Sign in to follow this  
vjeanmarc

P3D V6 is available

1 minute ago, Manny Ortiz said:

Get the personal or professional? 

Personal for fun / Professional if you have money to burn and want to use it offline.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

3 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

LOL...I think I said that it was just something to consider. Must have struck a nerve for some of you guys. LOL Now that is some injected humor just for you. Do have a good day.

Sam, my aim is not to hurt anyone's feelings or over-stress their pacemaker so allow me some grace if I chose to explain myself. 😉 

I'm gonna bow out of this back and forth so as to not stray the topic any further. Best to you as well.

Edited by ZLA Steve
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Well, I’m on holiday for another few weeks so wouldn’t be able to install even if I wanted to. 

looking forward to seeing what the limitations are to the PMDG birds if anyone manages to port them over. 

1 hour ago, shivers9 said:

It is odd that A2A and PDMG are so quick to get a statement out on their no-support. They usually never comment unless they are looking for a payday. One has to consider that they may just be part of a effort by the some of the Dev's to use this as a chance to force more people out of P3d to the other sim. After all each one that is moved is worth a lot of sales over on the other side. We are likely to see more of the big boys pushing the buttons over the next few days. There is just no way we will ever know for sure, but it is worth thinking about before you throw you credit card at them again.

This is thinking exactly the opposite of reality. I'm sure both devs would LOVE IT if their addons needed no updates - that's more cash for them in ongoing sales on a platform that doesn't need much support.

Instead, both devs have been very clear about their status and intentions, and under the circumstances, there's nothing for which to blame them.

If consumers had kept right on buying P3D addons all this time, you'd see a LOT more action out of 3PDs for P3D. But since we took our money to the new sim en masse, they have no choice but to follow.

This is particularly true for A2A who have undoubtedly been cash flow negative for the consumer market for the last 3 years. 

• Upvote 8

42 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

This is thinking exactly the opposite of reality.

You thoughts and opinions are always welcome Sir. Good Day.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Looking at Adam Pestridge's stream it seems to me that v6 is not as compatible as was thought or as they said it would be...

• Like 2

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

"Updated global airport data and backgrounds"

Wonder if they finally added all of those new airports in China.... Can anyone confirm?

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

I must say it is very smooth and I do see a huge improvement in a lot of areas.  Now we must wait to see what works and doesn't work with it.  If most payware somehow work, this will be a huge improvement over P3Dv5.4.  Time will tell. I like what I have seen so far. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

System: P3D v5.3HF2 , Intel i9-9900K o/c to 5.1Ghz, Nvidia ASUSGeForce RTX RTX 3090 24GB,  MPG Z390 Gamng Edge mobo, 64Gb G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit

He did a great job streaming and showing the new sim.  He will be back on air later this week doing more. 

He's got some A2A working.  He's got MegaScenery working.  The atmosphere looks great (TO ME), and the tone mapping is adjustable.  

Orbx regions worked, but trying to glue in OpenLC was a bit more challenging, resulting in black tiles as seen in previous versions / years.  Corrupt / misconfigured Terrain.cfg.  

In default mode, the scenery looks exactly like it did in V5.  But the sky colors / atmosphere / lighting is much improved.  (TO ME).  

Spending more money on this version looks dicey at the moment.  But for those looking for 'screen shots' and expecting something good, you'd better temper your enthusiasm. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

Well, I've just flown one of Manfred Jahn's C-47's (I think) north eastwards to Washington DC, and I can say that the new lighting engine gives the aircraft more visual vitality, it looks more pristine, when it was going in and out of clouds, the play of light and shadows on the airframe looked quite realistic, also, the shadows of the trees, when shadows are turned on to the max (I have a nvidia 4080 & a AMD 5800x3d cpu) it makes so much difference to how the terrain looks.

So far, it definitely looks different to v5.4.

Also, runway markings look crisper, grass around airfield better looking, doesn't have that blurred look anymore.

I'd post an image, but don't know how to do it.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, seamaster55 said:

I'd post an image, but don't know how to do it.

You have to host it on another site (Facebook, Photobucket, Imgur, etc.) and then link to it. Avsim doesn’t allow direct embeds of screenshots. 

I have yet to see a video on youtube. I will gladly support v6, Because lockheed gave me years of enjoyment when nothing was available. Once active sky and at least 1 payware commercial aircraft is available i will use the new version.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I saw this on release notes

• Enhanced Flight Planner screen supporting the addition of SIDS and STARS to flight plans.

Does this mean Navigraph can potentially update the sim’s internal navdata (this will be excellent news)

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

6 hours ago, shivers9 said:

It is odd that A2A and PDMG are so quick to get a statement out on their no-support. They usually never comment unless they are looking for a payday. One has to consider that they may just be part of a effort by the some of the Dev's to use this as a chance to force more people out of P3d to the other sim. After all each one that is moved is worth a lot of sales over on the other side. We are likely to see more of the big boys pushing the buttons over the next few days. There is just no way we will ever know for sure, but it is worth thinking about before you throw you credit card at them again.

Whilst its a nice conspiracy theory, I don't think the P3D developer world has formed a global cabal with Microsoft to drive innocent and unsuspecting P3D users towards Microsoft.

What I do think, and also appreciate, is that these developer are being honest and upfront about their plans and intentions. It makes it very clearly were they stand and allows the users to make informed decisions. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

6 hours ago, shivers9 said:

It makes no sense for PMDG, A2A and others to support a new release that a very high percentage of customers will not be purchasing. At the end of the day, they need revenue just like any other business.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.