Sign in to follow this  
vjeanmarc

P3D V6 is available

33 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

It makes no sense for PMDG, A2A and others to support a new release that a very high percentage of customers will not be purchasing.

Well...isn't this the problem? There was no upgrade fee for the different versions of P3D from v1 to v5 (as far as I know), you bought the PMDG products once and that was it...I would have expected the same for v6.

Obviously they don't want to go down that road because they will have to do "some" work and will probably sell, you are right, only a few new copies (beyond the upgraded versions for past users). MSFS copies are all new purchases. They are a business and will look after number 1...

I guess that's the problem relying on businesses ...either they will go bankrupt, close down or move on to new things and leave customers in the ditch....

Nothing to do with P3D, but as for some comments here about conspiracies, I would not be so fast calling people conspiracists...everybody is entitled to their opinion and have critical thinking. It is too easy to call people conspiracists because they question the main narrative. There are too many examples around us in the world where conspiracists were right in the end...

Edited by fnav77

Visit my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/Captain Nav

Follow me live on Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/captainnav

6 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Looking at Adam Pestridge's stream it seems to me that v6 is not as compatible as was thought or as they said it would be...

I watched it and I don't have the same impression.

It seemed to be an extremely extemporaneous stream and he was trying a LOT of things on the fly (pun!).

The only thing I saw him really have trouble with was some version of the MJC Q400 from his hard drive, AND he said right up front he knows nothing about how to operate the bird (and now I believe him! 🙂 ). I'm going more with operator error on that one.

Other than that, he was loading archived planes and scenery and everything seemed to work very well considering he obviously had nothing prepared...

Also happy to see a handful of aircraft addons load in and fly without issue (two of which were A2A Sims - glory be!).

Does it look great or make you want to go right out and spend $60 on it? Not really, tbh. But it's far from the dumpster fire some are making it out to be.

And I'll give v6 this: it didn't crash 3 minutes into every flight like v5.0 did...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

After all this mess about all the support being dropped, I have to wonder if this is what Lockheed wants. If Lockheed want's pmdg ect.. you would think they would pay some of these developers a small fee to update the products. The fact is, If there are no good payware aircrafts for P3DV6, really what is the point of using it. P3D V6 by itself is kinda pointless in my opinion. I hope i am wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Patriot3810 said:

After all this mess about all the support being dropped, I have to wonder if this is what Lockheed wants. If Lockheed want's pmdg ect.. you would think they would pay some of these developers a small fee to update the products. The fact is, If there are no good payware aircrafts for P3DV6, really what is the point of using it. P3D V6 by itself is kinda pointless in my opinion. I hope i am wrong.

We consumers have a somewhat skewed perspective on the matter. Lockheed does NOT want to loose consumer support (too late, sadly) because we help them with Beta tests and such. 

It's also somewhat of a loss of face for them. I'm sure at least some of their comm customers are looking at MSFS and wondering when it might possibly be right for them, too.

At the end of the day, LM is after muti-million dollar comm/mil/gov contracts, of which P3D is a fairly small, but cruicial piece of the solution.

Unlike Laminar Research, and even MS/Asobo, LM's revenue comes mainly from those comm contracts. We the consumers are just small potatoes to them and aren't a critical part of the biz.

So LM takes the very practical stance of, whoever wants it can use it. And it's up to us, the consumers, to spend $$ on P3D to try and get 3PDs to support it once again. It would appear those are extremely long odds, though...

I'm gonna dive in because the MJC Q400 works, and its looking good for A2A, as well (Civ Mustang and Bonanza). Maybe some others will, too. And if the stars align, perhaps the Queen of the Skies can be shoehorned in there somehow, and at that point, all will be right with the world for me.

• Upvote 1

I am not sure what to do. I do want to get v6, but if there are not many addons what good will v6 be? And I am not ready to give up my v5.4 now (I have a rather small hard drive so having both installed is out of the question). Maybe I will just wait a bit and see how things play out with v6.

Edit: People are talking about the planes working or not working in v6, what about the payware airports?

I am in the same situation, I think i am gonna go ahead and buy p3d v6 and stand by to see what happens with addons. I am not upset anymore, I am pretty close to angry. I have spent thousands of dollars, Not just on P3D, But x-plane as well. In X-plane alot of the addons were either not updated to v12 or didn't even have a new version to even purchase. The fact is without lockheed alot of these developers wouldn't have had any way to make money before MSFS without p3d. This is probably why some people don't want to invest in expensive addons.

Imho if LM continues this way then it is good for their professional clients who do not use addons.

Most 3rd party developers have left P3D and are now fully focused on MSFS as their is where they can make a living.

The way I see it : there will be little to none new P3Dv6 compatible products, so either you accept that and enjoy what it brings as it is, or try to make existing addons compatible or look into other flightsims…

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Wonder if HifiSim will update ActiveSky to P3Dv6 ?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I was unaware that pmdg lost their License for boeing, So that could be the reason for not updating. If this is true. It was being discussed in a p3d v6 live stream on twitch. Alot of people said pmdg lost their license right before MSFS was released. Take it with a grain of salt. I am curious if fs labs is in the same situation with airbus. Being that p3d is a training platform this could make sense. The pmdg planes are not up to par in MSFS like they were in P3D V4. My hope is someone will come along and replace some of these developers. It could be a good opportunity such as flight factor to create some good content for p3d. As an example. Of course i could be completely talking out of my word not allowed. I would prefer to have a functioning aircraft than eye candy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot3810 said:

The pmdg planes are not up to par in MSFS like they were in P3D V4. 

Huh? For me they work perfectly fine? I've read some nonsense about VNAV around here somewhere but that simply is not true. What exactly is not 'up to par'?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 hour ago, Patriot3810 said:

The pmdg planes are not up to par in MSFS like they were in P3D V4

Total nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

Well I bought the personal license and have installed. After firing up V6 it looks pretty much like V5. The default scenery still leaves much to be desired so that means spending hours loading third party scenery (if it still works). Performance in some scenarios seems to have got worse. The registry needs to be hacked to get many 3rd party planes working and then it is still very much hit and miss. I am really trying but I just can't get excited about this. 

• Like 1

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

20 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Huh? For me they work perfectly fine? I've read some nonsense about VNAV around here somewhere but that simply is not true. What exactly is not 'up to par'?

Vnav doesn't even work correctly in MSFS, But i am not going there in a p3d forum.