Sign in to follow this  
MOD_FLYER

GOOGLE MAP FOR MFS2020

It also can't load Google's Photogrammetry data, so you're stuck with Bing's for that.

How long before Google blocks access to the API for this use? Just like they did with TileProxy

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Some side by side YouTube footage - plus install instructions. 

Looks pretty good in some parts of the world?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Wow, well thats depressing. I wish I could unsee how much better the google textures look. But hey, I'm still very, very happy with what we have. It's light years ahead of anything else.

Has anyone used this with the Biljen 4 seasons texture mapping running? I worry that it would cause a conflict. The trees should be fine, but what about the new ground textures he added?

1 minute ago, mikensherri328 said:

Has anyone used this with the Biljen 4 seasons texture mapping running? I worry that it would cause a conflict. The trees should be fine, but what about the new ground textures he added?

Seemed to work for me, though I disabled it because it tends to bug quite often, his new mask that is. But it is just an adjustable layer that sits on top of the texture files, so it works.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

48 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Wow, well thats depressing. I wish I could unsee how much better the google textures look. But hey, I'm still very, very happy with what we have. It's light years ahead of anything else.

Just did a flight in California. The Google textures were so good it looked like a photo!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

25 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Just did a flight in California. The Google textures were so good it looked like a photo!

word not allowed. Do you think this is something Microsobo could enhance or make better? I know it's not going to ever be as good as Googles data, but Im curious if this is the best we're ever going to have these textures. I came from FSX, so MSFS is like a dream to me, but dang, those Google textures looked good. 

38 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Do you think this is something Microsobo could enhance or make better?

They could buy new imagery. There's another USA update coming next year apparently, maybe they'll update more imagery.

Edited by Tuskin38

XP 11-12 need something like this.

On 11/7/2021 at 8:15 AM, omarsmak30 said:

Well if they see there is good potential in flight sim, pretty sure they won't team up with LR, they will either make their own sim or just buy a company to do that. And I think they don't really have interest in flight sim at all. 

They have a Google "Flight Simulator" in Google Earth maybe since a decade ago, and if Google makes business with my favourite brothel of the corner with the advertisement etc., with Laminar no?

Edited by peloto

Try following some roads or motorways, much clearer and better defined.  Still testing atm but it looks great.  Not sure if it is affecting the waves and water textures though so about to do some coastal flying to find out.  Textures in general are far higher resolution, clearer, and more colourful here in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

We all know that Google has better Satellite Data than Bing.

I am really wondering how long Microsoft allows this external injection of texture data. I mean this is really ‚core‘ element of their whole value proposition, with Azure, Bing and the like. 

It will produce incompatibilities and they can also expect complains from users. ‚Why are your textures so ugly’ We can read this even here…

Edited by urthgental
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, urthgental said:

I am really wondering how long Microsoft allows this external injection of texture data. I mean this is really ‚core‘ element of their whole value proposition, with Azure, Bing and the like. 

And it will increase the demand and complains from users. We can read this even here…

Kind of like Chevy allowing people to put a Ford engine in their cars and still covering under the warranty. What I foresee, is when people do this, and then complain about CDT's, the first suggestion will be to ditch Google Data. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It's really cool to see the level of detail at the ground, it's so incredibly crisp you can almost start identifying the cars. Don't ever recall seeing anything that detailed with Bing.

5xoYGt0.jpg

vykR5fo.jpg

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

14 minutes ago, urthgental said:

It depends where you are in the world. But yes most of the time google is better.