Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

ATR is out

5 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

I noticed after I started my initial climb, a "red" PULLUP advisory illuminated and remains on throughout the flight. Not sure if this is normal.

JUST had this...might be a bug. 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

If we're really going to feel bad about Milviz pulling out, why don't we go back to Jorg and ask him  to get the ATR up to "study level"? There's no doubt in my mind that MS has made a ton of money from it. Feels like everybody and their mother has one so I think it can happen. Jorg has shown himself to be very open to suggestions on the content side of things. People asked and he gave all Premium Deluxe owners a lifetime discount on MS products. People asked and we got a study level A310 for FREE. WT has done incredible work that we benefit from for free. If Milviz won't do it, ask Jorg to do it. The plane is pretty good out the gate anyway, so it's not like they have to start from scratch.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

9 hours ago, chapstick said:

Microsoft had massive resources to pour into this project, subsidizing it to the point that no third party dev could possibly compete on price. 

Let me point out a couple of things here: MSFS is a secondary market for Milviz. Their core business is professional simulation and (I'm quoting their own website here) their clients include: USAF, US Navy, USAF ROTC, NATO, Lockheed Martin, CAE, etc... Do you really think a company with these types of contracts does not have substantial resources? But of course, in this context it's more comfortable for them to paint themselves as poor semi-amateur developer who cannot compete with big bad Microsoft and their deep pockets.

Second (and this is the third time I point this): Milviz were doing the -500 version while Asobo was doing the -600. They have totally different cockpits, different engines and different performance, so their logic makes as much sense as arguing they won't develop a 737-200 because other developer is doing the -300...

Edited by GentleGroove
Typo
  • Like 2

LPMA

5 minutes ago, GentleGroove said:

But of course, in this context it's more comfortable for them to paint themselves as poor semi-amateur developer who cannot compete with big bad Microsoft and their deep pockets.

You think MilViz and Microsoft have comparable resources to throw at a project? Ok man.

7 minutes ago, GentleGroove said:

Second (and this is the third time I point this): Milviz were doing the -500 version while Asobo was doing the -600.

You sure about that?

Screenshot_9878

5 minutes ago, chapstick said:

You sure about that?

My bad, I was pretty sure it was, I stand corrected.

6 minutes ago, chapstick said:

You think MilViz and Microsoft have comparable resources to throw at a project? Ok man.

Comparable resources? No. But since neither of us knows how much MS invested in this, it's pure speculation. But do I think Milviz as a company has enough resources to finish their ATR? Yes, absolutely, and it's not MS that's keeping them from doing it. 

Maybe when they finish the Turbo Otter, the Boeing 737-200, the A1-H, the C-130J, the F-100, F-15C, the F-4, the F-86, the T-38A, the SR-71, the T-6, the UH-1H and the UH-60 (or at least whatever doesn't end up as vaporware from this list) they can scrape a few pennies to finish the ATR.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

LPMA

On 5/1/2023 at 1:23 AM, Farlis said:

No it's not. That's why it's part of the "expert" series.

On 5/1/2023 at 7:00 AM, Tuskin38 said:

You cannot use the map screen to load a flight plan, you either have to do it manually or create one on simbrief.

Thanks both for this info , appreciated.

Does this aircraft have interactive checklists on the MFD?  It looks like it does, but I can’t figure out how to use them or advance through the checklist.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Does this aircraft have interactive checklists on the MFD?  It looks like it does, but I can’t figure out how to use them or advance through the checklist.  

The easiest way is to use the hidden click spots on the MFD screen itself.  There is a picture showing where to click on the EFB aircraft tab.  Alternatively, you can use the arrow buttons on the center console to advance and select items in the MFD, but the click spots are much easier to use.

• Like 2

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Can anyone add a flight plan without the FMC crashing and taking all the avionics with it? It will either do weird stuff like add the same few waypoints ten different times adding tens of pages to the flight plan or it will just create a discontinuity which is not recoverable and the whole system goes haywire after that... It's a good enough plane and I have to say although it's not at Majestic Q400 levels of systems detail, it is much better than the old flight 1 ATR so I would definitely enjoy island hopping in it if I could get the FMC not to crash even once....

Edited by Makinen11

Just now, Makinen11 said:

Can anyone add a flight plan without the FMC crashing and taking all the avionics with it? It will either do weird stuff like add the same few waypoints ten different times adding tens of pages to the flight plan or it will just create a discontinuity which is not recoverable and the whole system goes haywire after that... It's a good enough plane and I have to say although it's not at Majestic Q400 levels of systems detail, it is much better than the old flight 1 ATR so I would definitely enjoy island hopping in it if I could get the FMC not to crash even once....

• Like 2

They said on the Dev Q&A yesterday that there should be a patch out next week.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gilandred said:

The easiest way is to use the hidden click spots on the MFD screen itself.  There is a picture showing where to click on the EFB aircraft tab.  Alternatively, you can use the arrow buttons on the center console to advance and select items in the MFD, but the click spots are much easier to use.

Thank you!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Thanks for the link, I had it in my to do list but never had the time. It shouldn't crash though, there's a long list of serious bugs that hopefully will get fixed with the first update. I think the worst one is the engines dying when switching cross feed on and off.

Are the Pilot & Co-pilot FMS's not synced', they do not appear to be. When I setup the Pilot FMS I thought the data would be automatically transferred to the Co-pilot side. I guess I have to manually setup the Co-Pilot FMS?

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

8 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Are the Pilot & Co-pilot FMS's not synced', they do not appear to be. When I setup the Pilot FMS I thought the data would be automatically transferred to the Co-pilot side. I guess I have to manually setup the Co-Pilot FMS?

I noticed that as well. I couldn’t find any way to cross-fill the flight plan. 

Eddie
KABQ