Sign in to follow this  
Ferg

Any update on the SU7 Hotfix?

Just a bit off-topic. Is live weather still a mess for us non-beta testers? 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

What I'd like to know is if the mega stutter every 20 to 30 seconds or so has been solved. Having those annyoing mini-pauses since SU7. Despite G-Sync. Performance was AWESOME before SU7. This stutter is utterly annoying.

2 hours ago, Ferg said:

Thanks for the feedback - out of interest is that throttle bug on the TF-104G still there after the SSW updated their original release?

The throttle bug was driving me crazy on the f104but I asked on another forum and someone told me to assign the throttle to throttle engine number 1. This worked for me, worth a try. Good luck!

• Like 2

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

1 hour ago, dobee51 said:

I hope they don't leave us hanging over Christmas...

I realy don't think, pretty shure we get the hotfix or Patch?  before christmas..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

As I said, I would like to see it released sooner than later in regards to the issues it was intended to fix, which sound like they are fixed, according to feedback I've seen (but not, according to some other feedback, so who really knows). However, I don't really care (personally) when it's released. Sooner than later would be nice. But I would never rush them for anything. I'm just sitting back and waiting. I'd even wait for the next SU update if it came to it.

I know how difficult it can be to fix bugs, and I know how long they can take. I also know the solutions are rarely as obvious as some might think, including the programmers. It's like the widespread assumption that Asobo don't know the difference between AGL and MSL, assuming that they have done no research, despite the fact they are partnered with Meteoblue on the weather system. This isn't necessarily so; a bug is, after all, an unexpected error while seemingly doing things right on the surface, so this specific issue could in fact have been something like variables getting mixed up somewhere, and could have been as "simple" as the coding equivalent of a typo -- but tracing such things is a needle in a haystack at times.

Anyway, I digress slightly. Continuing to wait patiently here.

i agree and happy to wait in normal circumstances but the Easy assistance bug is killing me and rendering my sim unusable !

It's also a bit of a puzzle to me that this particular bug got through the beta testing of SU7 originally unless, as we fear here, they were in a rush to get it out come what may..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ferg said:

unless, as we fear here, they were in a rush to get it out come what may..

Yes, Microsoft set the release date in stone, regardless of what state the planned update was in. This beta and patch is suggesting Microsoft are taking a different tack now, seeing sense, and allowing Asobo the time they need to fix bugs, as undoubtedly Asobo have requested as much as many users, with no set release date this time round.

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

What about the weather when there is no Metar ? Cloudless sky ?

Huh?  Clouds?  I don't know.  I don't look at them things - they are just wisps.  I have just been seeing how far the trees go into the distance, and seeing if I can get the new NX Cub into a supersonic dive (I can't... yet!). :unsure:

in all seriousness, I haven't seen cloudless without METAR data, or I haven't recognised it, but about half of my flights have been with pre-set weather up to now to set up certain scenarios to test.

I still think they should release this patch soon because there is no news filtering in of new show-stopping bugs, and the fixes I mentioned do work and are badly needed. 

In my view, the current batch of fixes are worth any new minor bugs creeping in, and they can fix anything new at the next round anyway - we all know this will be an ongoing thing.
If we wait for perfect we will be waiting for ever.  It seems good enough to go at the moment. 
I have been doing hours and hours of flying with no CTD's or significant issues - it seems mainly to be back as it should be pre-SU7, or slightly better actually if you take the fixed colour banding issue into account (since SU5).
Dare I say it, I am actually enjoying the thing! :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, hvw said:

Just a bit off-topic. Is live weather still a mess for us non-beta testers? 

Is for me from FL220 to FL340, switch to clear skies between these levels and back to live weather outside.

steve southey

I am very, very happy with the beta thus far but I don't think they should release it till the possible confusion with ground level clouds and the overcast sky issue are sorted out. In any case, those of you who haven't opted in are in for some lovely flying when this is officially released.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

25 minutes ago, doublem said:

The Weather feature is a complex system and we are working to solve the issues introduced in 1.21.13.0. Your feedback on the weather system thus far has been helpful for our team while they investigate these issues. The team is well aware of issues impacting the Weather feature and currently working on it.

While some situations tend to mix and create some confusion among the community, here are current cases that we plan on improving further:

• Clouds still at ground level
  • Overcast clouds not being well displayed
  • Transition in Weather changes still not smooth
  • Weather sometime takes time to download

Thank you for your continuous feedback to help improve this feature.

• Upvote 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

I really hope they push this hotfix before the holidays. 

• Like 3

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

10 hours ago, March Hare said:

It does seem like the main issues have been resolved. But I think that is an important point regarding many reporting that the low clouds issue is resolved, while  one or two others are claiming it isn't. If I were Asobo, and more to the point Microsoft, who decide the what and when of releases, I would go with the majority on that and just release it. But are they trying to please absolutely everyone

I continue to believe that experience with weather may have some significant regional differences, and ask that any and all reports on depiction of weather experience, pro or con, specify where the experience occurred. 

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I still think they should release this patch  :smile:

😊 thanks, but no thanks , they must not release this patch until the live weather is not back to what it was and their announcement shows it is far from it

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam