Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

So you really really like Milviz's 310?

12 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

The 310 has working breakers that will pop with misuse - there is a failure model (can be disabled).  Basically, abusing your aircraft will cause things to fail. 

Those are the two realistic differences between this MSFS 310 the FSX/P3D 310 model. 

When flying them they seem pretty much the same to me as I had two iterations back then, one with RXP GNS and one with RXP GTN.  I logged 236 hours in the FSX model (updated version) and have logged 78 hours in the MSFS model so far.  It too is my go to MSFS GA aircraft for 2 to 3 hour "get there" flights at 12,000 and below in the USA mainland.  I still do jump into the DA62 with G1000Nxi from time to time.

You will find me in the SWS Kodiak 100 when island hopping, and the Carenado 337 when sightseeing from place to place.  My longer distance flights are all in the Hjet.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

The only reason I hesitate to buy is because I prefer the panel of their 310 in P3D:

The GNS panel was nice in P3D.. the GTNXi panel is much better in MSFS.. at least to my eyes,,

• Like 1

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The GNS panel was nice in P3D.. the GTNXi panel is much better in MSFS.. at least to my eyes,,

The PMS GTN 750 works great.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

The PMS GTN 750 works great.

I'm sure it does, but the surrounding GTN bezel is not Milviz' finest work..

I have been harping on this since they released it, but they are brushing me off..

Luckily, the GTNXi bezel is new and much better 😉

• Like 1

Bert

Just came to think of one thing. With so many knowledgeable enthusiasts gathered here. I tried to do a takeoff from a short field somewhere near Seattle the other day in the 310. And just after liftoff the flight ended abruptly with the message that I overstressed the engine. Anyone had this? 

Can't remember the name of the field though. It's one of Asobo's enhanced ones I think. And yeah, it was probably crazy to think I could get out of there in the 310. Just wanted to give it a try. It is a sim after all. 

EDIT: It was OG20 Fairways Airport just south of Portland actually. The longest runway is 2900ft / 884m. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I'm sure it does, but the surrounding GTN bezel is not Milviz' finest work..

I have been harping on this since they released it, but they are brushing me off..

Luckily, the GTNXi bezel is new and much better 😉

I just don't like being slaved to the Garmin Trainer, reminds me of the Flight 1 GTN days. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

40 minutes ago, fppilot said:

...  I still do jump into the DA62 with G1000Nxi from time to time.

Call it the power of suggestion on my subconsious mind, but ever since @Bert Pieke mentioned how he found the DA62 cockpit made him feel constrained, I can't get over the same feeling too. So now I'm hoping that developer comes up with the DA42 Twin Star which has very nice cockpit views.

Carenado has the Twin Star available in P3D: DA42 TWIN STAR FSX/P3D – Carenado

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

22 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Just came to think of one thing. With so many knowledgeable enthusiasts gathered here. I tried to do a takeoff from a short field somewhere near Seattle the other day in the 310. And just after liftoff the flight ended abruptly with the message that I overstressed the engine. Anyone had this? 

Can't remember the name of the field though. It's one of Asobo's enhanced ones I think. And yeah, it was probably crazy to think I could get out of there in the 310. Just wanted to give it a try. It is a sim after all. 

EDIT: It was OG20 Fairways Airport just south of Portland actually. The longest runway is 2900ft / 884m. 

A Cessna 310 can't get out of a 2900 ft strip at near sea level?  Were you heavy or something like that?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

A Cessna 310 can't get out of a 2900 ft strip at near sea level?  Were you heavy or something like that?

Can't remember. I usually only take my trusted co-pilot and 50% of fuel. I suspected that there was not enough runway length, but I was able to lift off and just about clear the treetops. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

14 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Can't remember. I usually only take my trusted co-pilot and 50% of fuel. I suspected that there was not enough runway length, but I was able to lift off and just about clear the treetops. 

"As real as it gets.."  Can get pretty intense at times..😉

• Like 2

Bert

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

"As real as it gets.."  Can get pretty intense at times..😉

I know. Guess I should settle down and RTFM lol. And the other day I overstressed the Caravan engine to the point of it dissolving into the engine oil. Good times though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I had this and it turns out one of the doors was still open.  The next time after I made sure all of the doors were closed, no issues.  I do not know if this is a milviz failure or an Asobo.   Even though a door or doors were open I think the error still says that you over stressed the  engine for some strange reason.

Mike

Taking off from a grass strip would have a bit more friction and if it was hot or you were heavy - could have been realistic to not make that takeoff.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

@Mike62 This could very well be it. I can't remember all the times I've forgotten to close the door / storm window (is that what it's called?) just when I quickly want to get up in the air. IIRC the Milviz saves the aircraft state, and I usually end my flights with the door open. 

13 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Taking off from a grass strip would have a bit more friction and if it was hot or you were heavy - could have been realistic to not make that takeoff.

In addition, this field has trees all around it.. tricky!

Bert