Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Getting CTD recently more often

21 minutes ago, tull said:

CTD for me pretty much every flight, am sick to bloody death of this simulator......and I am no novicein flight sim......you know what simulator I will be going back to......Im very patiently waiting and then it will be goodbye to fs2020 and good bloody ridence too

You'll love both... I am sure the other will have it's quirks too after release in beta and while it evolves towards stability...

MFS is a rather complex platform in terms of Internet and Cloud services, so, and even like so there were very few occasions since release that this kind of  "massive" CTD spread through users happened. Let's give ASOBO some time... it's holidays too...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

As mentioned by many in this thread and elsewhere, it appears this problem is on the Bing servers side, but - fortunately - not worldwide but apparently essentially Europe, since many in some countries don't understand what we are experiencing and simply report "no problem here".

If you do have frequent CTDs perhaps it would be interesting to list our respective precise locations so as to narrow down geographically the faulty servers:

• Switzerland, Sion (Wallis)
  • UK (indicate exact locations in your posts)
  • Portugal (same)
  • France (same)
  • Where else...?
Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 3

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

1 hour ago, Bernard Ducret said:

As mentioned by many in this thread and elsewhere, it appears this problem is on the Bing servers side, but - fortunately - not worldwide but apparently essentially Europe, since many in some countries don't understand what we are experiencing and simply report "no problem here".

If you do have frequent CTDs perhaps it would be interesting to list our respective precise locations so as to narrow down geographically the faulty servers:

• Switzerland, Sion (Wallis)
  • UK (indicate exact locations in your posts)
  • Portugal (same)
  • France (same)
  • Where else...?

From my experience, Australia -  north of Brisbane heading up towards Cairns. Three CTDs there yesterday, and another today, about 40 minutes out from Archerfield YBAF.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I got a CTD today, I think it was at least six months ago since the last one, got it after adjusting the altimeter.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 minutes ago, Paul K said:

From my experience, Australia -  north of Brisbane heading up towards Cairns. Three CTDs there yesterday, and another today, about 40 minutes out from Archerfield YBAF.

It's everywhere. CYYZ, KMSY and LLBG. Never made it off the ground.

Have they said anything about when it's gonna be fixed? I want to fly, but have a feeling I wouldn't go far and want to avoid the frustration.

2 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

It's everywhere. CYYZ, KMSY and LLBG. Never made it off the ground.

agreed, ran some tests today with my programmer hat on and it is not location specific or add-on specific.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- Jane Whittaker

4 minutes ago, JaneRachel said:

agreed, ran some tests today with my programmer hat on and it is not location specific or add-on specific.

And it can happen at any time.  I have had a few while flying, but I also had two CTD's while downloading updates in the marketplace.  I never had that before.  It was doing nothing else. 

I just left it to download by itself while I made some tea, then on two occasions I found it was back at the windows desktop.

No heat issues or anything.

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Still no crashes for me.

I'd be really interested to see the final report on this bug, why isn't it effecting everyone.

• Like 1

This was posted in the MSFS forum topic this morning:

Guys, please add your physical location (Country/State) to your CTD reports here since it might be that the affected issue is regional and so far we don’t have this data collected for the CTDs.

Since the cloud environment is distributed to many locations, might as well be that some of them are affected, some aren’t.

That (physical location) would be an interesting and useful statistic.  From what I gather, the server you select in sim would only change multi-player and not change the location based server for things like Bing, etc..

After no issues all weekend, today i am yet to complete a flight, One instance of the memory CTD, and 2 CTD's with no warning but a freeze of the picture and gone..... Given up for the day.

Locations were : LGKR Crashed during set up for flight

Second departed LGKR CTD just before the Italian Alps

Third EDDM -EGPH CTD just off the NE UK Coast

The other thing i noticed with the last flight was there was no one else anywhere between leaving Munich and the CTD over the UK. it's as if live traffic etc was off, yet the ground and cities were still populating fine, so there must have been some form of feeds, Weather seemed correct as well.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Some sources tell me that ASOBO informatic engineers are fiddling the solution and would have a fix in the coming days, would be announced when released, patch known internally as "buy X-Plane 12".

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

had two CTD's while downloading updates in the marketplace

That one is especially interesting!
They want to us to tell them locations and it crashed already in the user interface. 😌

• Like 2