Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

7 hours ago, Silicus said:

Ok, so where is the trailer for the simmers? This was the trailer for the gamers! The direction MSFS is taking is clear now. So the next generation of the sim is career mode? Wow!

Microsoft and Asobo seem to be fully embracing the idea that MSFS is an immersive game based on a purpose: career mode, different mission types, etc. Instead of starting the game by looking at a silly and clunky "world map", you
start in an operations base and select a mission: mountain rescue, business charter, etc.

Day 1 purchase for me. Can't wait. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

so what happen to all these airports that we bought through Orbx, Contrail, Fs Dreamteam. Simmarket, will they be transferrable in 2024 or do we have to buy them again ?

I believe that from Monday on we will receive a lot of new announcements from the third-party developers. Many veteran simmers are seeing the writing on the wall and know what will happen: many will charge for the update, alleging "backwards compability issues". Not gonna be surprised if PMDG announces "a new 737 NGXu24 for US$ 69.99 for new users and 49.99 for existing ones". 

• Like 3

Guys, personally, I didn't even need them to put that FAQ out because the was blatantly obvious from the jump. MS clearly knows the formula for success with this IP. Trashing so many add-ons is not part of that formula. That's throwing money away. We need to start thinking rationally and get over the PTSD of the FSX days. The franchise is making them money and they're not about to mess it up. Anyway, I'm glad they were able to clear things up. At this point, based on their responses in the FAQ, I think it is clear that we will have to go to our wallets to get access to 2024. Not an issue for me, though. These guys have given us so much free stuff that I'll glady dish out for another premium deluxe edition. Onward to the future of flight simming!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 7

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Here's hoping we can at least copy most of the community folder over to the new sim.  I have a feeling that might turn out to be a huge wish.

*Edit*  Maybe not.  Was going to get that new PC with a 4tb ssd anyways.  Maybe this is the right timing for this new sim...lol.  Glass is now half full.  🙂 

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

This announcement is great news, as it keeps the MSFS franchise in the spotlight, allowing for a fresh intake of users and extending Asobo’s support and update strategy for the foreseeable future. 

2024 will evidently inherit all improvements made to 2020, including world and avionics updates and, for sure, there will be new features and capabilities included until the release next year. 

While the transition will be seamless for those that have purchased their add-ons via the Marketplace, others stores should offer support pretty much on day one. Don’t see why existing developers would halt or delay releases either as we are talking, essentially, of the same core platform.

Looking forward to MSFS2024, 2028 and beyond…

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

The wording of the FAQ indicates that virtually all of our add-ons will work whether we got them from or outside of the official marketplace. They just further clarified that we will not have to repurchase from THEM (MS). So, if your add-on publisher charges you for the 2024 version, they are being greedy.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Krakin said:

Just when the competition was trying to play catch-up lol 

In my opinion, it’s MSFS that should catch up. Except the exceptionnal good visuals, it has been a big step backwards compared to the good flightsims we have. There are just so many stuff missing, that i stoped using it.

• Like 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Just now, Franz007 said:

In my opinion, it’s MSFS that should catch up. Except the exceptionnal good visuals, it has been a big step backwards compared to the good flightsims we have. There are just so many stuff missing, that i stoped using it.

Well good for you. Doesn't change the fact that MSFS is the most successful flight sim ever released.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Krakin said:

So, if your add-on publisher charges you for the 2024 version, they are being greedy

It wouldn't be the first time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

i really don't get what the end game is for MS to be doing this? If they keep Asobo as the studio for both, the updates will grow ever longer and bug fixes will take even longer than they do now unless they grow their staffing. I am confused as to why they will continue to support MSFS2020 when they release the new sim. It's good that it sounds like everything in MSFS2020 will work in MS2024 so why continue with both as separate platforms / products? Very odd. And what will dev's do now? Say PMDG releases a plane, do they release on the MS2020 platform and make you buy a separate copy for MS2024? I for one have no plans on keeping up with two separate platforms. If all my stuff will work in MS2024 and it has all the bells and whistles then that is the obvious choice. Is MS/Asobo only going to put long requested items just in the new MS2024, ala, seasons? Their trailer shows it working in that title but we have yet to see a date for when it will be in MS2020. What a confusing time..... 

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

6 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Their trailer shows it working in that title but we have yet to see a date for when it will be in MS2020. What a confusing time..

Maybe they couldn’t get them working in the 2020 version of the engine.

2 minutes ago, odourboy said:

It wouldn't be the first time.

True lol but I suspect in this case, most pubs won't have to do a thing. I think the add-ons will just work. Just drop them in the community folder and voila! Why do I think this? Because I'm pretty sure MS ain't about do work needed to make thousands of products in their marketplace compatible with 2024. Know what I mean? 2024 is just going to run them. Optionally, a dev might want to update their modules to make them take advantage of upgrades the new sim offers. That's how I think it will go down.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, B777ER said:

really don't get what the end game is for MS to be doing this? If they keep Asobo as the studio for both, the updates will grow ever longer and bug fixes will take even longer than they do now unless they grow their staffing. I am confused as to why they will continue to support MSFS2020 when they release the new sim.

I agree, I do not see the advantage of supporting 2 sims, updates / fixes etc, and fragmenting their consumer base between the two. And possibly slowing down new sales of MSFS given that a new sim is coming. I am interested in hearing their take on this approach.

With that said, I will certainly buy the new sim as I have no issue with them charging for it, But I imagine that everyone may not feel the same way or be in a financial position to upgrade.

To me, DCS World has the best update model ensuring that everyone has the same version & and core features.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

i really don't get what the end game is for MS to be doing this? If they keep Asobo as the studio for both, the updates will grow ever longer and bug fixes will take even longer than they do now unless they grow their staffing. I am confused as to why they will continue to support MSFS2020 when they release the new sim. It's good that it sounds like everything in MSFS2020 will work in MS2024 so why continue with both as separate platforms / products? Very odd. And what will dev's do now? Say PMDG releases a plane, do they release on the MS2020 platform and make you buy a separate copy for MS2024? I for one have no plans on keeping up with two separate platforms. If all my stuff will work in MS2024 and it has all the bells and whistles then that is the obvious choice. Is MS/Asobo only going to put long requested items just in the new MS2024, ala, seasons? Their trailer shows it working in that title but we have yet to see a date for when it will be in MS2020. What a confusing time..... 

To make money. The server costs for this game are substantial as are constant updates with a full staffed Asobo. The other option is Asobo ends most of its support and gets rid of a ton of staff I bet. This is far better for the game.

Odd. They did mention a ten year road map or something similar. If it means that my freeware and payware scenery, planes and other addons (pilot2atc, fsrealistic, fs2crew RAAS) etc still work in the new sim then so be it.

It better not be the price of a AAA title when we already paid for the premium deluxe version. That really annoys me, actually. If anything, premium and premium deluxe users better get a hefty discount. We might riot.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---