Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Flysimware Chancellor released (Beta)

Using vertical speed for climb? If you were, IAS is the preferred way to climb, no chance of stalling (if you stay under the certified ceiling) .

43 minutes ago, lancealotg said:

Using vertical speed for climb? If you were, IAS is the preferred way to climb, no chance of stalling (if you stay under the certified ceiling) .

I was. Using 130 knts climb and perhaps 12o0 at that altitude. I fell asleep. 🙂 Checking Flight aware C414. I'm seeing long distance cruise altitudes between oh 15K and 20K. and usually not that high. 30k would be dang close to the coffin corner continuously I would think. One example:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N414EM

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N79FW/history/20220415/2153Z/KGPM/KCDN

Edited by Adrian123

I see, highest I have taken it up was FL240 I believe. Probably some Asobo limitation. Good info, thanks

On 3/29/2022 at 10:42 PM, ryanbatc said:

Dave not everyone is well spoken or well written!

I married an English major...I get corrected ALL the time lol

Good thing not an English Army Major withe an English major or you would really get ordered around,

Harry Woodrow

38 minutes ago, harrry said:

Good thing not an English Army Major withe an English major or you would really get ordered around,

It tends to be the NCO's - the sergeant majors  that do the ordering around. As a mid rank commissioned officer, the majors tend to be desk jockeys.

• Like 1

I can get the Seneca to FL240 but this bird has longer legs.

I used to regularly fly the Cessna Conquest II at FL350. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_441_Conquest_II

ns

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Beta 1.7 - 

1. The GFC600 has 4 updates:

A. It now holds the ILS once established and does not disarm if the CDI is then fully deflected so it can correct itself if you get offcourse. 
B. VOR's also once established will not disarm if the CDI is fully deflected. 
C. GS and GP armed display labels are have been moved to the bottom right of the armed display window and no longer use both sides.
D. New armed ALTS label in the bottom left of the armed display window that shows the alerter value. And the ALT active display will always show current altitude.
E. VS mode will no more get the pitch wheel stuck from some modes changes.
F. Once you have captured an altitude you can change the alerter value and arm the alerter while still in ALT mode.

2. The radio dimmer light switch now controls the decal lights for the GTN750's, the GFC600 and the A330 transponder buttons.

3. The fuel computer was finished and was working but the last beta 1.6.2 update had the wrong saved fuel state. Fixed.

4. We still had issues with the right fuel selector lever starting in the left tank when loading at the ramp although we had the apron.flt file correct. So this is now fixed.

5. In hybrid mode from the sim options the pilot altimeter baro is in millibars.

6. When disabling the GFC600 master switch the panels A/P OFF light will now enable letting the pilot know the autopilot was disconnected from any other source that does not include the yokes autopilot disconnect button. Also the yokes disconnect button will now disable the GFC600 master autopilot mode.

7. Annunciator test button now includes lights from the alerter. The alerter lights besides the arm light will no longer work on ground or unless the autopilot is on.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 6297J said:

Beta 1.7 - 

1. The GFC600 has 4 updates:

A. It now holds the ILS once established and does not disarm if the CDI is then fully deflected so it can correct itself if you get offcourse. 
B. VOR's also once established will not disarm if the CDI is fully deflected. 
C. GS and GP armed display labels are have been moved to the bottom right of the armed display window and no longer use both sides.
D. New armed ALTS label in the bottom left of the armed display window that shows the alerter value. And the ALT active display will always show current altitude.
E. VS mode will no more get the pitch wheel stuck from some modes changes.
F. Once you have captured an altitude you can change the alerter value and arm the alerter while still in ALT mode.

2. The radio dimmer light switch now controls the decal lights for the GTN750's, the GFC600 and the A330 transponder buttons.

3. The fuel computer was finished and was working but the last beta 1.6.2 update had the wrong saved fuel state. Fixed.

4. We still had issues with the right fuel selector lever starting in the left tank when loading at the ramp although we had the apron.flt file correct. So this is now fixed.

5. In hybrid mode from the sim options the pilot altimeter baro is in millibars.

6. When disabling the GFC600 master switch the panels A/P OFF light will now enable letting the pilot know the autopilot was disconnected from any other source that does not include the yokes autopilot disconnect button. Also the yokes disconnect button will now disable the GFC600 master autopilot mode.

7. Annunciator test button now includes lights from the alerter. The alerter lights besides the arm light will no longer work on ground or unless the autopilot is on.

Alas, this latest version does nothing to correct the behavior of the autopilot when using the PMS GTN.

36 minutes ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Alas, this latest version does nothing to correct the behavior of the autopilot when using the PMS GTN

Make sure when using the PMS GTN that the TDS GTN is NOT running (active) in the background.  If you own the TDS GTN, it is started up automatically when the sim loads, so it takes overt action to turn if off from running.

If you don't own the TDS GTN, Never Mind!  😉

Al

Edited by ark

1 minute ago, ark said:

Make sure when using the PMS GTN that the TDS GTN is NOT running (active) in the background.  If you own the TDS GTN, it is started up automatically when the sim loads, so it takes overt action to turn if off from running.

If you don't own the TDS GTN, Never Mind!  😉

Al

Part of me wishes I had purchased the TDS GTN but I really like the Jepp charts in the PMS version.

I luv that state is saved and the cockpit lighting options once I figured out to hide the levers.  Great fun!

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I received an email from Flysimware this morning pointing to a Beta 1.7.0 update.

What does the update cover?

T45

Ok, its covered in the notes.

Edited by Treetops45

12 hours ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Alas, this latest version does nothing to correct the behavior of the autopilot when using the PMS GTN.

Just in case you didn't see it, note that PMS has a GTN750 update out for SU9

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1