Sign in to follow this  
markturner

track ir

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You are wrong, it does not work fine when you assign a key to enable head tracking. You still can't pause tracking to adjust a control in the cockpit. 

Yeah.  The assign a key is a good fix to get the tracking working again after the receiver loses connection, but the "pause" function being borked is still super annoying!  Did they fix the pause issue in beta anyone know?

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah.  The assign a key is a good fix to get the tracking working again after the receiver loses connection, but the "pause" function being borked is still super annoying!  Did they fix the pause issue in beta anyone know?

I have read that it is now working as intented in the beta but I am not going to install a beta to find out.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Pause is definitely fixed in the beta - works like it did before SU7! That was SO annoying when it re-centered on pause, but with the beta you can pause and it remains locked where you were looking when you hit pause, then when done simply unpause trackIR and goes right back to tracking head movement.

I resisted installing the beta until last week, but finally gave in to fix this very problem.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

56 minutes ago, somiller said:

I resisted installing the beta until last week, but finally gave in to fix this very problem.

Kinda where I'm at.  It's not a I don't like betas thing, it's just I don't have time.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 12/27/2021 at 3:07 PM, Bobsk8 said:

You are wrong, it does not work fine when you assign a key to enable head tracking. You still can't pause tracking to adjust a control in the cockpit. 

I stand corrected - I have never used a pause function.  By fine I meant the head tracking itself worked.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 12/27/2021 at 4:28 AM, Boby said:

Track IR is currently broke. It turns off as soon as you centre the view which makes Track IR completely useless. Maybe this will be fixed somewere next year.

This hasn’t been my experience so far, and I’m not using the beta. So it may depend on configuration.

TrackIR needs to be enabled and the setting usually won’t save, but once enabled it works fine for me in that flight.

Edited by neil0311

45 minutes ago, neil0311 said:

This hasn’t been my experience so far, and I’m not using the beta. So it may depend on configuration.

TrackIR needs to be enabled and the setting usually won’t save, but once enabled it works fine for me in that flight.

He meant t disables head tracking in the flight sim as soon as you use the pause position feature of track ir. Do you use the pause position feature of track ir? Do you have a button assigned to it in the track ir software?

It is broken. And has been since the last update.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

On 12/27/2021 at 8:45 AM, 177B said:

OpenTrack using the Puck from GrassMonkey works perfectly, you can start or stop tracking any time, center, launch after starting. It just works.

Maybe just use OpenTrack with your head set instead of the TrackIR software. It is also super easy to tune the curves.

OpenTrack is free.

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

Would you be able to share your settings,

I am having a hell of a job getting Opentrack working smoothly with MSFS 2020. I also have the puck from GrassMonkey.

I have spent hours this morning trying to dial in the settings & curves, for some reason I just cannot seem to get a decent result.  

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

On 12/27/2021 at 2:45 PM, 177B said:

OpenTrack using the Puck from GrassMonkey works perfectly, you can start or stop tracking any time, center, launch after starting. It just works.

Maybe just use OpenTrack with your head set instead of the TrackIR software. It is also super easy to tune the curves.

OpenTrack is free.

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

You mean, if I forgot to launch the TrackIR and MSFS is running, can I open and use TrackIR while MSFS is already running ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

On 12/28/2021 at 5:45 AM, ryanbatcund said:

it's just I don't have time.

You do know it's not required to actually do the testing and report back. Just install it and fly. All the fixes they have done brings the sim back to fun fun fun. 😃

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

18 minutes ago, RW1 said:

You do know it's not required to actually do the testing and report back. Just install it and fly. All the fixes they have done brings the sim back to fun fun fun. 😃

Providing you don't have to reinstall MSFS when the beta is over. 🙄

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

25 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Oh I understand.  I just mean the time to boot up the PC, sign up for the beta, download it and hope my addons aren't totally out of whack hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

41 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Providing you don't have to reinstall MSFS when the beta is over.

I moved my install to another drive before I did the SU7 hf! Then I uninstalled the hf just to see if it would work. No problems at all. I'm sure ppl had dramas if it was left in the default location then it wiped the whole sim Bob! 

tpewpb-6.png

13 minutes ago, RW1 said:

I moved my install to another drive before I did the SU7 hf! Then I uninstalled the hf just to see if it would work. No problems at all. I'm sure ppl had dramas if it was left in the default location then it wiped the whole sim Bob! 

The bottom line is Asobo broke an add on many people use with their bug infested SU7 update, and now want people to either install a beta with the possibility of a reinstall of MSFS, or live with it That shows how little they respect the simmers in this community. A simple hotfix to fix Track IR is apparently too much trouble for Asobo. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 hours ago, Sphynnx said:

You mean, if I forgot to launch the TrackIR and MSFS is running, can I open and use TrackIR while MSFS is already running ??

Yes you can launch OpenTrack after FS2020 and quit any time or just turn tracking off for a while then back on.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager