Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Aircraft and Avionics Beta now available

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

It's actually Latin...

Well if we’re going really far far back, it’s actually human. 😬

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JYW said:

Unless something drastic has changed, you shouldn't remove either of the listed WT GN430/530 entries in Content Manager.

One is used solely for default MSFS aircraft, the other is the optional (Marketplace) version, that you need if you want the WT GNS430/530s to replace the older, stock 430/530s in 3rd party planes.

12 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

@JYW Has the correct information, yes.

Only select default aircraft are receiving the new GNS in AAU1. If you want to use it on other planes, you must also have the Marketplace package installed.

In other words...keep both installed?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

59 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Could someone point me to a good tutorial on how to program the newly-revised Longitude FMC, including VNAV altitude and speed restrictions? I'm fairly competent at programming the FMC on the PMDG 737. But the Longitude works a little differently. Thanks!

Here is a start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PibSXJVtoU

Currently, import of .pln flight plans into the Garmin is bugged, so you will need to enter the flight plan manually. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Here is a start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PibSXJVtoU

Currently, import of .pln flight plans into the Garmin is bugged, so you will need to enter the flight plan manually. 

Thank you, @Ricardo41. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Well if we’re going really far far back, it’s actually human. 😬

Indo-German to be precise, that's the oldest common language that Latin can be traced back to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flyblueskies said:

Yes.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

If you want to use them on planes other than the ones it comes in by default in AAU1, then yes. Else, no.

• Like 1

I'm wondering why this thread isn't attracting more attention. 

Seriously, every simmer should do him/herself the favor and install this upgrade package asap. It'll change your simming experience. I guarantee it. 

Especially, since a lot of folks where moaning and groaning about the Longitude - the Longitude has pretty much moved from the bottom of the (default) plane pile to a top spot.

And for all the people thinking: it's just the WT mod with a few pages added. Trust me. It's not. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm wondering why this thread isn't attracting more attention. 

Seriously, every simmer should do him/herself the favor and install this upgrade package asap. It'll change your simming experience. I guarantee it. 

Especially, since a lot of folks where moaning and groaning about the Longitude - the Longitude has pretty much moved from the bottom of the (default) plane pile to a top spot.

And for all the people thinking: it's just the WT mod with a few pages added. Trust me. It's not. 

It will gain much more traction when it is officially released in January. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

MSFS beta sees to be moving towards the spot DCS beta is... the version most players actually use because it's just as functional as the stable one yet brings in the latest bells and whistles 😅

• Like 2

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

19 minutes ago, iborg1979 said:

MSFS beta sees to be moving towards the spot DCS beta is... the version most players actually use because it's just as functional as the stable one yet brings in the latest bells and whistles 😅

You might be right! I vowed never to join the beta's, especially after the early beta horror stories. However, watching a few AAU beta videos on YT and seeing some of the posts and images in this thread, including @ryanbatc, I could not resist and became one of those beta testers. Who really wants to wait for those avionics updates when they are so good, especially at this time of the year when I might have just a little more time on my hands to actually enjoy them. By the time this is released to the mainstream in Jan, we might all be back at work.

AAU is one of the best updates this sim has ever had IMO. It is good/stable enough to go live.

• Like 4

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

It’s a good beta but not quite ready for release. Some fun bugs - open the door on the TBM in any of the official livelier except the default one, and see what happens 🙂 

Not anyone's fault (besides Cessna's maybe!), but my problem with the Longitude is how small the cockpit labels are. I just can't read them without seriously zooming in. Don't have that issue in other aircraft.

I normally stay out of the SU betas until there’s some confirmation that nothing major is broken but jumping into this beta was a no brainer.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU