Sign in to follow this  
Car147

FBW A320NX (Dev)

Hi all.

Is anybody else having instant CTD's with the A320NX (Dev) . It worked fine until 3 days ago, but since then whenever i click fly it CTD's. I have deleted the aircraft, cleared the other fbw A320nx  files (Not folders) left behind after being deleted. Even tried the stable version, doing a clean install after.

I use the addon Linker and have only the FBW A320NX in Community folder, still the same. The default A320 loads fine. I even re-installed MSFS yesterday in an attempt to rectifiy the issue, and it's still the same. ( I am not using anything other than default liveries, and default airfields to prove the issue is either with the A320NX or something has changed in sim thats causing the problem.

Any help appreciated.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I had also those crashes while loading an airport with A32NX.
The only option that worked ( at least on my setup):
After SU5 when you enter on MSFS world map and have a different aircraft and change to A32NX i had ctd when loading an airport.
the only way to avoid those crashes was to have A32X as my main Aircraft when MSFS is loaded.
weird issue....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

After 5 CTD's and a lot of perseverance, I managed a 3hr flight in the FBW32NX, which went beautifully. I'm using the latest Dev version. I'm pretty sure the CTD were caused by the annoying UPD5 Sim update, which hopefully will end after hotfix 2 due the weekend.

steve southey

I get around it by deleting the "state.cfg" for the FBW A320. This file contains Hobbs Meter information. It rebuilds itself.

Deleting this file before I open MSFS allows me to select and fly the FBW A320 without a CTD. Not deleting the file will guarantee me a CTD on first startup.

Mine (MS Store Version) is found at..............

C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\FlyByWire_A320_NEO\state.cfg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Apart from having the FBW as default aircraft on startup, turning on the developer mode before loading the flight helped with the CTDs for me. Can be turned off again after the flight is fully loaded.

• Like 3

Yes as above I also had a CTD when I tried to start a flight after changing to the FBW from another aircraft. When I started again with the FBW already in the hangar it loaded fine and I was able to complete a 2 hour flight without incident (well.. apart from the temperature fluctuations at altitude).

• Like 2

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Three things to try:

1) When you get to the "Ready to Fly" screen, let the aircraft load completely (let all the views cycle through) before you hit the button.

2) Try from a default MSFS airport. I found a fair few of my CTDs were actually airport/scenery related - but as I had the A32NX selected, I put it down the that.

3) It appears sometimes that if you change *to* the A320 from another aircraft in the same session, the A320 might crash. Restarting the sim with the A320 loaded/saved in the menu from the previous session might help.

Having had a few MEGA Linker sessions to isolate the incompatible addons, I now (finally!!) appear to have a stable MSFS - and the FBW A320 seems to be working really well (touch wood!!).

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Great info many thanks all.  @Seth2021 Spot on, it now loads fine, many thanks. I'll look into that as well  @michaelray

Cheer's guys

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

16 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Apart from having the FBW as default aircraft on startup, turning on the developer mode before loading the flight helped with the CTDs for me. Can be turned off again after the flight is fully loaded.

Well blow me down. I turned on Dev mode and it loaded. Default airport though. Now to see if it'll last a flight.

• Like 1

For me it's 50:50. I can load it at some airports. But for example LFPG gate V4, constant ctd, when I click Fly button. Can someone try load it at that gate?

Edited by xenonsk
  • Like 1

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

I too used to struggle getting a flight started after SU5. It would generally crash just after the airport and the FBW were loaded. I tried everything, Turning the online connection, AI and live weather off and setting the graphics to low-end would sometimes work. But what worked one day, could easily lead to a CTD the next.

Then, fed up with it, I playfully decided to set my graphics to high-end ( my pc is 5 years old so no way it qualifies for that and I have a Nvidia 96x card) and  extend the rolling cache from 8 to 16. 8 was set automaitcally when I installed the game.

Not sure of course which really helped but now I have had 4 working starts in a row. No more issues so far so maybe it helps any of you.

• Like 1

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

I'm suffering from the same problems. I can load a flight and the cinematic previews show up. But once I hit the button to enter the cockpit, it instantly crashes. I managed to get into the cockpit a couple of times when starting the flight on the runway, but not at the gate in cold-and-dark. I also tried various things to no avail. MSFS is just completely bugged at the moment.

Edited by carlito777
  • Like 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

14 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

I'm suffering from the same problems. I can load a flight and the cinematic previews show up. But once I hit the button to enter the cockpit, it instantly crashes. I managed to get into the cockpit a couple of times when starting the flight on the runway, but not at the gate in cold-and-dark. I also tried various things to no avail. MSFS is just completely bugged at the moment.

Have you tried the dev mode workaround mentioned above? Try loading a flight with dev mode enabled.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1