Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Robert at PMDG on SU5 performance.

People, just to say : For me this is a beautiful Update and now a wonderful experience in things like performance and smoothess - shure we got some things come in that not be that beautiful but for shure these kind of things get fixed..

I never tought you can get the Sim that smooth in seeing the older builds, so allmost unbelievable for me - great work from Asobo !!

And i downloaded the Update about 18-19 hours did some flights and fit my settings and until now ( i am at a 4 hour flight at the moment allmost done ) i had not a one single CTD and no stopps or crashes ore anything else by downloading my update.

Stutters and holds are for me a story from the past ( what i see until jet ) for me just a big__ WOOOWWWWWWW 😎

cheers 😉

• Like 9

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

You know which simmers go on my t*? Those obviously still unable to manipulate the sliders and settings in a way that the sim runs on their below 4000 quid PC. The problem here is that those simmers with not top-of the notch hardware still want 60FPS at 4K with ultra settings and they complain loudly if they do not get it. 

MSFS ran perfectly fine on my rig before SU5, with 30FPS on 1440p, never had a smoother flight sim. Why did they change everything now for the sake of some FPS? Certainly NOT to suit those people you blame with your statement, in striking contrast, it was exactly done to suit those simmers unable to reduce their settings, to suit those "I want 4K and 60FPS on my 10y old rig" kiddies flaming around when they realize that their rig is unable to provide this unrealistic need. 

That is not at all why the quality rollback was issued, it was to make the sim compatible with X box, period. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

18 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

And this is an example of why almost every other flight sim community refers to Avsim as being full of stubborn grumpy old men. When did we lose the ability to laugh a bit at ourselves? Maturity should come with a thick skin (although having said that I've got less patient with age!)

This is, for the most part, an urban legend. A few people who were ejected from Avsim actually stirs the sewers of reddit and some other forums.   A few complacent or masochist members of the Avsim community keep on repeating that here. It doesn't it make it true. 

Having a thick skin does not mean that we should enjoy people whose only agenda is to unload their sour bile here. We have a good example in this thread. This thread initiated by David which should have generated an interesting discussion went sideways with the third post ranting about elites and whatnots.  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Did a few flights in the G1000 float C172 last night and I’d estimate I’m seeing about a 20% FPS increase give or take.  Seems smoother.  Overall good for me but not up to and claims of very high FPS increases.

Didn’t notice objects popping in but wasn’t using trackir or snap views.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

There's a thing called Settings. Just put a slider in there any everybody can decide how aggressive culling they want. Problem solved, right? They could do the same for all the visuals they nerfed.. just reserve Ultra setting for powerful PCs and restrict Xbox to High setting, why not?

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

People, just to say : For me this is a beautiful Update and now a wonderful experience in things like performance and smoothess - shure we got some things come in that not be that beautiful but for shure these kind of things get fixed..

I hope you are right, then my little **** session was for nothing, but I also have fear from this last update. This update put the fear of god into me so to speak.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

3 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

There's a thing called Settings. Just put a slider in there any everybody can decide how aggressive culling they want. Problem solved, right? They could do the same for all the visuals they nerfed.. just reserve Ultra setting for powerful PCs and restrict Xbox to High setting, why not?

And that's the frustrating thing, the weird design decisions they keep making in some stuff. I see it in most software, but some companies are able to keep a lid on the amount of 'autism' in the code. It appears they let Elon Musk go wild on their code after too many Joe Rogan sessions 🙂

I am officially rebranding this update as "The Rainman Update", and no-one can argue otherwise, it's official. Though I respect the rainman's superior ability to recall phone numbers, I don't want him interfering with my workflow.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

That is not the solution to the problem. The sim shouldn’t be nerfed, we should have the option to keep good visuals. Enough people with your attitude and the visual difference between earlier builds and newer builds will grow further apart.

I can’t talk about earlier pre release builds, but everyone knows what I’m talking about.

Regardless of which side you're on, I would truly appreciate it if EVERYONE would please stop saying that EVERYONE knows something.  

• Like 4

• i9-9900K + 2080 Ti | 1TB PCIe + 32GB RAM.  Dell 24 inch monitor.  Thrust master T16000 stick, throttles, and pedals.
    FSX and MSFS.

4 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I hope you are right, then my little **** session was for nothing, but I also have fear from this last update. This update put the fear of god into me so to speak.

I am realy not kidden or to say something that isn`t the true, i ordered the Sim 3 days later as it reaches the marked at August 2020 and since that ( all seeing to MSFS ) i never had sutch an experience with this Sim.

We should give this Build a chance i think with some updates we have the best we ever can get - but this is just my Opinion !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

And that's the frustrating thing, the weird design decisions they keep making in some stuff.

In my opinion, I may be completely wrong here, I hope so, they consider MSFS an Xbox game first and therefore the visuals can't be better on PC in any way, the Ultra setting should be the same on both. So there's no other way then to degrade the visuals so the same piece of software can run on $400 and $4000 hardware alike. I'd like to hear some other explanation, why can't we go higher with the settings on PC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Alferio said:

Regardless of which side you're on, I would truly appreciate it if EVERYONE would please stop saying that EVERYONE knows something.  

It’s the truth, if you can’t see the visual difference then something isn’t right mateyyyy

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kurtb said:

+ & - to zoom in!!!

I know that for pete's sake, the point is I didn't have to do that before SU5...  Cheeze......

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

In my opinion, I may be completely wrong here, I hope so, they consider MSFS an Xbox game first and therefore the visuals can't be better on PC in any way, the Ultra setting should be the same on both. So there's no other way then to degrade the visuals so the same piece of software can run on $400 and $4000 hardware alike. I'd like to hear some other explanation, why can't we go higher with the settings on PC.

Well, you may be right, but no-one knows what someone else is thinking. Having been in software for so many years, usually it isn't that, it's that people get MICRO-FOCUSED on the release dates and getting the thing done before actually thinking about how to do it. The guy coding it probably didn't correlate with the UI team, he probably didn't even have access to the UI code or didn't even think people would notice. This is a huge bureaucratic process, even though Asobo isn't that big, they are still dealing with all the issues of a giant bloated project.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

As I posted the other day, MSFS is now set to the lowest common denominator, and that is what PC users will have to get used to. 

42 minutes ago, AnkH said:

You know which simmers go on my t*? Those obviously still unable to manipulate the sliders and settings in a way that the sim runs on their below 4000 quid PC. The problem here is that those simmers with not top-of the notch hardware still want 60FPS at 4K with ultra settings and they complain loudly if they do not get it. 

MSFS ran perfectly fine on my rig before SU5, with 30FPS on 1440p, never had a smoother flight sim. Why did they change everything now for the sake of some FPS? Certainly NOT to suit those people you blame with your statement, in striking contrast, it was exactly done to suit those simmers unable to reduce their settings, to suit those "I want 4K and 60FPS on my 10y old rig" kiddies flaming around when they realize that their rig is unable to provide this unrealistic need. 

Nope, you are completely wrong there, and I didn't blame the people you are suggesting I did, with any such statement of the kind, so you can knock that one off for a start. And whilst you're at it, why don't you also knock off the elitist condescending attitude of calling people 'kiddies' if they don't have a super computer? Not everyone has money to burn.

In fact, the LOD shift was done to make it work well on the XBox, and if MS and Asobo want to do that, as we have known all along that they do and would, then that is what they can do because it is their title. They made no secret about the fact that it was coming to the XBox, so it should hardly come as a surprise to anyone that we would see what we have seen. They said an FPS boost was on the way, and it's fairly obvious how that would be achieved, since Asobo is not magic.

Anyone who knows anything about consoles - all of them from the first Sega ones to the latest fancy affairs - and the software for them, knows that limiting draw distance is one of the methods used for getting smooth frame rates and manageable file sizes. If you look at a modern title such as Call of Duty, it has the appearance of being some big open world sim, but you are in fact pretty much on rails going down a fairly narrow 'valley' of navigable terrain where the action takes place and the rest is just distant eye candy which never has to be drawn in detail because you cannot go there. Another rather obvious clue is that the developer which MS chose was a major developer of games, who were used to this concept of game level creation. So if anyone is surprised or dismayed by the dropping of the LOD radius, they must not have been paying much attention to the details (which is more than a little ironic don't you think?).

Now of course there is the possibility that Asobo could add some detail draw distance sliders in there or some such, which would allow all the people who liked to move their sliders way too far over to the right in FSX and then wonder why it ran like a P.O.S. or crashed with an O.O.M. blue screen, to do the same with MSFS and then indulge in their favourite hobby of complaining about it being unstable or choppy instead of putting it on comparatively reasonable settings and getting on with, well, you know, flying around, in their flight sim. 🤣

For literally years, people complained about MS not making a flight sim which used modern hardware and which didn't get good frame rates whilst looking good, and then when they go and do precisely that, and then make it run even better as well, people complain about them having done so. You couldn't make this s*** up.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 26

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here