Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

ORBX Sale

ORBX have a half price anniversary sale on for 36 hours if anyone is interested.  Innsbruck and Leeds Bradford interest me at £6 each.

ASOBO Innsbruck is pretty poor for a hand crafted airport in my view and I can't believe that superspud or one of his pals has not had a go at Leeds Bradford yet.

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

ORBX have more sales than Steam and DFS combined, every other week it seems!

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Is everything for MSFS on sale?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

13 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Is everything for MSFS on sale?

No, just a handful of items - their first releases for MSFS. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

8 minutes ago, Donka said:

No, just a handful of items - their first releases for MSFS. 

Yup, it's more of a sales push on things which have stopped shifting units than a celebration. Still, a sale is a sale if you happen to want those things, but to me it comes across like celebrating someone's birthday by looking in your cupboard for something you don't want and then calling that their present.

• Like 12

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup, it's more of a sales push on things which have stopped shifting units than a celebration. Still, a sale is a sale if you happen to want those things, but to me it comes across like celebrating someone's birthday by looking in your cupboard for something you don't want and then calling that their present.

You mean that's not what you are supposed to do ? (and I say that with today being my Birthday as well as the Sim's 😉 )

12 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

You mean that's not what you are supposed to do ? (and I say that with today being my Birthday as well as the Sim's 😉 )

Haha. But the Sim is much younger than you are 😀 Whether it works as well might be another matter though.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

ORBX have a half price anniversary sale on for 36 hours if anyone is interested.  Innsbruck and Leeds Bradford interest me at £6 each.

ASOBO Innsbruck is pretty poor for a hand crafted airport in my view and I can't believe that superspud or one of his pals has not had a go at Leeds Bradford yet.

I am tempted to buy London City Pack, can anyone confirm if the pop-in is better than the default scenery?

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Just now, MrFuzzy said:

I am tempted to buy London City Pack, can anyone confirm if the pop-in is better than the default scenery?

Would be interesting to know.  I had half an eye on that one too.

10 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

At a pinch over £3 I've just picked it up.   Will test fly in a while and let you know.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

I’ve never noticed any pop-in with London City Pack

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

London and EGLC are a great combo, if you dont have them.

Not much of a sale if you buy from them...

Everything over 90 days OLD.🙄

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Dont forget to delete Asobo version of Innsbruke.😉

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Haha. But the Sim is much younger than you are 😀 Whether it works as well might be another matter though.

Considering how little I've achieved at my desk so far today the Sim may well be working much better 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For £3 The London City Pack is pretty good.  Certainly enhances things a lot, but it is very inconsistent in the quality of modeling/texturing.   Battersea power station for instance is an absolute joke. If that is PBR texturing then I'm Jurgen Klopp.

It does highlight just how bloody awful Londons PG is.  The Orbx buildings don't blend in with the PG  at all well, but that's not their fault.  (I'm on a mission to explore every PG area in the US and the PG is of such a higher quality compared to the UK it's not funny, but thats another topic)

No pop in of any Orbx stuff that i  noticed... again Londons PG pop in is terrible compared to anywhere I've flown in the US, where I've not really noticed any at all. Londons pop in is right in your face.. Asobo clearly went way to aggressive with the LODs.

If you dont run with PG on then I'd say it's a must buy.  If you do run with PG it's still worth it as long as you can accept the way it "stands out" from the surroundings.

At £3 it would be extremely nitpicky to call it not worth it.  Performance was great and it does really add a lot to the area, some great touches such as the enhanced dock areas with the boats, animated cable cars etc.  I just wish the models/texturing were a little more uniform throughout the scenery... some of the smaller, less noticeable structures can get away with it, massive buildings like Battersea Power Station just look a bit silly when done at such low quality.

7/10 at full price.  8.5/10 for its current price.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1