Sign in to follow this  
vjeanmarc

P3D V6 is available

9 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

And if the stars align, perhaps the Queen of the Skies can be shoehorned in there somehow, and at that point, all will be right with the world for me.

Someone on the FB ‘v5’ group has stated he’s got the PMDG (Partial to Money Development Group) Queen up & running on v6 with no issues so far.  He posted a nice screenshot. 

• Like 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

5 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Agreed. 

I recommend he get an actual job and move out his parents' basement.

Dave

A bit harsh, don't u think so ?

Artur 

I will take v6 only for development and testing of VFR scenarios. Because, most planes I use in v4. And I stick with it, since PMDG is not going to update their planes for v6 any time soon. QW is a dead silence ever since the 1.4 update. I do not see them in FsElite, I do not see them post anything in Facebook or elsewhere. And I am addicted to my QW 787, so I'll stick with v4 for my main sim and do development on v6. I want to see is SimDirector on v6 going to work well if I put too many objects in a scenery. That's the main goal I'll take v6 for. And prob. I'll save up for pro plus license because I want to. 

Edited by PavlinS

Frankly, this thread has run its course nor does it add anything new to the fact P3D V6 is available and apparantly no one even had the 'courage' or anxiety to share pictures. This concludes that there is little enthousiasm for now for this 'new' platform. 

(I fly p3d v5.3 hf2 plenty of times so don't get me wrong)

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I do understand WHY developers have abandoned P3d. Developers follow where the money is. The money is in the "Other Sim"
at this time, and the Devs are making a killing. Good for them! They know they have to make as much as they can whilst the going is good.

However, these things always run in cycles.
FS 2004 ran its course and the devs made their money and then abandoned it.
FSX ran its course and the Devs made their money too and then abandoned it.
P3d, as far as the devs are concerned, has run its course and have mostly, but not all, abandoned it.
The "Other Sim" is now in favour with many, if not the majority, of former P3d users, as well as newbie simmers by the millions. Will these casual simmers, gamers, be as fanatical as hard core simmers in purchasing the latest and greatest addons.

However, there are only so many people who are attracted to flight simulators. Flight sim gamers are in a very small minority compared to other gamers. What is so exciting about flying form A to B if you are not a hard core flight simmer. The big thing in gaming is blowing things up or stealing cars or games that have competition, something to win, something to defeat.

I have tried to interest many youngsters from age 9 up, offering to teach them how to fly A2A's warbirds and even PMDG's 747-8. None have shown any interest in availing my offer. All of them asked if the Warbirds can blow things up, I said no, they just rolled their eyes.

The "Other Sim" will eventually succumb to the cycle and reach user saturation point. Millions will lose interest. There is simply not enough excitment, unless the excitment is learning and perfecting the flight sim experience. The millions on the "Other Sim" are there because it is a fad, other than the hard core simmers who have moved there from P3d, and the minority of newbie who may become hard core simmers.

Eventually, sales of the "Other Sim" that everyone is raving about will flatline and then drop. And then, like the 3rd party devs abandoning P3d, the developer of the "Other Sim" will abandon it. They did it once before, they WILL DO IT AGAIN. The servers will become too costly to run due to the drop in sales, it will be come too expensive to maintain. When they do there will be no company to take it over, like P3d did to FSX. The "Other Sim", apart form the core is streamed in from servers. Without the streaming it is just FSX wrapped in a bit more candy

What then? The developers of addons will again abandon their clients for what ever comes next, if there is ever another next.

THIS IS INEVITABLE.

BUT what I do not understand about the current situation is this!!!
WHY are, PMDG, A2A, Aerosoft, Just Flight, Flight One, Carenado, FS Labs... just name your developer, who have abandoned P3d, still selling their addons at full price, knowing full well that they will not be supporting the sale with after-sale service.

NOW, one would think that a business who had a whole lot of products for a system that was no longer in vogue, would try to SELL AS MANY AT A DISCOUNTED RATE to those who are still using the old system.

BETTER STILL, why, since thay have abandoned the product, have no intention of supporting it, enhancing it, ever; WHY DON'T they, LIKE MILVIZ and a few others simply give their protfolio of never to be updated products away FOR FREE.

Milviz, now Blackbird Simulations at least had the integrity to release their addons they have abandoned to the community that still uses P3d. NOW THAT IS A COMPANY WITH INTEGRITY.

As for those users of the "Other Sim" who are pointing out the reasonableness of developers abandoning P3d, do note, that when the day comes when the "Other Sim" falls by the wayside in the distant years ahead, you will be in the same boat, all your addons abandoned and the enhanced scenery devestaed when the servers are switched off.

And when that day arrives, you can bet your bottom dollar that Lockheed Martin's P3d version "whatever" will still be there in whatever form it takes, because their core is TRAINING and NOT ENTERTAINMENT, and they as a company need P3d to train the military pilots of the "Real Planes" they produce as cheaply as possible.

Gary Scott

Edited by Franschhoek
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Franschhoek said:

WHY are, PMDG, A2A, Aerosoft, Just Flight, Flight One, Carenado, FS Labs... just name your developer, who have abandoned P3d, still selling their addons at full price, knowing full well that they will not be supporting the sale with after-sale service.

While I see statements that they are not going to update for P3D v6, I do not see any of the above who say that their existing products will no longer be supported.
Milviz and Aeroplane Heaven have chosen the path that you prefer and now offer no product support in return for no fee.
This may suit them, but it may not suit the customers who paid for the products but still have a problem with them.

Solutions in this highly critiqued environment are never simple, as it is impossible to please everyone and sometimes, impossible to please anyone.

5 minutes ago, Franschhoek said:

BUT what I do not understand about the current situation is this!!!

I do not understand this either, In the recent ORBX sale I ended up buying LPPT,ESGG,LFLL and BIFK all for P3d V4. If developers dropped thier prices I would by a hell of a lot more.

I got into P3D late after being a long term FSX user ( i still use it on my main flight rig set up) and I am very happy with the P3D platform, I'm also considering purchasing V6 after not buying V5 and am very interested in hearing what will work with V6.

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

14 minutes ago, Franschhoek said:

We remain fully committed to providing ongoing updates for our Airbus titles, and we strive to ensure our customers have the best experience possible. In fact, we released a new update earlier this morning specifically for our customers using P3D. Our recent announcement clearly emphasises our continued support, and we have never indicated otherwise.

Before making any false accusations or assumptions, I kindly suggest taking the time to read our official statement that Lefteris posted on our support forum today. It will provide you with accurate information regarding our commitment to supporting our products and serving our valued customers going forward.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 4

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

6 minutes ago, MachTwo said:

We remain fully committed to providing ongoing updates for our Airbus titles, and we strive to ensure our customers have the best experience possible. In fact, we released a new update earlier this morning specifically for our customers using P3D. Our recent announcement clearly emphasises our continued support, and we have never indicated otherwise.

Before making any false accusations or assumptions, I kindly suggest taking the time to read our official statement that Lefteris posted on our support forum today. It will provide you with accurate information regarding our commitment to supporting our products and serving our valued customers going forward.

Noted and apologies to FS Labs.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Everyone needs to keep in mind, That it's only been 1 day since p3d v6 release, And it's also a holiday in the U.S. For the developers that may not have responded, i would be patient.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Reader said:

While I see statements that they are not going to update for P3D v6, I do not see any of the above who say that their existing products will no longer be supported.
Milviz and Aeroplane Heaven have chosen the path that you prefer and now offer no product support in return for no fee.
This may suit them, but it may not suit the customers who paid for the products but still have a problem with them.

Solutions in this highly critiqued environment are never simple, as it is impossible to please everyone and sometimes, impossible to please anyone.

PMDG, A2A etc will no longer be updating thier addons, they will not be fixing any outstanding issues, have stated that they have no staff working on P3d addons including not updating for P3d V6.

I have never had to request support for any of the addons I have from PMDG, A2A and others. these aircraft are all fully honed and simply just work. There is no need for support. Granted some may have an issue with installing and running them, but generally that always ends up not a being a problem with the addon but with their system. Part of the support that came with the purchase was an unpaid upgrade from P3d v4.5 to P3d v5. Omne woulsd assume an upgrade to v6 would be applicable.

I would prefer a no support free addon to one that sells at full price, but with a now limited support that does not include a version upgrade that was always previously included in the sale.

nevertheless I do get your point, flight simmers are hard to please, and no matter what we say we will not be changing the developers mind.

6 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

Vnav doesn't even work correctly in MSFS, But i am not going there in a p3d forum.

Again - blatant misinformation. I can verify it does everything it's supposed to do and does that well from documentation I have access to and this has been corroborated by several different type rated 737 pilots, including in this forum, since this rumor came up. There is potential for final polish as it can be late to slow down when approaching a speed resctriction and the geometry of the calculated descent path sometimes makes the plane reach a lower altitude restriction a little early as opposed to delaying the level off as much as possible to save a few more drops of fuel by staying as high as possible for as long as possible, but that's nitpicking on a high level, nothing more and it's definitely not worse than in P3D.

It's not broken. Repeating this won't make it true.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

26 minutes ago, Franschhoek said:

Noted and apologies to FS Labs.

And one must commend both GSX and Majestic, who, despite the now limited use of P3d amidst the wholesale move to the "Other Sim" had already upgraded GSX and the Q400 with P3d v6 installers long before P3d v6 was released. Perhaps there are others (one hears word that Active Sky are in a Beta for V6). Perhaps all that is required of the developer is a few simple tweaks. It reminds me of Flight 1 abandoning its GTN 750/650 just before the final version of P3d 5.3.17 came out. All they had to do was update the version number that was compatible with P3d v 5.3.15 to 5.3.17, but simply would not. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Franschhoek said:

Will these casual simmers, gamers, be as fanatical as hard core simmers in purchasing the latest and greatest addons.
The "Other Sim" will eventually succumb to the cycle and reach user saturation point. Millions will lose interest. There is simply not enough excitment, unless the excitment is learning and perfecting the flight sim experience. The millions on the "Other Sim" are there because it is a fad, other than the hard core simmers who have moved there from P3d, and the minority of newbie who may become hard core simmers.
Eventually, sales of the "Other Sim" that everyone is raving about will flatline and then drop. And then, like the 3rd party devs abandoning P3d, the developer of the "Other Sim" will abandon it. They did it once before, they WILL DO IT AGAIN. The servers will become too costly to run due to the drop in sales, it will be come too expensive to maintain. When they do there will be no company to take it over, like P3d did to FSX. The "Other Sim", apart form the core is streamed in from servers. Without the streaming it is just FSX wrapped in a bit more candy
As for those users of the "Other Sim" who are pointing out the reasonableness of developers abandoning P3d, do note, that when the day comes when the "Other Sim" falls by the wayside in the distant years ahead, you will be in the same boat, all your addons abandoned and the enhanced scenery devestaed when the servers are switched off.

And when that day arrives, you can bet your bottom dollar that Lockheed Martin's P3d version "whatever" will still be there in whatever form it takes, because their core is TRAINING and NOT ENTERTAINMENT, and they as a company need P3d to train the military pilots of the "Real Planes" they produce as cheaply as possible.

That is a sizeable potpourri of conjecture and talking points must say lol ... so the "hard core simmers" using the "other sim" are all ex-P3Ders? and that other sim is "just FSX wrapped in a bit more candy" without streaming?? 😂 Too lazy to get into your other talking points, but boy oh boy are they ever the same ole laughable tropes that seem to get thrown around here a lot.

Here's some bottom line pragmatism: Sim platforms come and go, thrive and don't thrive, and 3rd party devs will focus on the platforms that provide the capabilities they seek in order to implement the aircraft in the way they want to, and also are currently in use by the majority of sim users (PMDG, A2A, FSL, Milviz, etc etc all seem to have come to the conclusion the other sim meets these two major criteria).

It's wise to not get emotionally attached to one sim platform or one 3rd party dev, and it's certainly wise to not expect one platform ecosystem to thrive forever... and this is par for the course for not just flight simming but all tech out there (OS's, phones, software, media devices, etc). Those of us who've been flight simming long enough with all the sims that have come and gone know one thing for sure: the only constant is change.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

23 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

That is a sizeable potpourri of conjecture and talking points must say lol ... so the "hard core simmers" using the "other sim" are all ex-P3Ders? and that other sim is "just FSX wrapped in a bit more candy" without streaming?? 😂 Too lazy to get into your other talking points, but boy oh boy are they ever the same ole laughable tropes that seems to get thrown around here a lot.

Here's some bottom line pragmatism: Sim platforms come and go, thrive and don't thrive, and 3rd party devs will focus on the platforms that provide the capabilities they seek in order to implement the aircraft in the way they want to, and also are currently in use by the majority of sim users (PMDG, A2A, FSL, Milviz, etc etc all seem to have come to the conclusion the other sim meets these two major criteria).

It's wise to not get emotionally attached to one sim platform or one 3rd party dev, and it's certainly wise to not expect one platform ecosystem to thrive forever... and this is par for the course for not just flight simming but all tech out there (OS's, phones, software, media devices, etc). Those of us who've been flight simming long enough with all the sims that have come and gone know one thing for sure: change is the only constant.

Crumbs, thanks for repeating my talking points in other words. "Sim platforms come and go, thrive and don't thrive Blaa Blaa Etc" You seem to have picked things out of context to bolster your own opinion which you think is superior to mine.

I never said all the Hard Core simmers of the Other Sim are ALL EX P3d users as you have worded it above. 

I did say - The "Other Sim" is now in favour with many, if not the majority, of former P3d users.

And why the ignorance regarding streaming scenery from a server in the 'Other Sim"
Here is a comment taken from - forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-stops-streaming-scenery/280645

"I’ve got a new problem, which appears to have started yesterday. Just wondering if anybody else has seen anything similar.

For some reason the sim decides to stop streaming scenery data after about 30 minutes. By the time I reach my destination the game looks like FS5. I don’t have any connectivity issues my end, I have also tried disabling caching to see if it makes any difference, but it doesn’t.

It’s frustrating because the save/load mechanic appears to be completely broken so I can’t save, quit and reload."

I am glad that you were too lazy to get into my other talking points so that I don't have to comment on them.
I am not emotionally attached to P3d, I am economically tied to it. After saving up my dollars to buy each and every addon for my minimum spec PC that is 10 years old, I simply cannot afford to move to another sim, nor get another PC, in the forseeable future.

Lastly my whole post is around the concept of constant change and that change will come to the "Other Sim" in time. Having said that, Lockheed Martin as one of the biggest aviation arms manufacturer in world who is not dependant on sales of P3d to keep going and will always need a training simulator will still be there in a more advanced form long after Microsoft gives up MSFS again. That is not emotionalism, but straight forward fact.

• Like 4