Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS - quick first steps (video)

34 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Thank you Bobby for this great tutorial 👍

Absolute pleasure! It was AIG that had urged me to finally make an account on this forum after lurking for a long time and I have to say the welcome has been very warm, thanks!

• Like 1

As i am little confused regarding accounts:

Should we use our avsim account or create a new one from avsim library account for AIG manager 

thanks

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

3 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

Should we use our avsim account or create a new one from avsim library account for AIG manager 

I used my normal avsim account, worked OK.

• Like 1

Ignore this post

Edited by Phantoms
Removed incorrect info.

James

4 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

It requires a Avsim Library account.

Thanks. Was checking Bobby's great video tutorial and looks like its avsim forum account 

Edited by Seth2021

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

43 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

Thanks. Was checking Bobby's great video tutorial and looks like its avsim forum account

Opps, my bad. Both my forum and library have the same credentials.

James

Great video tutorial, very detailed.

My AI Manager is slow as hell and keeps getting no responding, a little frustrating.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Yeah same here.....Just freezes for me...been doing this now for 4 hours, followed the video 4 bloody times and still just keeps freezing when trying to download the liveries and install.....my head is off......going to call it a day I think and wait until something more stable comes out in 6 years from now....kin roll on!!!

Regards

Paul EGCC

Paul, make sure there aren't any hidden pop up windows (may have to minimize browser and other windows) asking for attention.

James

1 hour ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

I used my normal avsim account, worked OK.

Thanks! and great video tutorial by the way 

I had also also this warning during installation:

Your local windows settings do not allow usage of paths longer than 256 characters! This can cause problems during an installation-process. Should we AIM now enable long paths in your Windows Registry? 

i guess i should say yes ( even that i don't like to mess with Registry settings)

• Like 1

Well bugger me......I have 2 monitors and I had the instruction video on my 2nd monitor, as soon as I shut it down and just used my main monitor bingo......im finally getting somwere and I've installed 2 Airlines....sorry for the rant....hopefully I've got it sorted....

Regards

Paul EGCC

16 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Paul, make sure there aren't any hidden pop up windows (may have to minimize browser and other windows) asking for attention.

Thank you for the advice Phantom!

Regards

Paul EGCC

This is the most obnoxious install process I've had the displeasure to experience.   Need to sign up for 3 different website,  one of them being AVSim file library,  which the registration for is completely broken here.    I'm halfway through making the accounts and I want to hit myself with a hammer and forget about it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

This is the most obnoxious install process I've had the displeasure to experience.   Need to sign up for 3 different website,  one of them being AVSim file library,  which the registration for is completely broken here.    I'm halfway through making the accounts and I want to hit myself with a hammer and forget about it.

This was also my very unhappy experience when attempting to get to grips with the AIG stuff in P3D.  Looks like things haven't got any better with MSFS2020 - getting models off the AVSIM library was an especially painful process for me in P3D with downloads being very slow or more often just freezing.  Will wait for ST.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Worst part is that now I now longer have live AI traffic,  only human traffic.    I no longer have an "trafficAircraft.bgl' file.

It's possible that I inadvertently deleted the file when I changed the file extension it back to it's default file name.

But,  I think the AIG Manager might have deleted,  because in the AIG manager options I clicked to remove some config file in there that I think was listed as "FSX".  

Not certain though.   Either way I am now presented with three choices.   1)Reinstall MSFS,  2) Get the "trafficAircraft.bgl" file from someone,  3) reinstall AIG after going through the hassle of contacting a mod to straighten out my AVsim library registration.

None of those options seem attractive at the moment.