Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

Beyond ATC Preview Video

Oh yes that is looking really good.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

33 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

And 100 voices versus a couple, is a major plus. 

And terrain awareness, regional accents, radio degradation.

Quotes from the dev on their Discord:

We handle vectoring from the final fix of the star to the IAF of the approach, accounting for terrain that may be present. We also ensure that angles will never exceed 90 degrees so you're turned in increments that don't make for wild maneuvers. In the case where you have no star, or the approach is visual, we vector you to the FAF accounting for terrain and give visual clearance based on the visibility profile of the weather.

we simulate radio degradation based on distance and altitude as well as terrain. The lower and farther away the more the radio transmission is degraded if you hear a plane far away or behind mountains.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Amazing can't wait for this.

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

From the discord:

[User Question] "My question is how are you checking active runways, is it based on wind? I'm asking since for example in Madrid there are preferential runways that are being switched only when wind components are exceeding set values, but tailwind takeoffs/landings are common. 

For example today in-sim ATC today assigned me runway 14R which would be correct wind-wise, but according to flightradar active takeoff runway at that moment was 36L."

[Dev Answer] "We have a couple different ways, but check around this channel for an explanation on how custom user data will work. Trusted users can upload airport specific SOPs to our server that will be downloaded by all other users of the product. You can specify different situations for Madrid, for example, that if the wind is greater than X, it uses Y runway, among many other things like specifiying which airlines go to which gates.

The nice thing is unlike GSX or P2ATC profiles, this will automatically download for all users, so as more people enter data, the program gets better for everyone.

And of course, we'll moderate that data so it's not a bunch of broken troll data."

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

This looks like an absolute must-have. Impressive video to say the least. Might even try to talk to it hoping it can decipher my accent. 🤪

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It's calling out other traffic.  Is it also intercepting and controlling the flight paths of each of these as well, IOW will it do better at choreographing live RT and user (that's us) traffic as well so as to minimize go-arounds, etc?  That's a tall order

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Looks very good, but as im sceptical by nature i need to see it perform, and needs to perform very well to take me out of pilot2atc.

Edited by dmarques69
  • Like 2

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

It looks very good. I just hope it understands English with no accent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

It's calling out other traffic.  Is it also intercepting and controlling the flight paths of each of these as well, IOW will it do better at choreographing live RT and user (that's us) traffic as well so as to minimize go-arounds, etc?  That's a tall order

This is indeed the crucial question. 

Will it control AI traffic? Will it appropriately separate and sequence AI traffic? Will it make AI traffic use the correct runways, taxiways and gates? Will it handle the user and AI traffic in the same way just as parts of the traffic flow?

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Man, very well done for sure. I know lots of questions. I'll take it now with or without traffic control. Looks to control them quite nicely as is.  

Chris Chiozza

This is what I've been asking to become true since decades !!!

WOWAAAAA !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

My single concern is it will come out late this year, just months before msfs2024 which will have I THINK a brand new ATC based on AI and machine learning.  Jorg hinted in that direction many times.

• Upvote 1

Amazing. We've needed this for about 20 years.

I'm wondering two things.  Will the performance hold up? And I know it's a cop out, but would we get a taxiway line to follow?  I can't normally be bothered to find airport charts for everywhere I go.  Would rather just jump in and fly sometimes.  

Does anyone know if its control window will be VR compatible?

Michael

• Like 2

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals