Sign in to follow this  
Frag

Anyone tried the mod to use google map instead of Bing?

7 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Obvious question is -- Where do you fly ?? 😉

I've always just used the mt.google

Pacific NW / Alaska.

sp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

What is this chinese/asian text in the bottom of the mod window?

the creator is Chinese. The text translates to "This software is completely free"

Edited by Tuskin38

12 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Obvious question is -- Where do you fly ?? 😉

I've always just used the mt.google

I fly in the US only.  I had it on the mt.google yesterday and had the pop up tiles in the distance (300 LOD) on a flight from LAS-SFO

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I did a flight from Jamaica to DR. Everything went smoothly. I think it's much better.

Screenshot-102.png

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I fly in the US only.  I had it on the mt.google yesterday and had the pop up tiles in the distance (300 LOD) on a flight from LAS-SFO

That's odd...your system is beefier than mine but I've never seen that (however I don't set over 200 LOD, that may make the difference)

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

Had a look around the GitHub page but couldn’t find any advice on which other apps use the same port. 

https://github.com/derekhe/msfs2020-map-enhancement

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

How about clouds on tiles? For example google tiles are free of clouds? 

Uygar

Best Regards

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Either on his GitHub page, or Flightsim.to, he has instructions how to check if something is using the same network port. In my case it was Microsoft OneDrive. I just pause syncing in OneDrive while I'm flying.  

I looked but wasn't able to find anything.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Could be possible to use powershell:

TCP

Get-Process -Id (Get-NetTCPConnection -LocalPort YourPortNumberHere).OwningProcess

UDP

Get-NetUDPEndpoint -LocalPort YourPortNumberHere).OwningProcess

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

25 minutes ago, spitzer said:

When I tried it last night I flew in clear skies at noon. I didn’t see anything I could not ‘unsee’....if you see what I mean 🙃

17 minutes ago, spitzer said:

I've seen no more baked in clouds with Google than in default so far.   I'm sure there probably are more, but it hasn't been obvious where I've flown.

You have to accept there is no "clean up" on these tiles, but I've really seen no more "defects" in the scenery than in our so-called cleaned up default Bing tiles.

43 minutes ago, spitzer said:

Mod is called Map Enhancement which seems to me is the ground.  May be mistaken but I don't think it has anything to do with clouds.  That's Asobo's area.

If fact I remember from early on when it came out they said leave the Bing Data World Graphics ON.  My understanding is that this scenery goes over the Bing scenery.  It there is a gap in this scenery you will see the Bing scenery that is underneath. 

Roy

6 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

Mod is called Map Enhancement which seems to me is the ground.  May be mistaken but I don't think it has anything to do with clouds.  That's Asobo's area.

Believe he is referring to clouds baked into the ground imagery, which sometimes happens. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

40 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Could be possible to use powershell:

TCP

Get-Process -Id (Get-NetTCPConnection -LocalPort YourPortNumberHere).OwningProcess

UDP

Get-NetUDPEndpoint -LocalPort YourPortNumberHere).OwningProcess

For me this app is unusable, it just causes instant CTDs on loading. I think it is a port conflict, but the developer should find out what common apps use the same port as this app, and find a way for the user to switch to a different port with this app. All the common apps like Avliasoft EFB and PF3 that I use, shouldn't have to be switched off just to run this app. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

For me this app is unusable, it just causes instant CTDs on loading. I think it is a port conflict, but the developer should find out what common apps use the same port as this app, and find a way for the user to switch to a different port with this app. All the common apps like Avliasoft EFB and PF3 that I use, shouldn't have to be switched off just to run this app. 

? I don’t understand. It’s freeware. The guy making this is doing us a favour.

Why not ask your payware vendors to sort their apps out? After all, you’re paying for them.

Or, just accept this isn’t for you....