Sign in to follow this  
MOD_FLYER

GOOGLE MAP FOR MFS2020

Seeing few issues where Bing and Google are mixed together in certain areas prob just need to use it more - finding Google much more appealing

Gran Canyon

Grand.png

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Well *word not allowed* the Google scenery looks SO much nicer. Specially the crisp roads. Its also more up to date as the YouTuber said. Very clever application! 

However my worry is the hawks at both Google and MS have probably been roused from their slumber and have begun taking a look at this. Counting down to when this will be yanked. 

If this was Nintendo satellite data they would have shut it down before the 1st download from flightsim.to had a chance to finish!

20 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

If this was Nintendo satellite data they would have shut it down before the 1st download from flightsim.to had a chance to finish!

And who could blame them!

fantasy-life-landscape.jpg

😉

It's very tempting to try out the google imagery, but if it does get blocked by MS, it will be even more depressing going back to Bing.😐

• Like 3

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

11 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

Well *word not allowed* the Google scenery looks SO much nicer. Specially the crisp roads. Its also more up to date as the YouTuber said. Very clever application! 

However my worry is the hawks at both Google and MS have probably been roused from their slumber and have begun taking a look at this. Counting down to when this will be yanked. 

Hi! I installed the google MOD and it seems very easy installation and I did install it as it was shown in a tutorial video on youtube. But it looks not working when I run this MOD, the white small window shows it's running but the CMD window stays idle DOES NOT load any data or tiles and the graphics are not different. Is this because that I have no photogrammetry in my sim since

SIMUPDATE 5 ? I have been trying to fix the photogrammetry problem by going through a lot of options from forums and even contacted the ZENDESK but till now they have not been able to find

any solutions and I am still waiting to hear from them as they said in their last contact that they would contact me again in two weeks. With regards.

On 11/7/2021 at 2:32 AM, Republic3D said:

One of, if not the most accurate simulator out there when it comes to physics, as well as 26 years of experience in the business. Google teaming up with LR could be a goldmine for both companies.

It would more be like Google teaming up with LR. It's not just about the imagery, especially about processing (imagery, object placement), infrastructure (distribution). The actual sim would only play a small part in that equation. Unless you just want to put wallpaper imagery on ground - in that case, you can already do that.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Hi! If any body kindly tell me how to contact the author of this MOD ( google map for msfs2020) I have not found any email address anywhere. Thanks

1 hour ago, MOD_FLYER said:

Hi! If any body kindly tell me how to contact the author of this MOD ( google map for msfs2020) I have not found any email address anywhere. Thanks

Post a comment the flightsim.to page for his mod. he is pretty good at getting back to people on there

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2021 at 5:40 PM, MrBitstFlyer said:

I regularly put my VR headset on and browse Google Earth all over the world, sometimes for hours, yet I haven't been banned yet.  

I think this is a good point - there's no limits on how much data you can download with Google Maps and Google Earth, and you can potentially be downloading far more data with those apps as you can just drag around and traverse the world in seconds

Downloading of only the image data near your aircraft, at the relatively slow speed an aircraft crosses the map is perhaps not downloading much data at all?

I think if anything, it's more likely that MS would block this capability rather than Google

13 minutes ago, EGLD said:

I think this is a good point - there's no limits on how much data you can download with Google Maps and Google Earth, and you can potentially be downloading far more data with those apps as you can just drag around and traverse the world in seconds

Downloading of only the image data near your aircraft, at the relatively slow speed an aircraft crosses the map is perhaps not downloading much data at all?

I think if anything, it's more likely that MS would block this capability rather than Google

The difference between this and the official Google Maps and Earth applications is that one is not sanctioned and may be violating the terms of use for accessing the Google imagery, and the other two are officially sanctioned. The amount of data won't be the issue so much as whether the data is being accessed through the proper channels (and being properly paid for, if relevant).

I'm not sure Microsoft will really care, as long as they aren't liable for any of this. It would be more likely that Google reaches out and asks Microsoft for help in stopping it.

Flight from Leeds/Bradford to Manchester across the Penines done today with Bing scenery, then repeated with Google.  Much more colour in the google ground textures, you can see the roads more clearly and you can even see the road markings with Google.  Using LOD 400.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

2 hours ago, goates said:

The difference between this and the official Google Maps and Earth applications is that one is not sanctioned and may be violating the terms of use for accessing the Google imagery, and the other two are officially sanctioned. The amount of data won't be the issue so much as whether the data is being accessed through the proper channels (and being properly paid for, if relevant).

I'm not sure Microsoft will really care, as long as they aren't liable for any of this. It would be more likely that Google reaches out and asks Microsoft for help in stopping it.

My point is based on the chance that the data transfer would be of a level that Google wouldn't notice or be able to identify

Edited by EGLD

2 minutes ago, EGLD said:

My point is based on the chance that the data transfer would be of a level that Google wouldn't notice or be able to identify

My Guess is Microsoft will but a stop to this fairly quickly. They would not want it to get out that users were using Google Data rather than Bing data, to run the MS simulator. That's like Burger King using McDonalds ingredients. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That's like Burger King using McDonalds ingredients. 

but what if most people preferred McDonald's ingredients to Burger King's and this increased Burger King's sales ??? 

• Like 1

WAT1460.png