Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

All P3D AeroplaneHeaven”s models for free!

Did you see it? From 7.02.22 in ORBX App:

SGuwJZX.jpg

https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com

FSX and P3d ( All versions )
Please note that we no longer build for or support FSX or P3D. You will find all our previous releases for these simulators as FREE DOWNLOADS, exclusively at ORBXshortly, but please remember, there will be NO SUPPORT for those products.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Think they are trying to tell us P3D sim users something? Guess if you have it already better get a back up copy. As for the rest nice to know but never made it to my want list. 

I guess that means no support for those joint venture products they did with Just Flight as well - that is no support - which was pretty woeful (as in we have referred it on do you want a refund?) before MSFS came along anyway!

Still thinking positively - there are thousands and thousands of folk still simming happily with MS2004, FSX and even good old CFS. P3D is nicely settled for me, backuped so I can use it again and again if I need to- yep I can live with AH heading off to the bosom of MSFS. 

Edited by coastaldriver

Ahhh I bought their C-119 in December 😄.

Another proof, they are not enthusiasts like we, the users, but pure business people. But nice, they give it away for free. And if someone needs help, one is better off asking for help here or on other forums. I'm glad we have some good platforms for exchange and still people actively using P3D5.

Dan

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Blaunarwal - I have no angst about this situation any more. I think P3D will get better and more refined but the underlying software architeture means we can dabble and build and do whatever takes your fancy for a long long time yet! It has been over 20 years since MS Combat Flight Sim was ended or never updated. It is still going strong and I never ceased to be amazed the continued output of all those CFS users and enthusiasts with scenery, models paints etc - I would say new stuff in the SOH library for CFS would outnumber any other sim by a factor of at least two to one. IF your still happy with MS2004 then Cal Classic is the go to as well. Goes to show you how businesses continually try to outsmart their customers - maybe they could try actually listening to them now and then!

I am more concerned by WIN11 longer term when support for WIN10 runs out the door. But hey I am still running a machine with WIN7 (Why because on it lives some gems of software that have never been bettered like LOTUS) some decade and half later still runs beautifully!

Edited by coastaldriver
  • Like 2

Yeah this always fascinates me, how people are still using CFS2 and FS2004 and I see how freeware is coming for these sims every day. I have been using flightsims since FS4 and freeware was my main resource until FSX was out for some years. Then at one point about 10 years ago, I started to buy addons. So the old sims have always been living from freeware.

If I would like to use CFS2, how can I get the program today? I had it once but I think I dumped it when I moved 2 years ago. Anyway, my PC has no CD drive. I need to transfer anything to stick first with my old PC. 

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

This probably means that the Caravelle development has been cancelled, unfortunately. Still very nice to give out the items for free. 

16 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

This probably means that the Caravelle development has been cancelled, unfortunately. Still very nice to give out the items for free. 

Yep, annoyingly I think they dropped the P3D Version a long time ago as when I last checked (close to a year ago now I'd think) their updates suggested they were already focusing on an MSFS version, perhaps the reason its taken so long was the decision to switch to MSFS when it already appeared pretty far down the line for P3D (though just speculating as a non-developer).

I'll admit I was very skeptical of the Caravelle already, but then again I had a bad experience with the last AH product I bought, the VC10 professional they did jointly with JF was riddled with bugs in the electrical systems for me that were never fixed despite raising them twice with JF Support (who told me second time round that they notified the relevant devs so I presume someone knew about them), and no v5 version on the immediate horizon. Which is a shame as it had very good potential and was a beauty to hand-fly, I would have flown it far more were it not such a pain to use.

I'm more optimistic with JF's independently developed products after having a good experience with the 146 but less keen on AH, for tubeliners at least. If the Caravelle ever comes out for MSFS I may take a look assuming I do eventually move to the platform in a few years, but I remain skeptical.

Edited by SimeonWilbury

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Not a bad deal if they're free.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

Another proof, they are not enthusiasts like we, the users, but pure business people.

Surely if that were true, they would not be giving anything away.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

12 minutes ago, Chock said:

It's maybe promotion for them. At least the fact they give it for free indicates they are not earning money with it, if they have to give support.

I’m loving this trend. A couple of years from now all the p3d addons will be free! Pmdg and fslabs, your move now.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

A gift is a gift.  No need to try to understand the motives, we're not the one's having to make the decision.  Aeroplane Heaven has supported all the various FS versions for as long as I can remember, they're definitely enthusiasts.  But they have to eat too... hence their switch to MSFS.  They could have simply binned all their FSX/P3D titles, but instead they've decided to spread the wealth so to speak.  So I for one, will say a heartfelt "Thank You" to them.

Mark

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Seriously I hope for them and others who is or was cancelling P3D support that MSFS will not surprisingly flipped away for good by Microsoft someday, you never know. So far, I will avoid MSFS as long as possible.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

5 hours ago, Chock said:

Anything they give away for free, they don't have to support though. It costs money (via an employee) to support a product.

Edit: But I think AH has an obligation to support customers who purchased their P3D products.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM