Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

ATR is out

Hi fellow simmers,

it is normal once you reach cruise level the power management dial cannot be turned back to climb.  If you want to change cruising altitude you have to do it in the cruise power management selection?

For those new to the ATR or flight sim in general, you can glean some great info from Magnar's videos..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Is anyone else struggling to do a turnaround flight with the ATR, I've landed at my destination and now ready to fly again, entered all the FMC stuff yet it wont let me confirm t/o data at all. 

Liam Carbin

I'm having some strange issues this evening. The aircraft won't accelerate past 180kts in CRZ and the throttle levers have stopped working. Levers are currently stuck in the notch and I'm 50 nm from TOD. I might need to call McGyver.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

15 hours ago, Shrek1970 said:

Hi fellow simmers,

it is normal once you reach cruise level the power management dial cannot be turned back to climb.  If you want to change cruising altitude you have to do it in the cruise power management selection?

No, it can be dialed back to climb.

If you want to change the VNAV cruise alt you have to do it in the box. If you don't care about the VNAV cruise alt, you can just do it in the window.

The knob is only a power setting. It adjusts your Np and limits torque, so you can't overspeed the propellers or blow up the engine.

5 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

I'm having some strange issues this evening. The aircraft won't accelerate past 180kts in CRZ and the throttle levers have stopped working. Levers are currently stuck in the notch and I'm 50 nm from TOD. I might need to call McGyver.

What throttle are you using? On the MSFS official forums there's currently an issue noted with the Thrustmaster TCA where the throttles are stuck in RAMP when the engine mode goes from TO to Climb or Cruise. See here: ATR regression - Axis between Notch and Ramp is bugged with reverser [TCA] - Bug Reports / Aircraft & Systems - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

34 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

What throttle are you using? On the MSFS official forums there's currently an issue noted with the Thrustmaster TCA where the throttles are stuck in RAMP when the engine mode goes from TO to Climb or Cruise. See here: ATR regression - Axis between Notch and Ramp is bugged with reverser [TCA] - Bug Reports / Aircraft & Systems - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Yeah I use the TCA. I wasn't aware of the bug so cheers for that.

20 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Well TCA working fine here not an issue 😉

André

10 hours ago, astro_liam said:

Is anyone else struggling to do a turnaround flight with the ATR, I've landed at my destination and now ready to fly again, entered all the FMC stuff yet it wont let me confirm t/o data at all. 

I have not been able to achieve a turnaround flight yet. Can’t enter a Transition Altitude (reverts back to 18000) and like you FMC won’t let me confirm data. 

I would like to know what I am doing wrong or if it is a bug.

• Like 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

5 hours ago, El Diablito said:

Keep an eye on the other gust lock 🙂 called 'Idle Gate'. My first flight after the update I went into the menu to pause the sim, when I returned (out of the menu) the Idle gate mysteriously was activated (small T handle on pedestal - pushed in). The throttle wouldn't go to idle anymore. I have a TCA as well.

737NG driver has a new youtube video with working weather radar?! It appeard to work. Anyone else seen this work? I haven't even turned it on as I assumed it wouldn't work yet.

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

1 hour ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

737NG driver has a new youtube video with working weather radar?! It appeard to work. Anyone else seen this work? I haven't even turned it on as I assumed it wouldn't work yet.

Yes it has worked since the ATR's launch.

it's the same weather radar the sim has had since launch.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Any further thoughts on the FTSim sound pack? 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have weather radar working fine in the ATR (not sure about other aircraft). Just be aware that it shows *rainfall* - not just any clouds.

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Yes it has worked since the ATR's launch.

it's the same weather radar the sim has had since launch.

Got it, thanks mate 🙂🍻

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11