Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.14.0 is now live!

OK, i just made my testflight from LOWI to LOWW,....as always,....with the latest FBW 320 dev. version.I have no idea if it is the FBW Airbus or the sim. The bird is not able to keep his FL. It is 100 ft above the Flightlevel of FL270 or 200 below. That was it for me,.... i will leave this now and go back to P3d, there i have constancy and i know what i have. I installed the hotfix now....no ctd's but still rubish....

Edited by thomasl123

8 minutes ago, Seat* said:

When you are using X-box controller for the camera then there are a white dot in the center. And the is no way to turn it of definitely. You can read more here

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-do-we-get-rid-of-the-white-dot-in-the-middle-with-camera/427010

That white dot is only shown when youre in that camera mode. The mode where youre trying to select a knob or make some instrument change. You can then change the camera mode to remove the whit dot (cursor). 

Edited by joec63

Semper Fi 

7 minutes ago, Seat* said:

When you are using X-box controller for the camera then there are a white dot in the center. And the is no way to turn it of definitely.

Ah, I don't use an Xbox controller for anything which is what confused me.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

I had hoped that the GA Training flights would return after the Hotfix but they are still missing from my sim for some reason!🙄

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 minute ago, thomasl123 said:

OK, i just made my testflight from LOWI to LOWW,....as always,....with the latest FBW 320 dev. version.I have no idea if it is the FBW Airbus or the word not allowed sim. The bird is not able to keep his FL. It is 100 ft above the Flightlevel of FL270 or 200 below. That was it for me,.... i will leave this word not allowed and go back to P3d, there i have constancy and i know what i have.

Every one to his own. I am content to persevere with MSFS as a few bugs here and there are common place after a massive update but the major bugs tend to get ironed out fairly rapidly. Have fun.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

Something that worked for me for those getting the Sim freezing after clicking 'Fly Now' - I restarted flightsim and went into graphics settings and manually set to 'High' - I had previously used the NVidia Game Ready settings to optimize graphics settings.  Since manually changing them in MSFS directly, I have no Freeze / CTD issues.  Flying FBW A320 LMML - EGKK  now for the last Hour with no CTDs yet. Hope this helps someone else out 🤞

The lockup when replugging mouse and KB is definitely not fixed. First thing I tried.  Lockup for a min then ctd on the world map. 

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58

44 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

From my initial tests with new hotfix, 1.18.14.0  looks like panning redraw is reduced .. 

Why would they leave out of the release notes the one thing that people are complaining about the most?

• Like 1

It looks like this is the SAVE FACE update, they changed some comments in the code. Only kidding, I have no idea what they changed. I'm not able to retrieve the update yet for some reason. The code push was done by rainman and the other half by buckethead (sorry if people cannot find humor in this).

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

15 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Quick update: No CTDs so far after two quick flights. One thing I cannot see are any AI aircraft in the skies. I tried Realtime and the map shows lots of planes, but I see none of them. If I select Offline AI with 60% the skies show nothing. This was taking off from JFK.  

just did a flight around london with live traffic , they certainly are there.

i do have show generic to on.

12 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

What aircraft are you in? I haven't had any problems at EGLL as there is where I first tested SU5 to see the performance improvements.

A320 Default - I have nothing in my community folder - I have tons of marketplace purchases (airports).   I can start in Iceland - USA ETC but not in England.

I assume I can just move everything in my marketplace folder out to see if thats the issue - I do not want to delete and re install as I dont want to take the bandwidth hit.  I am hoping I can find an offender and just leave that out for now....but I am not 100% sure thats the issue.

9 minutes ago, BollokovAir said:

Something that worked for me for those getting the Sim freezing after clicking 'Fly Now' - I restarted flightsim and went into graphics settings and manually set to 'High' - I had previously used the NVidia Game Ready settings to optimize graphics settings.  Since manually changing them in MSFS directly, I have no Freeze / CTD issues.  Flying FBW A320 LMML - EGKK  now for the last Hour with no CTDs yet. Hope this helps someone else out 🤞

oh, never ever use nvidia to let it set your settings. i can do it manually always better.

• Like 1

Quick test not looking promising, at all. The loading times from menu to flight has increased significantly on my setup. And the dreaded stutters are back. Enjoyed this sim for a few days with no stutters, and maybe they did something with the LOD's as I don't see the popping when panning as in SU5. But still, I would prefer a little popping when changing views to stutters

44 minutes ago, Seat* said:

And the white dot is still there. A joke

If they remove the white dot, the xbox users wont be able to point and click, just like if they removed the mouse cursor, pc users would be able to point and click smh

8 minutes ago, wim123 said:

just did a flight around london with live traffic , they certainly are there.

i do have show generic to on.

I can see the labels, but picking up the actual planes is almost impossible on my 1440p monitor. I have seen one, but that was at higher altitude, so I could spot it easier. Previously I could see lights and the planes looked bigger. Now I am looking right at the label but the plane is invisible.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro