Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

27 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

feels similar to the Train Sims etc.

Let alone the FIFA, NBA, NFL… franchise on Xbox, selling the product every year

I am fine to pay for MSFS2024 as long as my paid DLC work which I am sure they will

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, DAD said:

I am fine to pay for MSFS2024 as long as my paid DLC work which I am sure they will

This is what I want to know the most.

1 minute ago, MarcoPolo said:

Meanwhile at FlightSimLabs...

They just can't catch a break....LOL

• Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

I expect most (all?) addons will be compatible. Everything else would be suicide.

Yeah definitely I expect 100% compatibility. If they do break third party, it will be a suicidal decision. For me the new sim is more like the 40th anniversary update rebranded in a new sim. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Without any real information, all this video has achieved is to put the brakes on add-on sceneries!

Who is going to invest money into MSFS 2020 if we dont know if it will be compatible with MSFS 2024?

Which is perhaps, if you are a cynic, Microsofts plan. "oh look" they say, "Marketplace sales have gone through the floor and so we cannot afford to continue development for MSFS 2020. It is something we could not have predicted when we promised to support it for 10 year - but we will keep the servers on for a little bit longer until the spare change runs out".

Please STOP ALL CRYING - IT WILL BE FULL COMPATIBLE with current version !!!

it is only more content and upgrade in some areas...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just now, omarsmak30 said:

Yeah definitely I expect 100% compatibility. If they do break third party, it will be a suicidal decision. For me the new sim is more like the 40th anniversary update rebranded in a new sim. 

Don't the add-on makers deserve piece of the action?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

This is what I want to know the most.

Can‘t be any different else this is suicide and complete loss of reputation. Imagine Apple would require you to buy your AppStore content again with every new iOS release of even iPhone release

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 minutes ago, Epgd said:

IT WILL BE FULL COMPATIBLE with current version !!!

You don't know that, there's been no official confirmation.

But I would be very surprised if there wasn't some form backwards compatibility or an easy way to convert.

Edited by Tuskin38

I'd be amazed if there is no backwards compatibility with at least scenery/airport addons. If this wasn't the case, this news would greatly reduce sales of new scenery almost immediately. Plus, what about all their own work on the World Updates, unlikely they'd throw all that away.

Although hard to really tell from the trailer, it seems more geared to giving the sim a purpose/missions aka. career mode. So I'm hopeful that 3rd party addons will continue to work since the changes are more geared towards gameplay

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

It will be one of two things:  It will either be seamlessly backwards compatible with existing addons, or it will be like every other simulator in the history of flight simulators.  I'm thinking it will be mostly compatible with existing stuff, but will be different enough to require lots of tweaks to keep working, which should keep third party developers from doing anything other than porting their back catalog for the tenth consecutive year!

• Like 1

If current addon aircraft are 'fully compatible' with NEW simulator, then it isn't really a new simulator. It's just marketing strategy and adding xbox adventure stuff for the people who aren't really all that interested in a flight simulator. There has never been new version of Flight Simulator where aircraft from the older version is compatible straight away.

Edited by rjquick

39 minutes ago, DaWu said:

10years was the announcement. Lies as it seems. I am not spending a single dollar on addons which are potential to become a money sink soon. If you ever wondered why they are so slow in fixing core sim functionality there you have it. Topgun word not allowed and now gamey stuff for the kids. Atc? Shared Cockpit? Historical weather? But hey I can fly a balloon for only 70€ again. 

they didn't announce any such thing.  They said that the agreement between Microsoft and Asobo ran for ten years.  All other details were filled in from simmers' imaginations.

• Upvote 2

I have no doubt that current addons will be compatible with 2024, making people rebuy everything again would be a suicidal move.

I'm far more interested in knowing whether the current 2020 version will still be usable for the 10 years they promised us in the beginning, or are they going to shut the servers off for 2020 way before the 10 year lifespan and force us to buy 2024.  

• Like 1