Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

XP12: the good, the bad, the ugly

37 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I am not a "doomsayer" . I don't think Xplane is going to die but you will see less and less 3rd party creating content for it because there is less possible buyers. This is when a platform start to get in trouble. Just like P3D right now. There is no more next stuff or very little.

Lot of people migrating from ms to xplane. Isnt a problem.we dont need 2 ms sims. Ones enough

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

this one ?

s7JSjrv.png

The above one isn't THIS way off 😀:

spacer.png

I did this photo on 21. Sept. 2009 on my flight from home to GCFV.

Of course the screenshot from XP 12 is a bug - however it is out since only 2 days (early access) - so, nothing to worry about.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

49 minutes ago, oldflyguy70 said:

What neither community needs are more trolls. 

Thats demeaning to Trolls, they are cute and cuddly and live under mushrooms, havnt you seeing the movie.

3 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

I think Xplane 3rd party are no longer selling their addons so maybe XP12 will bring a new revenue stream for them. XP12 is in a dire situation as I think they might just go commercial only in the future. The desktop market has shrunk so much.

I don't know how long you've been as an X-Plane user, but I wouldn't worry too much. In X-Plane 10 you barely had any commercial developers. In the beginnings of X-Plane 11 there were scarse options as well. The best started to come 3 years ago or so, when X-Plane 11 was at versions 11.20-11.30. 

X-Plane 12 will mature and grow, and if some developers don't return, new ones will come. It's not the end of the world. I've been an X-Plane user since version 5. This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.

Edited by evaamo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Enrique Vaamonde

3 minutes ago, evaamo said:

I don't know how long you've been as an X-Plane user, but I wouldn't worry too much. In X-Plane 10 you barely had any commercial developers. In the beginnings of X-Plane 11 there were scarse options as well. The best started to come 3 years ago or so, when X-Plane 11 was at versions 11.20-11.30. 

X-Plane 12 will mature and grow, and if some developers don't return, new ones will come. It's not the end of the world. I've been an X-Plane user since version 5. This isn't a spring, it's a marathon.

I've been a user since 10 when X-plane was cutting edge. Now it just fell behind. Also the cost of addons on Xplane is much higher than other platform because Dev needs to eat and pay the rent which makes the platform less appealing.  Yes, people that have been on the platform for a extended period of time will continue but at lot that I know have jump ship and they will never come back. 

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

they will never come back. 

An extremist view... considering XP12 has been published in early state for hours. Time will tell, I guess.

Fortunately, there are options out there; I would hate to have these poor souls forced to use XP12 if there weren't!

If anything, after the dust settles and the trolls get tired of beating the "dead horse" called XP12, we should be able to breathe fresher air in this and other flightsim forums, and those of us who enjoy it can return to have constructive conversations again. One can only hope.

• Upvote 3

Enrique Vaamonde

22 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

know have jump ship and they will never come back. 

Hmm XPlane users are for more demanding of there addons, which is why a certain mob left. Just flight are just waiting on 12, no point on adding new planes till its ready. Makes perfect sense. A lot of planes from 11 dont need much to move to 12, a lot are already updated. Was also just mentioned a lot of autogen planned for 12 isnt in the current beta, Makes sense as they need to sort out bugs and performance, so its a stupid thing to compare a pre-release beta with the other. People are always changing back and forth. Sometimes a bit of pride wont let them when they proved wrong.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Hmm XPlane users are for more demanding of there addons, which is why a certain mob left. Just flight are just waiting on 12, no point on adding new planes till its ready. Makes perfect sense. A lot of planes from 11 dont need much to move to 12, a lot are already updated. Was also just mentioned a lot of autogen planned for 12 isnt in the current beta, Makes sense as they need to sort out bugs and performance, so its a stupid thing to compare a pre-release beta with the other. People are always changing back and forth. Sometimes a bit of pride wont let them when they proved wrong.

so if they don't need much why are they charging 20$ for the upgrade like Rotate or FF ?

• Like 2

Can't wait to see videos of ground equipment in action. Fuel trucks have been revamped. I'm curious of what the catering trucks look like Could we see things like company service vans , and trucks?  Fire apparatus? My far fetched ideas are:  snow removal, mowing the lawn, active tractor trailers for cargo. follow me cars, and small trucks.

3 hours ago, UKflyer said:

bad: what XP12 has to compete with 😄

I am enjoying it immensely.  Bit of Orbx UK otherwise default aircraft/weather.

Nice layer of alto-cumulus with a lower layer of cumulus.

Orbx3.png

Visibility effects are superb - lovely haze!

Orbx4.png

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

54 minutes ago, evaamo said:

X-Plane 12 will mature and grow, and if some developers don't return, new ones will come. It's not the end of the world. I've been an X-Plane user since version 5. This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.

I have purchased three addons in the first two days!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, uwespeed said:

The above one isn't THIS way off 😀:

spacer.png

I did this photo on 21. Sept. 2009 on my flight from home to GCFV.

Of course the screenshot from XP 12 is a bug - however it is out since only 2 days (early access) - so, nothing to worry about.

wow. cool picture though. i like it.

12 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I have purchased three addons in the first two days!

Well that’s that settled then, XP will survive 😬 

• Like 2

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Well that’s that settled then, XP will survive 😬 

I think I'll need to buy some more if its a solo effort 😁

• Like 1