Sign in to follow this  
vjeanmarc

P3D V6 is available

Well I just installed P3Dv6 all my old aircraft from P3Dv5.4 work no problems the only thing I can see that is changed is the v5.4 to v6 I just copied simobjects gauges and effects from P3Dv5.4 into P3Dv6 all good a keeper for me

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

p3d v5 was dying, most of the devs and simmers have moved away to a new sim for many reason.

The simmers who decided to stayed with P3D keep saying the main reason is because they have invested so much money that they don't want to throw away, which is also indirectly telling the devs they are not willing to spend much more. In my own personal case I just keep my p3d v5 installed to fly the fslabs and stopped spending money on p3d addons a long time ago.

Everything has been said and reconfirmed, LM didn't create a whole new sim, they took the easy way and stayed with the old ESP just keep the same simmers happy with as much backward compatible possible.

but I will not bring anybody back, and the devs know that. 

Invested money and are still enjoying that investment to be sure.  Also the other add ons that were developed for v5 are fair game as well.  Eventually, many devs will start liquidating these assets hopefully, I'm not paying full price if they have no intention to continue to developement on a product as many have indicated.

Also, they aren't using the same old ESP, what is written for P3D v4 onward is significantly different from whatever FSX was.  Also, old ESP doesn't necessarily mean BAD.  Lots of Dunning-Kruger around the ESP and software developement thrown around here and other places, when many don't understand good code is good code.  You don't developed brand new software code if the existing is good, just doesn't make sense.

Kie Simpson

Anyone know of a good video showcasing V6? 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 hour ago, Juliet Alpha said:

What stream @DD_Arthur ?

AdamjPenstride. I think the link is further back in this thread. It was last night, UK time.

He'll be streaming again tonight. 

• Like 1

any non Adam J Pestridge ones out there?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

5 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

I am in the same situation, I think i am gonna go ahead and buy p3d v6 and stand by to see what happens with addons. I am not upset anymore, I am pretty close to angry. I have spent thousands of dollars, Not just on P3D, But x-plane as well. In X-plane alot of the addons were either not updated to v12 or didn't even have a new version to even purchase. The fact is without lockheed alot of these developers wouldn't have had any way to make money before MSFS without p3d. This is probably why some people don't want to invest in expensive addons.

So in the same vein and using your own quote: "the fact is without Microsoft a lot of these developers wouldn't have had any way to make money before P3D without FSX."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Here we go again, At least Lockheed didn't dump the community like microsoft did with fsx.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

AdamjPenstride...

Please not this guy!
Unfortunately, he is just a babbler, most of his statements result only from absurd speculations and misjudgements...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

Hmm... I wanted to find some infos about how P3Dv6 was but finally most of the topic is about complaining that 3rd party developers don't want to work for free, plus some usual load of fake information about that other sim 🤣

From my side I would simply like to know how v6 looks like, because I might be interested in bringing in some of my addons from P3Dv4 to see if they still work. Not so optimistic but I'm curious about the improvements they did to performances and weather rendering. I had to stop using P3Dv4 because I started flying in VR and couldn't stand 2D clouds anymore 🤮. P3Dv5 weather rendering and lighting was simply too terrible so I could never buy it. So the question is: is P3Dv6 any better finally ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

Here we go again, At least Lockheed didn't dump the community like microsoft did with fsx.

We aren't the target audience.  But that doesn't mean that don't mind the 1000 or so Beta testers it brings.

Kie Simpson

41 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

You really cannot stop bashing can’t you ?

MS did not dump the community; MS Flightsimulator did exist since 1982 and the last version was FSX in 2006 who received the Accelerations update in 2010. That is 28 years !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

20 minutes ago, Daube said:

most of the topic is about complaining that 3rd party developers don't want to work for free

I don't see anyone demanding updates for free, if that is what you mean. I'd be perfectly willing to pay an update fee.

• Upvote 4

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Why are there no screenshots?

• Upvote 2

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Users are still trying to take one that looks good :wink::laugh:

SORRY :sad:

• Like 6

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

I don't see anyone demanding updates for free, if that is what you mean. I'd be perfectly willing to pay an update fee.

I really hope for you that there will be 3rd part developers who are willing to update their products but if there are only a handful users there to pay an upgrade fee than they probably won’t do it. 

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0