Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

ATR is out

11 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, that is a fact.  But it goes on the world over and there is nothing we can do about it.  That's business.  It's tough sometimes.

Actually we can do something about it by providing constructive criticism without trying to be silenced by other users saying that it’s only $20 and that we should be thankful to daddy Microsoft for blessing us with this product.

17 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Actually we can do something about it by providing constructive criticism without trying to be silenced by other users saying that it’s only $20 and that we should be thankful to daddy Microsoft for blessing us with this product.

So many agenda in one brief sentence. 😏

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, chapstick said:

I have not seen anybody try to 'silence' others.  Seems a bit dramatic.  No posts have been deleted have they? 

Seems like some people don't like opposing viewpoints though, so that is a bit ironic. :smile:
The ATR has had plenty of constructive criticism, and needs an update - no argument.

I have no loyalty to either 'Daddy' Microsoft or Blackbird. 
They are Corporate entities, and Blackbird might are a good developer, but they are not personally bothered about me or many others; they are just another business trying to make money.  Nothing wrong with that of course.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 8

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I have never seen a third party aircraft pounded on so much because it didn't meet peoples expectations of how they think it should fly, rather than how it actually does fly in real life.
Even some 'professional' YouTubers waded in on it based on what others had said, and then added their own misconceptions.  How many didn't use the 'state' knob, or didn't calibrate the throttles correctly?  Clear USER ERROR - not the plane.

I know there are some great freeware aircraft out there, but this is the best tenner I have ever spent on payware.
Just £10!  (maybe £16 for others without MSFS Ultimate etc.) And some people still want to compare it to ATR's in previous sims, such as the Flight1 ATR.  :rolleyes:  About $35 wasn't it?

My sentiments exactly! There really is a LOT of functionality built into this "budget" addon. I'd say it's more complex (to operate) than the A320 or B738 - a completely different way of doing things. For all its complexity, I've had no major problems or CTDs with it (having been warned about adding airways into the FMC). Throttle & reversers setup was a pain, but I got there in the end!

Having digested the YT videos, I'm finding the ATR less of a challenge now, but still hugely rewarding. It's such an *elegant* aircraft as well!

• Like 8

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

29 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

such an *elegant* aircraft

is that a fact or an opinion. 😀

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Guys there‘s shades between black and white. It‘s perfectly fine - even for one individual person - to say that the ATR is absolutely worth its price and fun to fly and people should at least know how the real aircraft works before doing a video review, but also that at the same time „expert“ label was false advertising, it has been released in a buggy state and there‘s missed potential. None of these points contradict the other. I know the internet is mostly black and white and full of extremes, but come on Avsim can do better.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

is that a fact or an opinion. 😀

Man. You’re making all this noise over a $12.99-$19.00 addon?  Seems a bit much to me, but that is just my opinion and that too is a fact. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I know Avangel comes on here, but her review of the ATR was very poor on this occasion. 
I know she has a certain style of just diving in, but this is one aircraft where you simply can't do that.

I am a huge fan of hers, and I had the same reaction to her video. It's far enough outside her wheelhouse I felt she needed a few acclimation flights before her video.

Like you said, her style is "lets just give this a go, shall we" and it works for aircraft that have similar characteristics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Guys there‘s shades between black and white. It‘s perfectly fine - even for one individual person - to say that the ATR is absolutely worth its price and fun to fly and people should at least know how the real aircraft works before doing a video review, but also that at the same time „expert“ label was false advertising, it has been released in a buggy state and there‘s missed potential. None of these points contradict the other. I know the internet is mostly black and white and full of extremes, but come on Avsim can do better.

Exactly! I love the plane, so much fun to fly. At the same time I wish some of the bugs were ironed out. Overall I don’t regret my purchase for a second

• Like 3

Tyson Rose

2 hours ago, btacon said:

You’re making all this noise over a $12.99-$19.00 addon?

really?

on April 25, turboxmax said:

""at € 12.99 an incredible steal, only possible through MSFS/Joerg Neumann."

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 hours ago, btacon said:

Man. You’re making all this noise over a $12.99-$19.00 addon?  Seems a bit much to me, but that is just my opinion and that too is a fact. 

I think you took him the wrong way there chap!  He didn't mean it that way.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

21 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I think you took him the wrong way there chap!  He didn't mean it that way.

Indeed I did. Thank you for that course correction bobcat and sincere and heartfelt apologies to turbmax. 

Mea Culpa! 😎

• Like 3

2 hours ago, turbomax said:
  3 hours ago, btacon said:

You’re making all this noise over a $12.99-$19.00 addon?

Turbomax, clearly, it was I who was “Making Noise”, not you.  I will try to do better next time!

Edited by btacon

I was just about to ask about "performance Data" for this Aircraft and stumbled across this website. Seems really cool, has performance Data conveniently displayed in a Chart format by "Flight Phase" or "Performance Table" Format for pretty much any Aircraft, https://contentzone.eurocontrol.int/aircraftperformance/details.aspx?ICAO=AT72

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

I noticed after I started my initial climb, a "red" PULLUP advisory illuminated and remains on throughout the flight. Not sure if this is normal.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |