Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Can't Get In

I can get in after a long wait. When clicking my XBox profile in the top right it says I am offline and it is grayed out preventing me from switching to online. Is it working but maybe with no bing data?

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

Not seeing this as no flying for me today but as much as I like the server / cloud based scenery/compute options (from what they can offer us nowadays) as much am I concerned about those little hickups rendering a whole offering/service „useless“. Again, can happen with something as big as a global cloud but I am still one of those who burned their fingers with the infamous Flight title once MS shut down the GfW servers

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

You posted this an hour ago, I see the same.

This coincides with a community fly-in that started an hour ago.

Is there a connection between the two because too many people were joining the fly-in?

I had the same problem to get in. I noticed that once I got in the Marketplace was greyed out with the spinning white circle. And then when trying to do a flight in the TBM only the 1st leg of the flightplan would load in the G3000, non-WT. The plane would get to the end of the leg and then just turn in a circle. Tried it twice with same result. I am now restarting MSFS and enabling the TBM mod and WT-G3000 and will see if I get the same result.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Same.  A few goes it went on so long I aborted.  Eventually it booted up.

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Same problem. Deleted and moved some files, hope I didnt broke my sim when it runs again....

(the content.xml file I moved to safe location, but dont know where it came from. I have a Steam installation. Should be a localcache folder, but cant find anymore)

Oh, it now is past the update screen after about 10 times starting up...

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Just tried, here. Everything seems to be working.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The flight plan shows up completely now but still showing Offline so Marketplace is grayed out. I tried logging out and back in but still in Offline mode. 

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

I see the same. I'm offline. But the data connection to the Bing World is working. So one can still fly with streamed data.

It took a long time to get in, but I'm up in the air now with Longitude between St Petersburg and Helsinki, and everything seems to work just fine, but marketplace was greyed out for me too.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Same problem, restarted PC and MSFS and finally after about 5 minutes got past Checking for updates screen, and another 5 minutes to load a flight. Finally got it going. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310