Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Asobo Is The Greatest Flightsim Company In History

When I bought MSFS I came into it knowing that it was 10 year project. Meaning that there would be growing pains but all in all, I am very happy with what Asobo has done with MSFS so far. 

Obviously, there's some frustration by some users due to certain bugs/issues that pop up with every Sim Update but that's part of the growing pains.

When it's all set and done I think Asobo will be regarded as one of the greatest flight sim companies in history. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

the issues with SU7 are totally theirs. of course it is th

Of course it is theirs but the fact that SU7 was released and pushed through our digital throat is a MS deed. There was no need for SU7, it is almost empty (but for the bugs)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

21 hours ago, z06z33 said:

Personally I think they’ve made an amazing sim. People here love to complain about realism and systems etc… Cool….then make a better sim guys, go on,do it make a better sim than Asobo did…. Come on I’m waiting lol…. Seriously most of the folks on here have never even flown a plane yet they complain about flight dynamics…They complain about lack of systems but don’t realize that 99% of the time in normal use we don’t even interact with many systems on the plane, they are just left in the auto position and do their thing…. MSFS was a huge leap in every facet of simming and it’s a long process . For what it’s worth it satisfies a real world airline (me) pilots need for realism. In closing is MSFS the real thing? No but neither is the $40,000,000 simulator we have at the training center… It’s a sim

Exactly!

There's a lot of chronically upset complainers here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

No offence taken @andy1252 You and me are two very different types of simmers but that why we are both here to share, right ? We are a motley crew, aren't we 😉 ? 

Concisely signaling bugs is one thing, but this is not the Zen desk, exchanging ideas and perceptions and even conjectures  with friends is another thing. Not incompatible. Both good. 

As a French, I could go to a French forum, I don't. Much funnier to shoot the air with Germans, Brits, Americans, Dutch, Italians , Canadians etc.  as we have all our own way to see and say things. I was an expatriate almost all my life and I miss it.  

I said once, Avsim is for me like a bar (a dry bar no beer served). There are people you are glad to meet and some that you turn your back to.  Some that you read and some you ignore. Some you agree with, some with you don't.  Thats life. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

22 hours ago, z06z33 said:

Personally I think they’ve made an amazing sim. People here love to complain about realism and systems etc… Cool….then make a better sim guys, go on,do it make a better sim than Asobo did…. Come on I’m waiting lol…. Seriously most of the folks on here have never even flown a plane yet they complain about flight dynamics…They complain about lack of systems but don’t realize that 99% of the time in normal use we don’t even interact with many systems on the plane, they are just left in the auto position and do their thing…. MSFS was a huge leap in every facet of simming and it’s a long process . For what it’s worth it satisfies a real world airline (me) pilots need for realism. In closing is MSFS the real thing? No but neither is the $40,000,000 simulator we have at the training center… It’s a sim

This whole 'make a better sim than Asobo then' pseudo aggressive stance folk have is a little silly. Don't forget we paid Asobo for this sim. Nobody is saying they could do better. They are upset that what they paid for either isn't delivered or (more likely) gets broken.

People will always complain about systems, but that is more to 3PD's. People are complaining at Asobo about the fact they paid for a sim that probably worked somewhat the last update, but now since Asobo can't do QA, their sim is now broken again somehow. Asobo seem to reach out for what the community wants then don't listen. Let's have a beta team, let's not. I realize there is a lot going on under the hood, but there also isn't any consistency.

This whole thread is a troll thread designed to get reaction from people. The title says it all.  You gotta love Avsim - I'm a pilot IRL I know better..

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wildblue said:

MSFS was a huge leap in every facet of simming and it’s a long process . For what it’s worth it satisfies a real world airline (me) pilots need for realism. In closing is MSFS the real thing? No but neither is the $40,000,000 simulator we have at the training center… It’s a sim

This.

"Broken"?

"either it's broken or it ain't.😏"

"This."

the-legend-himself-so-ok.gif

bowing-down-praise.gif

giphy.gif

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

41 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

Asobo seem to reach out for what the community wants then don't listen.

There are a lot of complaints that you can make at Asobo.

But seriously, do you even know that Lockheed Martin doesn't even directly communicate at all with home market users of P3D?  Home market users of P3D are an afterthought to Lockheed Martin, they get whatever table scraps Lockheed Martin feeds them (if you are a commercial or military customer though, then Lockheed Martin will give you attention).  And at the last fight sim expo, Lockheed Martin didn't even say anything to placate the home market users of P3D.  

In contrast, Microsoft/Asobo is a world of difference in communicating to the users of MSFS, compared to Lockheed Martin.  I'm not saying Asobo is perfect at listening to the community.  But compared to Lockheed Martin, Microsoft/Asobo is practically the polar opposite:

1. There is a monthly Q&A on Twitch with Microsoft/Asobo about MSFS
  2. We can upvote topics in the MSFS forums, to let Microsoft/Asobo know what are the most urgent problems, and also force Microsoft/Asobo to address these upvoted topics at the monthly Q&A
  3. They also answer some questions directly from the Twitch chat during the Q&A
  4. They have reacted to our complaints many times in the past and come out with fixes according to our complaints

For 1 to 3 above, Lockheed Martin does none of that.  I'm not even sure Lockheed Martin does 4., since it appears they have tuned out home market users.

Do I think Microsoft/Asobo could communicate even better? Probably.  But Microsoft/Asobo probably have the best communication in comparison to its competition, and it's not even close.

• Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Home market users of P3D are an afterthought to Lockheed Martin, they get whatever table scraps Lockheed Martin feeds them (if you are a commercial or military customer though, then Lockheed Martin will give you attention). 

Isn’t that’s because that is what it’s designed for? 

• Like 2

Stop the arguing back and forth or it's "lights out!" :ph34r:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

There are a lot of complaints that you can make at Asobo.

But seriously, do you even know that Lockheed Martin doesn't even directly communicate at all with home market users of P3D?  Home market users of P3D are an afterthought to Lockheed Martin, they get whatever table scraps Lockheed Martin feeds them (if you are a commercial or military customer though, then Lockheed Martin will give you attention).  And at the last fight sim expo, Lockheed Martin didn't even say anything to placate the home market users of P3D.  

In contrast, Microsoft/Asobo is a world of difference in communicating to the users of MSFS, compared to Lockheed Martin.  I'm not saying Asobo is perfect at listening to the community.  But compared to Lockheed Martin, Microsoft/Asobo is practically the polar opposite:

1. There is a monthly Q&A on Twitch with Microsoft/Asobo about MSFS
  2. We can upvote topics in the MSFS forums, to let Microsoft/Asobo know what are the most urgent problems, and also force Microsoft/Asobo to address these upvoted topics at the monthly Q&A
  3. They also answer some questions directly from the Twitch chat during the Q&A
  4. They have reacted to our complaints many times in the past and come out with fixes according to our complaints

For 1 to 3 above, Lockheed Martin does none of that.  I'm not even sure Lockheed Martin does 4., since it appears they have tuned out home market users.

Do I think Microsoft/Asobo could communicate even better? Probably.  But Microsoft/Asobo probably have the best communication in comparison to its competition, and it's not even close.

I hear you, but we are not talking about LM. That whole situation is way different.

2 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Please turn the lights out! Save power for something more useful!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Please Charlie

Pretty Please Charlie🙂

1d91168c-8111-11e8-bc55-50daf11b720d?sou

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

22 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Isn’t that’s because that is what it’s designed for? 

Yes, sadly, that's what P3D is designed for.  But it's still 50% of the competition for MSFS. 

The flight sim industry for the home market is in a sad state, with only 3 total feasible competitors. And 2 of those competitors are using technology from a decade ago and haven't really caught up to modern technology.

I'm just happy now to finally have a flight simulator that has modernized graphics and is capable of live streaming satellite & photogrammetry (with further treatment by Blackshark AI).  I can finally say, there is a flight simulator that is finally "modern," something I couldn't say 2 years ago.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Doh!  Please don't turn the lights out - I am highly entertained by this thread! 

It is so good I am considering cancelling my Netflix subscription and donating it to Avsim instead.  :biggrin:

Actually... time to donate again anyway I think.  Well worth the money.  :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.