Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Robert at PMDG on SU5 performance.

26 minutes ago, DAD said:

funny discussion. well, I like what MS/Asobo delivered w/ SU5. and I am an old man, my kids would probably claim. yeah, maybe some color/satuartion tweaking but it runs so smooth and reliable, maybe I am just happy. this morning out of LAX towards DFW.... off to another thread now, have fun here

Screenshot-32.png

May i ask how you tweaked the colors (which parameters) ? About the Sharpening,  Yesterday i tried the opposite direction i kept sharpen=1  and smoothed out per NVIDA + AltF3, il like the result, will next try to tweek the colors a bit.

Edited by webstef68

5 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

It’s the truth, if you can’t see the visual difference then something isn’t right mateyyyy

Allow me to restate, Please, please don't tell me what I can and can't see.  I'm out.

• i9-9900K + 2080 Ti | 1TB PCIe + 32GB RAM.  Dell 24 inch monitor.  Thrust master T16000 stick, throttles, and pedals.
    FSX and MSFS.

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

If I was Asobo, I wouldnt even bother listening to people on avsim. They dont represent to entire flightsim community and and most are a bunch of old men stuck in their ways

If you are lucky, you will be an old person one day.

It is perfectly possible to be a young person who is "stuck in their ways" and it is equally possible to be an old person and open to new ideas.

Similarly, it is equally possible for a young person to be able to see nothing but the stereotypical "old person", as it is for the old person to see only the stereotypical "young person". There are plenty of other posts apart from yours illustrating both points of view.

Both views are equally flawed, not all of us conform to stereotypes and all of us have the opportunity to make worthwhile contributions to these forums if we can find it within ourselves to do so.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

As I posted the other day, MSFS is now set to the lowest common denominator, and that is what PC users will have to get used to. 

Yeah, but technically there's really no need to do that.

14 minutes ago, Chock said:

Now of course there is the possibility that Asobo could add some detail draw distance sliders in there or some such, which would allow all the people who liked to move their sliders way too far over to the right in FSX and then wonder why it ran like a P.O.S. or crashed with an O.O.M. blue screen, to do the same with MSFS and then indulge in their favourite hobby of complaining about it being unstable or choppy instead of putting it on comparatively reasonable settings and getting on with, well, you know, flying around, in their flight sim. 🤣

Well, it's luckily pretty simple since the XBOX have an ID they can call. It's just an IF THEN statement, that's why the LOD annoys me. It honestly makes no sense other than they didn't want to maintain 2 separate code blocks (hmm), well there are probably interfaces and a bunch of OO junk, so there is that, but still... Basically, it can still be done by something like below...

if(Ver != Xbox){

//Allow Higher Lods
//Use old code

}

Because you have multiple developers on the project, there are "code based permissions" like private class and limited interfaces (sort of like a read only directory), so the code would likely be a few extra hundred lines (maybe a few thousand), but THEY already had the code, so it's beyond my imagination why they wanted to do this.

Again, welcome to "THE RAINMAN UPDATE", where things are the way they are because... that's just the way they are...

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 3

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

6 minutes ago, Reader said:

If you are lucky, you will be an old person one day.

It is perfectly possible to be a young person who is "stuck in their ways" and it is equally possible to be an old person and open to new ideas.

Similarly, it is equally possible for a young person to be able to see nothing but the stereotypical "old person", as it is for the old person to see only the stereotypical "young person". There are plenty of other posts apart from yours illustrating both points of view.

Both views are equally flawed, not all of us conform to stereotypes and all of us have the opportunity to make worthwhile contributions to these forums if we can find it within ourselves to do so.

I'm sure I'll get old, but I hope and pray I dont be grumpy and stubborn. I try to tell my parents that too. Life is too short. Like another poster said, floating roofs and missing jetways and most of the other issues are right at the bottom of anything to get upset about, especially a video game lol

• Like 1

I'm trying to get back on topic:

In the air my FPS doubled with the new update for the FBW, and I had a 50% gain for the DC-6. On the ground at payware airports it's much less (about 10-20%), but still highly welcome. If this is only the "lukewarm" version, I wonder what FPS I would have with the previous build...? Anyway I take the less dramatic culling and less visual degrade over 90 FPS any day.

@DevGrp

It's all relative, to you it's a video game, to some people their building supplier just pulled their contract and lit their future plans on fire. That's not me anymore, because trying to make a living doing airports is pretty tough in this environment of certain devs flooding the market with sub-par product (though a lot of the product is also very good, but there is a lot of sub-par junk being released).

I wish MS-ASOBO would also add a country filter to the STORE, please, for god sakes this should have been added months ago.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 2

OK, I will wave my willy around....I can now pull over 100 FPS in my FI Spitfire on Ultra.

Put willy away..best place for it.........

I dont want 60FPS I dont want personly 4K, I want smooth flight, butter smooth flight, no stutters no nothing but smooth. 

I lock FPS with V-sync to 30FPS and after some tests it will stay there.

This performance update is hopefully good for people that dont have 4,000 to spend or even 2,000 or what ever. If it helps everyone get a smooth flight and 30 FPS is all that is really needed, the "headroom" above that for me is the buffer that keep PMDG DC-6, NG Fenix etc all running smoothly at 30FPS. If not i would drop my sliders..simple as that.

People simple cannot spend the cash or justfy it to fly a sim. So I hope this SU5 does help many. Its should never be an elitest thing to sim. Everyone on this Earth has a diffrent opinion on whats cheap or expensive, we all need to respect that. We can also be happy and thankfull for what we do have not what we dont have.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

People simple cannot spend the cast or justfy it to fly a sim. So I hope this SU5 does help many. Its should never be an elitest thing to sim. Everyone on this Earth has a diffrent option on whats cheap or expensive, we all need to respect that. We can also be happy and thankfull for what we do have not what we dont have.

I assure you it was completely unnecessary. The idea that it had to be nerf'd because of the XBOX version is plain and simply not true, it was a  very minor block of code to not do so (even in the worst case if everything was in an interface). This is the laziest update of all of them, again it is The Rainman Update 🙂

It was basically a guy not pasting the old code, making an extra 30 minute effort to separate the block, and then wrapping the interface with the new code ID (if then). That's it, 100% completely unnecessary. They had the interface code already from the old code, so instead he pushed everyone onto the XBOX code without a qualifying condition.

That isn't the only issue though, the bigger issue is the way they broke the SDK, which will at least in all likelihood be fixed soon (I hope).

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

Mine runs faster / smoother, with higher graphics settings.

I know my bottleneck is in the old GPU, so, I have set VSync and limited FPS to 30 in the sim menus.

I never see it bellow 30, wherever I go flying, with or without weather.

I do not use traffic ( of any kind ) but I have never used it before, so...

I do not own the DC6.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I do not own the DC6.

You're missing out there, it's very nice.

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

My FPS with a 2700x and RX 570 massively improved.

But I noticed something interesting - as I climbed higher, parts of the ground that were extremely low resolution suddenly switched to high-res textures.

Could it be the sudden load on the servers from the xbox release that's causing the pop-in?

• Like 1

Just now, Chock said:

Yup, by far the best aircraft in MSFS, despite the new blurry cockpit. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Chock said:

Yeah, I guess it is Chock, and your youtube ( as usual with many other addons, on various platforms, was a good hint !

I am just saving to recover from the investment in the new rig, and e able to buy a 2060, maybe a 3060, when they get to lower, more acceptable prices.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...