Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

Are You An MSFS One Trick Pony?

I am an MSFS one trick pony just as I was a P3D one trick pony, a FSX one trick pony and so on all the at back to the eighties. I ALWAYS prefered to fly ONE plane and get to know it inside out and then to keep on using that knowledge to simply enjoy my flying. To me that also feels more as if I own that plane: I am sure there are people who own multiple planes in real life but for me it feels more realistic to fly one plane and make it all 'mine'.

This doesn't mean I never fly another plane. I just rarely switch planes. I flew the Majestic Q400 in Norway (P3D) only for years. Literally. In MSFS I am less steady: I am currently flying the Longitude after flying nothing but the Fenix A320 for a long time. In between I flew the Vision Jet but I parked that one until the update has been released. I do plan on flying the VJ 2.0 for months to come though... (Altough... I have to say that Longitude is really good...)

Once I am totally into a plane I simply don't feel like getting used to another again. I like to control the plane I am flying as much as I can and only flying one plane for months and months (if not years) helps. Switching planes everyday sounds utterly boring to me (odd as that may sound). I would never have the idea I totally 'own' that plane (in all possible meanings).

• Like 2

Yep I stick to one plane and that’s the Fenix A320, I fly in real time, real weather ….love it😄👍

• Like 2

Regards

Paul EGCC

1 hour ago, tull said:

Yep I stick to one plane and that’s the Fenix A320, I fly in real time, real weather ….love it😄👍

yep iam the same , but really trying and failing to prise myself off by using either the ATR and Chancellor well for 5 minutes anyway ! problem i have is that my set up is totally geared towards the Airbus and it feels abit weird when i try something else lol.

• Like 2

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

I am an MSFS one trick pony just as I was a P3D one trick pony

Realair Duke turbine in P3D. C414 in MSFS now the HJET. Weekends is when I get to fly so I would rather spend that time getting good at flying one plane.

• Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

After reading this thread, I decided to Install the Google Map Mod today, and finally got it working. Then I got the Cessna 310 out of the hangar and have been flying low and slow in France and Atlanta area.  Looks great. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Mostly the ATR right now since I just bought it, for $12 pretty good, but wouldn't have been happy for like $40 or so.

Just nuances with the AP system, it wants to dive at the ground unless you set the elevation manually every time. It seems to sometimes reset on overspeed conditions, so you gotta fly under the speedlimit.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

One trick? Nah. I have a list below and I fly all of them for several weeks then fly something else. Usually after their updates. Like today: PMDG 737 900 and the DC6 will be taken out for a bit.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Last night was in the V Tail Bonanza, tomorrow if I get up early enough, will take the Tiger Moth up and join a group flight.

That used to be the case for me. In FS2002 is was mostly the Baron 58, in FSX I was almost exclusively in the Baraon again and that trend continued when MSFS released. Then some really cool planes started to get released and the AAUs started dropping so that enticed me to start trying new things more. Lately I've been flying the default longitude while trying to come to grips with the ATR.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I like to support other devs so I pretty much buy every aircraft that gets released with the exceptions being ... well you know.

Of course I spend a lot of time in our H145, but I always come back to the following as well when I have time:

• MilViz's 310
  • IFE's F-35
  • FlightFX's HJet and VisionJet
  • Asobo's 787 and G36
  • SimWorkStudios Kodiak
  • P42 FreedomFox
  • GotFriends Wilga

Just a shortlist of some of my favorites, omission of an aircraft doesn't mean I don't like it. I didn't list any of the the other helicopters I fly since all those developers are friends and I don't want to stir up any drama for leaving anyone out 😄

• Like 1

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

I'm a low and slow, enjoy the scenery guy, so I mainly fly the Diamond DA62 when I fly. 

But I tried the SDK and learned how to create scenery.  I have now populated several airports that didn't have anything there and also created my own home heliport and a 2800 ft airport across the street.  Now learning Blender to replace those autogen buildings.  To me, this is the most enjoyable part of the sim.

Roy

• Like 3

Well more into GA stuff after two decades airliners it's not so study level anymore 😨 (so sometimes the Fenix or PMDG or ATR or Maddog get some love too)
With MSFS there is so much to explore waiting patiently for the Vision Jet V2, currently parked in the hangar and the Kodiak and Hjet get airtime too...

Missing the Q400 form Majestic one of those aircraft with a great FD.

PC12 from Simworks will be interesting to currently in development...

Edited by virtualstuff

André

6 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

I'm a low and slow, enjoy the scenery guy, so I mainly fly the Diamond DA62 when I fly. 

DA62 was an early favorite of mine, what a beautiful plane.

• Like 2

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

I am using the FlyByWire A32nx (A320neo) as my only aircraft, also have Airbus hardware (Skalarki DesktopLine FCU, Thrustmaster Sidestick/Throttle/Add-on, Elgato StreamDeck XL with Flightpanels.io panels)... When the Aerosoft A330 comes out I will have a long haul alternative 🙂

• Like 1