Sign in to follow this  
Bunchy

SU8 bad stutters on ground

I'm finding SU8 is stuttering every 2 to 3 seconds when taxiing. The white scrolling circle appears in conjunction with the stutters.

It smooths out when airborne.

I have reset my all of my settings but it did not seem to cure it. 

I am using the same settings as for SU7 and that was very smooth.

Anyone else seeing this?

Stu

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

After every update, I usually do the following:

• Reset my "content.xml"
  • Clean out the SceneryIndex .DAT files
  • Rebuild my rolling cache

Just what I do, it seems to work for me...

• Like 1

Faisal Niazi

Just did a taxi and take off, circuit and landing at KASE, no problems no stutters.

Don't forget to go to the content manager there are 8 updates to download there.

Edited by Scimiter

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

The only thing I've had so far is that I use the Wingmaan Modern UI.  It loads it, but it opens with just the picture of the plane in the hanger.  The only option at the bottom is Quit to Desktop or read the release notes. Removed it from the Community folder and everything is fine.

I guess the is a Wingman problem rather than Asobo.

Roy

I just read about that issue here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/nasty-fps-drop-and-lagging-on-take-off-and-landing/459520/158

Essentially, the cure is said to be deleting the content of the "C:\users\YOURNAME\Appdata\Local\FlightSimulator" folder (make backups before). The files are recreated by MSFS, and the user reported on high FPS when on the ground, even in photogrammetry regions.

I applied this too, as I had low FPS (< 20) in PG regions (especially my home region, that is on the manual cache). Still downloading the content, so will report back if it worked after the first test flight with SU 8.

2 hours ago, Scimiter said:

Just did a taxi and take off, circuit and landing at KASE, no problems no stutters.

Don't forget to go to the content manager there are 8 updates to download there.

I don't see any further updates in the content manager, all up to date according to it ..... Update available (0)

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 hour ago, meerkat said:

I just read about that issue here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/nasty-fps-drop-and-lagging-on-take-off-and-landing/459520/158

Essentially, the cure is said to be deleting the content of the "C:\users\YOURNAME\Appdata\Local\FlightSimulator" folder (make backups before). The files are recreated by MSFS, and the user reported on high FPS when on the ground, even in photogrammetry regions.

I applied this too, as I had low FPS (< 20) in PG regions (especially my home region, that is on the manual cache). Still downloading the content, so will report back if it worked after the first test flight with SU 8.

Thanks, I'll give this a go.

Tried the mapscache and json delete...... still stutters badly.

PG on or off, still stutters.

The sim is working on something in the background which is hogging resources.

I'm really disappointed the sim is not useable for me in this state.

Also alarmingly, I appear to be one of only a few suffering this, so I doubt a hotfix will be forthcoming.

It's proper word not allowed. Why must something always be broken?

Before starting  Msfs2020,   always after  driver update or service one open you pc folder right click on 😄 drive or your windows drive goto properties and clean up drive.  This will clear the files that may conflict with the newly installed.  Also clear trash folders and anything that may take resources away from flight sim.

Ymmv

Steve

Also after restart there are going to be stutters until video dx files rebuild themselves

Steve

I had no luck with deleting these files, too. No stuttering, but still quite low FPS in my manually cached PG area. Maybe the manual cache is so much flawed that I will have to delete it and live with the slow loading of PG.

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

Tried the mapscache and json delete...... still stutters badly.

PG on or off, still stutters.

The sim is working on something in the background which is hogging resources.

I'm really disappointed the sim is not useable for me in this state.

Also alarmingly, I appear to be one of only a few suffering this, so I doubt a hotfix will be forthcoming.

It's proper word not allowed. Why must something always be broken?

lock to 30 FPS and turn down the scenery till it runs stutter free. This sim requires serious horsepower CPU and GPU wise.  I have a 5900x and 3080 and only run stutter free locked at 30 FPS and I only have the scenery  at like 200/400.  

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

@Bunchyare you absolutely sure it isn't an incompatible addon? Load it with an empty community folder and see how you get on.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg