.

Or accurate airports (taxiways, markings, lighting,...)

Just like X-plane then...  the very last flight i did in x-plane the "airport" was a large concrete block with two runways and some taxiways.  Not a building in sight and zero lighting.  Not found anything close to that bad in MSFS yet

Or particles.

Not sure which particles you're on about.  We have contrails. We have smoke. 

Or a replay system.

I have two replay systems for MSFS thanks. They may be third party but they were free so i have no issues with that.

Or the ability to set up visibility accurately.

Well, the visibility is what the live weather says it is. On the occasions i check the real world weather at the airport I'm at the sim is usually very close to reality. Sorry if that's not good enough for you.

Or manipulating cockpit controls with VR controllers.

At last.. you found one!

Or multiple screens.

Plenty here running multi screen setups.

Or lighter-than-air vehicles.

Yawn

Or landing on aircraft carriers.

Perfectly possible in MSFS

Or VTOL aircraft.

Well done again!  Now let me remember all the VTOL aircraft available for x-plane 11 in the first year...

Or...the Starship! https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/71894-spacex-starship-sn15/

Yay..an addon we don't have.  well thats a dealbreaker! 

Or... 😉

Come to think of it - there is NOTHING but better visuals that MSFS has on X-Plane, really.

So, as usual you make a load of inaccurate statements then claim the same old nonsense that all we have is visuals.  You really are a complete joke.

Maybe one day if you actually tried the sim we could take you seriously.  Problem with that is you would have to backtrack so hard on all the nonsense you post here, and that's not going to happen as you're clearly the type that cannot be wrong about anything.

..now to find out why I'm still seeing your nonsense posts despite putting you on my ignore list.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Janov said:

Or helicopters.

Or accurate airports (taxiways, markings, lighting,...)

Or particles.

Or a replay system.

Or the ability to set up visibility accurately.

Or manipulating cockpit controls with VR controllers.

Or multiple screens.

Or lighter-than-air vehicles.

Or landing on aircraft carriers.

Or VTOL aircraft.

Or...the Starship! https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/71894-spacex-starship-sn15/

Or... 😉

Come to think of it - there is NOTHING but better visuals that MSFS has on X-Plane, really.

Bye X-Plane fanboiiiiiiiiii stay on your forum. You add nothing here but hate.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Bye X-Plane fanboiiiiiiiiii stay on your forum. You add nothing here but hate.

He is eating his heart out because he sees the end in site for XP, and the only thing he can do is try and spread hate and discontent on this forum. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Janov said:

I know that you are measuring things with different scales and have been tooting MSFS´s horn since the first second after it was released, stating that you "fly full IFR procedures with no problems" when everyone else for some odd reasons still couldn´t. So I am weighing your response with that in mind 😆.

I actually published 2 videos at the time proving both a GA IFR flight from KIZG - KPWM. And one from London to Paris complete with a STAR using autopilot.

This was a long time ago when FS2020 was just out.

So I proved it worked fine. When challenged.

Edited by 177B
  • Like 2

Pit.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

He is eating his heart out because he sees the end in site for XP, and the only thing he can do is try and spread hate and discontent on this forum. 

And he is a so called "real world Pilot" defending his game. Just a lame duck you ask me. No real world pilots on the streams bash MSFS like this dude does. So.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2